Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:57:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox Multi-plaintiff Suit  (Read 68894 times)
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:50:38 AM

Well to be really fair.. he was buying at a slight discount - as opposed to the final 20 to 1 ratios people were trading at on bitcoinbuilder, so he was willing to take what at that stage were considered (by many anyway, and not entirely unreasonably) to be 'delayed' or 'temporarily unavailable' coins.
This gave an exit for those who needed their coins immediately.

It's a sad situation all round.

I on the other hand took a punt on a few 3 to 1 goxcoins, which yes was a little greedy - but hey, I was burned in a risky bet I was willing to take Wink
I feel sorry for those who had significant proportions of their wealth there or who bought goxcoins early on before the scale of the disaster was clearer.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
massivebitman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:28:28 PM

Hi All,

I invested about $15-20k into bitcoin, now seems it's all gone.

I too would like to join the lawsuit

Please PM me

gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:53:26 PM

I'd like to join the lawsuit so PM me if interested.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:33:34 PM

You are gambled, and you lost.
Now what you want ?

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:52:33 PM

Looks like Karpeles was defrauding customers even before he acquired Mt.Gox.

http://www.dailytech.com/Bitcoin+King+Pt+II+Mt+Goxs+Dictator+Karpels+Proves+Tragically+Flawed/article34452.htm

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:36:03 PM

some folks working on http://www.humint.is/goxcoin
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:28:06 AM

some folks working on http://www.humint.is/goxcoin

"Obtain Gox's account database."

I hope they get arrested. I don't want my details going to this.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:41:50 AM

I had 53k saved on gox. As a result of trying to transfer out what I could in btc, all I ended up with was 23goxcoins and $700goxdollars. I would like to join in with someone serious about taking action.
madsquirrel

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:22:52 PM

Excuse me, could you tell me, is there any online form to complaint with Tokyo police?
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:29:15 AM

Excuse me, could you tell me, is there any online form to complaint with Tokyo police?

It is unlikely this will be treated as a criminal matter until after the bankruptcy proceedings are resolved.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:51:15 AM

It is unlikely this will be treated as a criminal matter until after the bankruptcy proceedings are resolved.

It is a parallel matter, you don't have to wait anything. Anyway the news is that it is already under investigation by the FBI and by Tokyo police.

One may contact the tokyo police here http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:13:10 AM

The delays in fiat withdrawals continue, particularly for USD. Since these are not properly disclosed (or even the need to pay the 5% fee for a "manual withdrawal") on the website
The reason for the 5% fee is explained very well.  They can't send from their normal bank, and have to transfer the funds via domestic transfer first.  This makes two currency exchange fees at 2.5% each, which is a common currency exchange fee in Japanese banks.  USD -> JPY -> USD.  You are obliged to cover the bank fees (see the ToS).  You can find the currency exchange fee the multi-currency trading FAQ.

The reasons for JPY and EUR delays are properly explained IMO.  The reason for USD delays are not explained for legal reasons which they aren't allowed to talk about.  All USD transfers must pass through a US bank, which gives the US government full control.  MagicalTux have given plenty of hints on IRC and Twitter that the US government is involved in blocking those.  Good luck in getting a Japanese court to overrule the US government regarding USD transfers.  AFAIK all attempts of legal action against MtGox in the US to get USD out have failed, and to this day I haven't got a proper explanation of why all the attempts have failed.

I think we all know why the 5% fee existed.

MTGOX WAS RUNNING A PONZI AND WERE INSOLVENT FOR QUITE A WHILE ON THE FIAT END AS WELL AS THE BTC END.

You supported them and shilled for them and now are silent on the main GATHERING thread. Run away as you have been proven to be wrong on all of your claims about how MTGOX is such a "great" place to buy and sell Bitcoins blah blah blah.

I called out your bullshit and now that it has been shown you were full of BS you are now silent on the matter. Good job buddy.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:26:05 PM

The delays in fiat withdrawals continue, particularly for USD. Since these are not properly disclosed (or even the need to pay the 5% fee for a "manual withdrawal") on the website
The reason for the 5% fee is explained very well.  They can't send from their normal bank, and have to transfer the funds via domestic transfer first.  This makes two currency exchange fees at 2.5% each, which is a common currency exchange fee in Japanese banks.  USD -> JPY -> USD.  You are obliged to cover the bank fees (see the ToS).  You can find the currency exchange fee the multi-currency trading FAQ.

The reasons for JPY and EUR delays are properly explained IMO.  The reason for USD delays are not explained for legal reasons which they aren't allowed to talk about.  All USD transfers must pass through a US bank, which gives the US government full control.  MagicalTux have given plenty of hints on IRC and Twitter that the US government is involved in blocking those.  Good luck in getting a Japanese court to overrule the US government regarding USD transfers.  AFAIK all attempts of legal action against MtGox in the US to get USD out have failed, and to this day I haven't got a proper explanation of why all the attempts have failed.

MTGOX WAS RUNNING A PONZI AND WERE INSOLVENT FOR QUITE A WHILE ON THE FIAT END AS WELL AS THE BTC END.
Why are you saying one thing first, and then yelling the opposite?  You don't make sense, as usual.
You supported them and shilled for them and now are silent on the main GATHERING thread. Run away as you have been proven to be wrong on all of your claims about how MTGOX is such a "great" place to buy and sell Bitcoins blah blah blah.
I never supported MtGox, and I left the bullshit thread a long time ago.  I was back briefly to tell you about the EUR withdrawal which just arrived (when everyone claimed withdrawals didn't work, btw), and there wasn't a single post on the page which was worth spending two seconds on.  The page was already quite empty due to ignored people who never posted anything worth reading.  I didn' bother to read the rest.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:34:22 PM

I never supported MtGox
Yes, you did:

Quote from: smoothie on February 09, 2014, 12:57:40 PM
+1 Mr. Sturle lacks logic when it comes to customers being fucked over in all of MTGOX's short comings. And myself being also called an idiot by him shows his lack of understanding of what customers should be able to do.
I can fully understand the frustration of people who can't get to their money.  Claiming they don't have the BTC, and asking for total irresponsible behaviour to "prove" they have the BTC, is 100% idiocy.

We all know that this technical glitch has all the signs of a technical glitch, and absolutely no signs of MtGox being out of BTC.  In fact they filled up their hot wallet several times during last week, as you could see by withdrawals suddenly working well for a short while, using very old inputs, until they started failing because the old spent inputs came back on top of the list (sorted by age).  I took the opportunity to withdraw just after refill, and got myself a new round of profit by buying MtGox BTC at a discount with BTC I withdrew from MtGox.  You will know they are going to refill within 2 hours of withdrawals to external addresses starting to fail with "invalid address".  (Withdrawal to MtGox deposit addresses still work when the hot wallet is empty.)

You are obviously not a technical or scientific person.  You rely on belief and rumour instead of facts and logic.  I am a technical person.  I dig into the real matters, investigating what holds water and what is just empty rumours.  That's why I am right every time.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:10:11 AM

Why are you saying one thing first, and then yelling the opposite?  You don't make sense, as usual.
I never supported MtGox, and I left the bullshit thread a long time ago.  I was back briefly to tell you about the EUR withdrawal which just arrived (when everyone claimed withdrawals didn't work, btw), and there wasn't a single post on the page which was worth spending two seconds on.  The page was already quite empty due to ignored people who never posted anything worth reading.  I didn' bother to read the rest.

Let the mtgox shill back pedaling begin. Lol Wink

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:12:19 AM

I never supported MtGox
Yes, you did:

+1 Mr. Sturle lacks logic when it comes to customers being fucked over in all of MTGOX's short comings. And myself being also called an idiot by him shows his lack of understanding of what customers should be able to do.
I can fully understand the frustration of people who can't get to their money.  Claiming they don't have the BTC, and asking for total irresponsible behaviour to "prove" they have the BTC, is 100% idiocy.

We all know that this technical glitch has all the signs of a technical glitch, and absolutely no signs of MtGox being out of BTC.  In fact they filled up their hot wallet several times during last week, as you could see by withdrawals suddenly working well for a short while, using very old inputs, until they started failing because the old spent inputs came back on top of the list (sorted by age).  I took the opportunity to withdraw just after refill, and got myself a new round of profit by buying MtGox BTC at a discount with BTC I withdrew from MtGox.  You will know they are going to refill within 2 hours of withdrawals to external addresses starting to fail with "invalid address".  (Withdrawal to MtGox deposit addresses still work when the hot wallet is empty.)

You are obviously not a technical or scientific person.  You rely on belief and rumour instead of facts and logic.  I am a technical person.  I dig into the real matters, investigating what holds water and what is just empty rumours.  That's why I am right every time.

Lol and I was made out to be the "idiot" yet my call was spot on (mtgox being insolvent).

And his presumption of me not being a technical person is funny as I have a technical background.

I do speak from experience. And the way I knew mtgox was insolvent was from a of the signs they gave the public over the past 8 to 9 months. It wouldn't be the first insolvent business I've spotted.

Sturle can't admit he was wrong and that his shilling for gox was for financial gain at the expense of others.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:31:06 AM

You are gambled, and you lost.
Now what you want ?

He wants to join the Mt.Gox Multi-plaintiff Suit
FYI: The Mt.Gox Multi-plaintiff Suit is the subject of this thread. 

psilos

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:00:21 AM

Hi guys,

has anyone singed for the claim with Selachii LLP law company?

In the attached letter several legal terms and procedures are mentioned which I am not familiar with.

Also did you check the latest anouncement of MtGox?

"...Rehabilitation claims under a civil rehabilitation procedure become confirmed from a filing which is followed by an investigation procedure. The method for filing claims will be published on this site as soon as we will be in situation to announce it."

Can anyone with deeper knowledge on legal issues explain what this practically mean? Will at some point MtGox allow filing claims for the loss BTC and deposits? If that s case is there really an added value to join a lawsuit against Mtgox?

Any feedback is appreciated
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:21:45 AM

I never supported MtGox
Yes, you did:

I can fully understand the frustration of people who can't get to their money.  Claiming they don't have the BTC, and asking for total irresponsible behaviour to "prove" they have the BTC, is 100% idiocy.
Still true.  I think it was irresponsible to put the recovered 200k BTC into their shuffling system as well, knowing about at least two security breaches.  This is common sense, not a statement of support.

We all know that this technical glitch has all the signs of a technical glitch, and absolutely no signs of MtGox being out of BTC.  In fact they filled up their hot wallet several times during last week, as you could see by withdrawals suddenly working well for a short while, using very old inputs, until they started failing because the old spent inputs came back on top of the list (sorted by age).  I took the opportunity to withdraw just after refill, and got myself a new round of profit by buying MtGox BTC at a discount with BTC I withdrew from MtGox.  You will know they are going to refill within 2 hours of withdrawals to external addresses starting to fail with "invalid address".  (Withdrawal to MtGox deposit addresses still work when the hot wallet is empty.)

You are obviously not a technical or scientific person.  You rely on belief and rumour instead of facts and logic.  I am a technical person.  I dig into the real matters, investigating what holds water and what is just empty rumours.  That's why I am right every time.
Do you think the loss was caused by other reasons than a technical glitch?  They are not out of BTC, and the full story isn't out yet.  I have reason to believe that only about 1300 BTC were lost due to the malleability bug, and I am looking forward to the results of the investigations going on.  Note that the devs tend to agree on the signs.  Most of them had large amounts of BTC on MtGox themselves, which I'm sure they wouldn't if they had reasons to believe the issue was serious.

Anyway, this is completely off-topic here.  Please send a PM if you have any further questions.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:41:31 AM

I expect more and more legal actions soon. I actually expect there are ones not even mention on this forum.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: