Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox Multi-plaintiff Suit  (Read 68880 times)
Solarstorm75

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:43:30 PM

Although I haven't got funds @mtgox anymore, I'll supply you with some information in order to support anybody who wants to sue mtgox because I'm very interested in seeing Mark Karpeles at court for his actions. lost quiet a bit during the last days when leaving mtgox.

throughout the last week immediately after the first press release of mtgox regarding halted btc withdrawals, you could observe huge rhythmic btc dumps @mtgox every 2-5 minutes following always the same pattern ("the whale of mtgox"). the sum of these dumps up to now is approx 140000 btc at an average price of around us$270. ie a us$38 mio sell-off. there were a few stuck levels eg at us$261.24 yesterday and us$148.15 the day before yesterday. these were manipulated levels by the whale serving all asks above these levels every 2-5 minutes. this is very difficult to do through the api of mtgox. but very easy if you're in charge of the order book itself.

Therefore, you'll have to deal with either a very risky investor who is going to sue mtgox as well for his us$38+ mio funds @mtgox pretty soon.

if you take into account that most of the trading fees at mtgox were paid in btc throughout the last years (default setting), it is more likely that the whale rushing all the btc on the market is mtgox resp Mark Karpeles himself. This would be an easy way to transfer the customers fiat collected throughout the last years to his own account reducing his liability in € and us$. if you further take into account, that maybe a good portion of btc stored at mtgox got stolen, mtgox might blame the bitcoin protocol ("transaction malleability") as a cause for the loss. the result: Mark Karpeles got the customers fiat, the customers got stolen btc. the customers could file a charge against an unknown person for stealing their btc.

what does this mean? --> all data on the servers of mtgox must be assured immediately in order to investigate the fraud.

ressources:
http://bitcoincharts.com/
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/
http://coinsight.org/mtgox.html

Bravo! I noticed this several days ago, as written here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458834.msg5080859#msg5080859

The dumping process started around January 28th with relative small BTC amounts.

Maybe these are the 144 kBTC seized from Silk Road, the FEDs announced to sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:49:27 PM

See MtGox,
how it is possible, big international robbery without any help and without any legal responsibility.
Who was behind this    Huh

just retrieve the data of who sold 250000 BTC at Gox under 300 dollar....and to which accounts the balances went

shouldn´t be so difficult to find out with all those KMR regulations in place......

Unluckily thats in nobodys interest as there are no box -cutters neither drugs involved  to blame  Wink
Giggety

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:52:35 PM

I am really happy that mtgox finally is going down but I really feel with the people who have their money trapped there.
I think we should as a community fight these kind of diseases. That CEO can't get away with this.

I follow this very interested and hope for the best.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

I am really happy that mtgox finally is going down but I really feel with the people who have their money trapped there.
I think we should as a community fight these kind of diseases. That CEO can't get away with this.

I follow this very interested and hope for the best.

milion bitcoins will be sold from MtGox on Bitstamp and then everything falls !

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
nmersulypnem (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:56:12 PM

Updated post.
withnail

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:19:48 PM

Has anyone tried to contact staff members at Gox other than Crap Karp himself? Surely by now some of them are willing to talk?
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:21:55 PM

I think that together we will sue MtGox and Bitstamp !

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:23:19 PM

I think that together we will sue MtGox and Bitstamp !

http://i57.tinypic.com/2nn804.jpg

no igorr, that's just you because you are a troll and nobody likes you.
 Cool

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:42:02 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 04:53:36 PM by toknormal

you've lost everything, and the BTC and money.

no more recovery game is over, now  Bitstamp and BTC-e go to bottom !

You're a ray of sunshine aren't you. Trying to make people feel better ?
ardana123

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:43:42 PM

IMO you're all morons for trying to sue Gox. All you're doing is giving them extra problems and thus delaying their progress to make things right more and more. I don't believe Gox is trying to run away with our money, but they are stalling.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:45:40 PM

IMO you're all morons for trying to sue Gox. All you're doing is giving them extra problems and thus delaying their progress to make things right more and more. I don't believe Gox is trying to run away with our money, but they are stalling.

why are they stalling in your opinion?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:50:09 PM

throughout the last week immediately after the first press release of mtgox regarding halted btc withdrawals, you could observe huge rhythmic btc dumps @mtgox every 2-5 minutes....if you take into account that most of the trading fees at mtgox were paid in btc throughout the last years (default setting), it is more likely that the whale rushing all the btc on the market is mtgox resp Mark Karpeles himself

Bravo! I noticed this several days ago, as written here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458834.msg5080859#msg5080859

Brother JohnF also noticed it and posted a remark to that effect on his "Bitcoin Channel"...

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/33713
ardana123

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

why are they stalling in your opinion?

Well have a pick. They're involved in lawsuits with among others coinlab. They have legal investigations going due to the silk road debacle. Their USD accounts are locked pending further investigation and possibly until they get the proper licenses. If they divulged all the info about what's going on internally they would probably be through as an exchange and no one would ever use them again. But then again, by stalling and keeping their customers in the dark they are already doing just that. They might also genuinely not be allowed to divulge certain information (eg silk road investigation, lawsuits)
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:59:00 PM

The thiefs are selling peoples bitcoins to cash out and run.....and who is the only one who can cash out? MT. Gox and cronies

Its in front of your eyes and you rather convince  yourself  that you are dreaming ?? unbelievable capacity of rosecolored

blinders...where did you buy them?
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:05:45 PM

I suspect you are right about the not trying to steal and the stalling. OTOH, the markets might be reassured at this point by having the authorities involved. It most certainly is true that Gox's behavior is a classic series of steps taken by companies that are staving off insolvency. They may not be insolvent, but their steps and PR certainly make it appear they are.
sayulita

Activity: 881

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:36:44 PM

With all sincerity, I wish you guys all the success. It is absolutely criminal what this scumbag has done to each you.

Good luck guys.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:39:27 PM

I strongly suspect that he wants people suing for USD entirely
USD?!  This advice doesn't make sense unless you have USD on MtGox yourself and wish to buy cheap coins.  The price in e.g. JPY is constantly 2.5% above the price in USD, and a currency which is much more liquid inside Japan, so why not JPY?  Or EUR?  The price in EUR is constantly 2.5% above the price in USD as well.  And since all movement of USD has to go through US banks, you may bump into the USD liquidity problem MtGox has had for a very long time.

The answer from MtGox when people have threatened with lawsuits to get their USD out has been:
Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
03:03 <@MagicalTux> x, a class action in the US to force us to do something the US govt prevents us from doing might not lead you very far

And AFAIK none of the lawsuits have been successful so far.  So why lose 2.5% extra when selling to get a currency which they have problems delivering?  This just doesn't make sense to me.  EUR should be just as good as USD, and more liquid.  JPY even better.  So why USD?

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:48:02 PM

And AFAIK none of the lawsuits have been successful so far.  So why lose 2.5% extra when selling to get a currency which they have problems delivering?  This just doesn't make sense to me.  EUR should be just as good as USD, and more liquid.  JPY even better.  So why USD?
And btw, I received an EUR (SEPA) withdrawal today.  If you are going to sell anyway, this is a way of getting your funds out as fiat without paying money to an expensive law firm.  Works for those who doesn't have enough in their MtGox account to be interesting as well.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:48:12 PM

UPDATE:

MTGOX @ $123
nmersulypnem (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:54:03 PM

I strongly suspect that he wants people suing for USD entirely
USD?!  This advice doesn't make sense unless you have USD on MtGox yourself and wish to buy cheap coins.  The price in e.g. JPY is constantly 2.5% above the price in USD, and a currency which is much more liquid inside Japan, so why not JPY?  Or EUR?  The price in EUR is constantly 2.5% above the price in USD as well.  And since all movement of USD has to go through US banks, you may bump into the USD liquidity problem MtGox has had for a very long time.

The answer from MtGox when people have threatened with lawsuits to get their USD out has been:
Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
03:03 <@MagicalTux> x, a class action in the US to force us to do something the US govt prevents us from doing might not lead you very far

To be clear, the attorney said he wanted to sue for USD over BTC.  I think what he meant was that he was willing to sue for any fiat currency, not specifically USD.  ...just not BTC.

As for MtGox claiming that a US class action wouldn't work - fine - this isn't a US class action suit.  This is a Japanese suit against a Japanese company, and their funds in a Japanese bank.  This has nothing to do with the US gov't.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: