Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.1% guys hold 50% Bitcoins, that's too CENTRALIZED!  (Read 16725 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 04:42:15 AM

I've been "bullied" all throughout my early school life although I've chosen to not take it as such. I've been called faggot on a daily basis, ostracized in the name of my differences and even had a basketball thrown into my nuts on a weekly basis. However, I chose to realize that there is more to value than how people viewed me albeit suffering horrible depression and suicidal thoughts throughout most of these years.

I don't know what I want to ask more, why in the f were people calling you a faggot, or what kind of f'ed up situation were you in that allowed weekly nut shots?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 04:49:22 AM

Atlas' Guide to Slavery

Things that promote slavery:

equality
a modest tax to fund the things you use every day

Things that promote freedom:

wage slavery
debt slavery
openly advocating for the Confederate States of America

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 04:56:17 AM

I've been "bullied" all throughout my early school life although I've chosen to not take it as such. I've been called faggot on a daily basis, ostracized in the name of my differences and even had a basketball thrown into my nuts on a weekly basis. However, I chose to realize that there is more to value than how people viewed me albeit suffering horrible depression and suicidal thoughts throughout most of these years.

I don't know what I want to ask more, why in the f were people calling you a faggot, or what kind of f'ed up situation were you in that allowed weekly nut shots?

This type of bullying doesn't take much, just being a little different and kids will say whatever they can think of as long as they know it hurts.  A lot of American high schools are like Lord of the Flies and any retaliation for bullying is likely to leave the victim just as punished as the perpetrator, and teachers can't see everything.  If you haven't had to deal with any of this a lot of people really envy you.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 04:58:08 AM

Atlas' Guide to Slavery

Things that promote slavery:

equality
a modest tax to fund the things you use every day

Things that promote freedom:

wage slavery
debt slavery
openly advocating for the Confederate States of America

I'm not equal if I am forced to pay more for the same stuff as someone else (higher tax rates). I am also not equal if I am runnin g a business honestly, and am forced to compete with a business that is buddies with politicians and gets subsidies, just because it "helps the common man."

You are free to change work, or not work at all.
You are to borrow or not to borrow. Don't want debt, save and don't buy junk.

And i'm not touching that last one with a ten foot pole.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 05:00:39 AM

This type of bullying doesn't take much, just being a little different and kids will say whatever they can think of as long as they know it hurts.  A lot of American high schools are like Lord of the Flies and any retaliation for bullying is likely to leave the victim just as punished as the perpetrator, and teachers can't see everything.  If you haven't had to deal with any of this a lot of people really envy you.

Oh, I was a total need fag, so I got plenty of that. atlass just doesn't strike me as a faggot type, and the basketball to the nuts just seems like something that would have to happen in a rather specific situation(weekly gym class with very dedicated bullies?)
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:05:23 AM

I'm not equal if I am forced to pay more for the same stuff as someone else (higher tax rates). I am also not equal if I am runnin g a business honestly, and am forced to compete with a business that is buddies with politicians and gets subsidies, just because it "helps the common man."

Which kind of inequality is worse for humanity? You being slightly less able to afford every single luxury you want, or millions of people dying of starvation and preventable illness?

See, this is why people call libertarians greedy sociopaths.

atlass just doesn't strike me as a faggot type

In small-town Texas, a "faggot type" is also known as "a guy who reads books even when nobody forces him to".

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 05:16:15 AM

Which kind of inequality is worse for humanity? You being slightly less able to afford every single luxury you want, or millions of people dying of starvation and preventable illness?

They are the same thing, because if I don't buy the luxuries, the poor people in Africa won't have the job of mining for the materials the luxury is made of, the poor people in China won't have the job to put the luxury together, and the poor people in India won't have the job to provide support for the luxury, and then all those poor people without jobs will starve, get sick, and die. Luxuries are still made by people who get paid for them, and usually the more expensive the luxury, the more people ended up getting paid in the process of its creation.

atlass just doesn't strike me as a faggot type

In small-town Texas, a "faggot type" is also known as "a guy who reads books even when nobody forces him to".

Oh yeah...
Rarity

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:18:16 AM

Go work in an African diamond mine.  Just because someone needs to buy the luxuries doesn't mean you have to.  

The truth is, with starving people in the world or people without sanitation or healthcare or roads or electricity or education we could provide jobs for people without producing luxuries.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 05:27:16 AM

Luxuries are still made by people who get paid for them, and usually the more expensive the luxury, the more people ended up getting paid in the process of its creation.

Seriously? Some of the most valuable resources in the world are being mined by literal slaves at gunpoint.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 05:32:38 AM

Luxuries are still made by people who get paid for them, and usually the more expensive the luxury, the more people ended up getting paid in the process of its creation.

Seriously? Some of the most valuable resources in the world are being mined by literal slaves at gunpoint.

I was mainly referring to mining for yachts in the Barbedos, but even flat screen TVs can be considered luxury items.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 01:07:50 PM

Again, companies which hire based on anything but productive performance will be out competed in a free market system. Take two firms, if one of them promotes based on "caste" and the other based on skills, who would you rather bet on? Such bets occur in the equity markets, and companies who make poor decisions will find their share price falling, impoverishing the shareholders until they correct their course.
The one that hires based on "caste", because it's the only rational decision - even though this has nothing to do with actual skills, and even though it'll lead to worse corporate decisions overall.

Pretty much all companies right now are run by members of the CEO caste, which means that if you invest in one that isn't you're taking on an extra risk - because there's basically no other companies like it, it's hard to assess the risk that it might fail. Sure, it's possible that the people running it really are as good as they say - but it's also possible they're missing out on something critical that the CEO caste know. What's more, anyone else investing or offering them loans or doing business from them has to take on the same risk, which means that they'll be less willing to do business with the non-CEO-caste firm, which in turn makes it a lot more likely to fail, which then confirms the wisdom of not investing in or doing business with firms not run by members of the CEO caste.

That's before you take into account the fact that, since the other firms it does business with and the banks it gets loans from and the companies giving advice on what investments to make are run by members of the CEO caste too, it's in their interests to favour firms run by their friends and disfavour ones that aren't.

Basically, even if you have a better way of telling how well-run a firm is than whether its directors are members of the right caste, it's usually in your best interests to ignore that information because everyone else makes decisions based on whether they're "CEO material" and that itself affects your investment. (There's a related problem with women being systematically excluded from the boardroom.)

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Anonymous

October 14, 2011, 02:15:15 PM

The caste system is a cultural problem. If even these religious dupes left their home country, they would still subject themselves to the same superstitious bullshit. It's going to take generations of reeducation to fix this. Fortunately, India is becoming a bit more secular thanks to work coming from overseas.
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 02:33:43 PM

The caste system is a cultural problem. If even these religious dupes left their home country, they would still subject themselves to the same superstitious bullshit. It's going to take generations of reeducation to fix this. Fortunately, India is becoming a bit more secular thanks to work coming from overseas.

https://i.imgur.com/6uJUR.jpg
Anonymous

October 14, 2011, 02:36:47 PM

I see nothing wrong here. These people are well-fed, hydrated and have shelter and now -- by their voluntary consent -- they are working?
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 02:39:34 PM

Yes? What would those people be doing in the absence of that building, that capital?
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 02:49:21 PM

https://i.imgur.com/6uJUR.jpg
I see nothing wrong here. These people are well-fed, hydrated and have shelter and now -- by their voluntary consent -- they are working?

Firstly, you are assuming that they are well fed - you might want to watch a few documentaries about sweat shops.

You have been talking about the Industrial Revolution lately, and if you had truly studied it, you would have realised that unregulated/poorly regulated working environments mean that an elite get to control the masses. In many 3rd world factories, workers are provided with accommodation by the company, and the prices taken out of their wages. Food is also often provided in this way, as are transport from the workers compounds to the factories. All of the costs are at huge mark-up, and it is very hard to save any money at all. The workers soon become trapped. You could call them slaves if you will.

It's just like the industrialists of the 18th and 19th century. Some paid their mill workers in tokens which could only be redeemed at the mill shops. Those shops were 3x more expensive than elsewhere.

But whatever, free market and all that.
Anonymous

October 14, 2011, 02:50:54 PM

They can leave at any time. It's only due to delusions and ignorance that these people subject themselves to something that is not in their best interest. Who are we to decide what is?
Anonymous

October 14, 2011, 02:53:08 PM

Yes? What would those people be doing in the absence of that building, that capital?

They would be digging through dumpsters along with feeding and sheltering their children in a moldy cardboard box. Oh, but there wouldn't be an evil capitalist making profit so that makes everything better.
Rarity

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 03:38:21 PM

How can it be voluntary consent when they are forced into this position by the Central Banking world hegemony?

BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 03:45:49 PM

How can it be voluntary consent when they are forced into this position by the Central Banking world hegemony?

Because at the end of the day, they choose it over their other options, like subsistence living. That there are fewer other options is not the fault of the factory owner, but as you said, the governments which control the supply of money.

Though you do raise a good point, "voluntary consent" is not perhaps the best phrase. At the same time, from that perspective, nobody voluntarily consents to anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: