Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:20:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am buying bitcoins - and why I am keeping them.  (Read 43075 times)
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 08:24:05 PM

This only shows that Bitcoin is the wisest way to store assets. You have all the control over funds, this is why there is no reason not to buy and hold it. I personally buy and hold because of the same reason you've stated above, it's gives us the freedom from any third trusted party and intervention of anyone even the closest one. Just make sure that when holding, coins are stored in place where you have the full control over private key like Hodler wallet and not wallet exchanges for better safety.
Me too, I am holding and I am buying bitcoin because till now in market of crypto currency I have never seen any other coin worthy and profitable more than bitcoin, ETh is also good but it is always my second option so bitcoin for me is more worthy and more profitable than ETH, for me bitcoin has good potential to surpass any other investment.
You are doing really well, it is good to hold and to use bitcoin is good for us to make money and to secure yourself regarding future, bitcoin is best coin to hold as long as we want, being a bitcoin user I never change my thoughts, I would suggest you not to divide your money, just buy some bitcoin and hold with patience for long time, it’s really good investment.

Holding is the only way to make money when the market is at bearish we will have to buy more but selling is not good as you have told before, as you are determined I am sure you will not lose your confidence. Right now we are at good space where price is not high we can buy at low price but price is surely gonna high very soon, so better keep holding.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:16:32 AM

Buying Bitcoin is now one of the lucrative investment aside the other benefits it gives to its users. Just a few days i advised a friend to buy some Bitcoin because the price $3.9K. It's not up to a week yet the price of Bitcoin is now $4.9K which is more than $1k profit for him. Aside this, users get the opportunity to buy goods and services at low transaction cost, high transaction speed, user control of transactions etc.
idham29

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:11:18 AM

The aim is to invest part of our wealth into Bitcoin. Suppose we plant trees and wait for them to bear fruit, that's when we will reap the rewards of what we plant, meaning we will benefit in the future from what we invest now, because the value of Bitcoin will continue to move towards a better one.
Buying bitcoin is an investment with the aim of making as much profit as possible. All bitcoin owners will think the same way, the difference is that there are bitcoin owners who trade on the bitcoin market for daily or HODL for the long term. All of that is a choice.
Because the bitcoin trade is very dynamic, not everyone has a strong and easily emotional mentality, eventually losing. But there are also those who are very smart so they get a lot of profits. For those who want passive income, of course save it until the price rises as desired.

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 01:45:02 PM

Everyone Buying Bitcoin For Future Establishment. Becouse Bitcoin will reign future economy. Including me everyone Buying and keeping Bitcoin for bright future and remove economic crises.   
more precisely its not reign the economy but facilitating transactions for economic purposes, be careful that bitcoin is not designed to reign but to help all people who have difficulty putting money because taxation and shipping are subject to high taxes on people. the future of bitcoin is more reliable than any investment

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 01:24:05 PM

I always try to purchase Bitcoin to get a good profit for the future. Bitcoin is seen to be growing very quickly this April and of course this is a good courtesy news. If you purchase a few coins and store it for a few years Then it will help you to be rich. in fact bitcoin and one of them.
the goal of each person is different in buying bitcoin, but the goal is of course an advantage. some people buy bitcoin to take advantage of their functions. but, some people use it to get big profits by holding back in the long run.

Thats a fact  .  what op have said will not always be applicable to anyone because not all have the same goals    . some are buying bitcoin because they will be using it for paying or buying . some buy and holds bitcoin as an investment tool and they will insist to hodl for a long time while some only hodling for a shorter time  ( e.g doing trades    )  

I am not buying bitcoins but im only working to earn bitcoins and i dont hodl them . i prefer to sell them so that i can secure their value and then i will save the cash for future use .
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:35:58 AM

I don’t need to ask permission to spend them
Secondly, I like the fact that bitcoin is “permission-less”.   I won’t ever have to ask permission to spend or use my bitcoins - not that I plan to use them. Everything else I own (in the form of financial assets) is in the hands of a bank or a custodian.  I can’t spend my money without permission from my bank or credit card company.  

Bitcoin can’t be “frozen”
If a business deal goes wrong, if someone sues me, if a future wife divorces me and says “I get everything”, if I am friends with a sanctioned political leader - because you survive by being on the side of those in power, - if, if, if, if....... so many things might go wrong.  I could wake up one morning, and find my bank accounts frozen, and my credit cards don’t work.   They can’t ever freeze my bitcoin.   The code is in my head.

well, when it comes to some extraordinary exchanges and your trading with them it could be quite inconvenient.
especially when it comes to withdrawal - if exchange doesn't like your trading - then they can put some limits for your withdrawal, put restrictions.
I faced such situations several times and it really makes a mess.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 12:50:55 PM

If you are interest on cryptocurrency then you have to buy bitcoins for trading, betting, mining, gambling etc. At this time bitcoin is the most valuable & trusted currency to all. All the gambling, mining, trading sites are allow bitcoin & bitcoin is their first priority in all crypto. Bitcoin now capture the all the market places where you go for you must face to bitcoin in this place. That's you buying bitcoin and keeping this.

Every crypto trader has desire to buy and hold bitcoin. Bitcoin can't give us profit if we not hold it, Without holding bitcoin is just a coin, Bitcoin is unique because of its high value, and that's why every internet trader who trading with crypto currency definitely he has bitcoin.
And about myself, i also have bitcoins because i think bitcoin will be gone in highest price and that's why i hold it for my bright future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:17:50 PM

Bitcoins is a very valuable digital coin in crypto world with a bright future,so why not buy bitcoin? If you have bitcoin ,you have money out of a bank. You have a full control with your bitcoin. You can use it and keep it by yourself. You have a full freedom what you want to do with it. Also in terms of making transactions,it's a hassle free. Also at this moment adoption of cryptocurrency keep increasing. There is no reason why not keep on buying bitcoins. It is the best investment.

Please keep in mind that any investment is risk.
You can't predict what may happen with bitcoin in the future.
It can be good investment but also it can be bad investment.
In my opinion, it's better to earn bitcoin in a free way or for paid work, like programing, translation etc.
In such way, you can keep bitcoin without risk to loose your own money.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:04:00 AM

My own Bitcoin is also a good and safe way to save my assets, and that is also a good way to make a profit, because the price of bitcoin in the future will also be higher than the price in 2019
There are no rules that require bitcoin to be on HODL, because the purpose of buying bitcoin is different, some people buy it for trade, investment or payment transactions. So, everything is the willingness of the bitcoin owner.
Indeed, bitcoin on HODL and waiting for prices to rise is one good investment technique, but it's less challenging than the traded bitcoin. Because bitcoin trading is one of the circuits of money that happens 24 hours without stopping, so there is no limit when to start or when it will end.

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:11:10 PM

If a business deal goes wrong, if someone sues me, if a future wife divorces me and says “I get everything”, if I am friends with a sanctioned political leader - because you survive by being on the side of those in power, - if, if, if, if....... so many things might go wrong.  I could wake up one morning, and find my bank accounts frozen, and my credit cards don’t work.   They can’t ever freeze my bitcoin.   The code is in my head.

This is what I call financial freedom. Bitcoin provides financial freedom to anyone no matter where you find yourself in this world. If people really understand this financial freedom, they will not hesitate to join the bitcoin ecosystem and quickly adopt this system in their financial businesses and transactions. There are no limitation  in the bitcoin space, you decide the amount of funds you want to send at any point in time.
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:27:17 PM

Good thought there.

Sincerely, for me, it is the opportunity to be part of this revolution.
Not everyone will get to own it. Though what i have now is small. I'm more into other blockchains but i have decided not to go lower in my BTC holdings.
I can only hold more.

Surely, it'd yield more value but i would have money from other sources. it is not my retirement plan.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:40:43 PM

This is what I call financial freedom. Bitcoin provides financial freedom to anyone no matter where you find yourself in this world. If people really understand this financial freedom, they will not hesitate to join the bitcoin ecosystem and quickly adopt this system in their financial businesses and transactions. There are no limitation  in the bitcoin space, you decide the amount of funds you want to send at any point in time.
The only thing in here is the reality that most of the people pre-judge a technology without knowing it, even in my country Bitcoin isn't illegal to use and the central bank approves the use of this technology but most of the people in here believe that Bitcoin is a form of pyramiding scam or networking scam which is a total nonsense and I don't know where the heck the got those kinds of ideas about Bitcoin without knowing the technology and its use and benefits. Financial freedom is definitely a privilege at this moment of time and we are lucky enough to be the ones that are enjoying it. Cool
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:49:15 PM

Thats a fact  .  what op have said will not always be applicable to anyone because not all have the same goals    . some are buying bitcoin because they will be using it for paying or buying . some buy and holds bitcoin as an investment tool and they will insist to hodl for a long time while some only hodling for a shorter time  ( e.g doing trades    )  

I am not buying bitcoins but im only working to earn bitcoins and i dont hodl them . i prefer to sell them so that i can secure their value and then i will save the cash for future use .

Yeah it's a matter of personal preference and there's a lot of possibilities. I'm personally earning and holding some while spending when i really have to, otherwise i don't.

In the future i do want to invest exclusively in it and if i can earn it or earn good money and buy it it's the same for me. But if the choice comes earning it would probably support it since more people on the company/organization would see someone who is getting their payment using it and that would make them think, even a bit.

I don't think that i will ever do trades. I don't like them. I'm here because i believe in the possibilities of the technology for the future and all the useful things that can be done/implemented from it.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:33:36 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 09:08:18 PM by eaLiTy

Bitcoin is a future currency so we should get ready for future, it could happen in future that bitcoin beat gold.
So that's why we should buy and hold few Bitcoins for better future otherwise Bitcoin price is very down than ATH.
On the other hand there is no restriction for using bitcoin, pay in bitcoin and buy in bitcoin. Bitcoin adopted by many companies. 
It is good to be ready for the future but beating gold when it comes to global investment platform is a dream as gold is being used for thousands of years, considering the price of bitcoin, it is low at the moment and the possibility is really high to earn good profit, having said that the restrictions are there when it comes to merchant adoption and in the future we will be able to pay using bitcoin for our daily needs.
long term investors will earn more than short term investors and if all the prediction are true the price of bitcoin could cross $ 100000 USD in the near future. Wink
jt101jt101

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 05:52:15 AM

what happen if i want to buy a house, a car or any high value assets and buyer doesn't accept BTC? what good is BTC? and futhermore it is not even private. When you sign your name on any agreement that would link your BTC address to whatever stuff you spend or receive in the past (as in traceable). IMHO cash is even more private than BTC it can't be traced that is the reason why drug trade uses cash most of the time. Any one can answer this?  Wink

don't get me wrong i like how BTC works borderless and without permission from any gov or banks
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:45:46 PM

what happen if i want to buy a house, a car or any high value assets and buyer doesn't accept BTC? what good is BTC? and futhermore it is not even private. When you sign your name on any agreement that would link your BTC address to whatever stuff you spend or receive in the past (as in traceable). IMHO cash is even more private than BTC it can't be traced that is the reason why drug trade uses cash most of the time. Any one can answer this?  Wink

don't get me wrong i like how BTC works borderless and without permission from any gov or banks
It is obvious that if at any moment you decide to link your identity to a bitcoin address you're going to reveal the full history of transactions of that address and what you have done with your money, however even if bitcoin is not as anonymous as cash it is still way better than any bank account so to me it is an improvement over the current system, now if you care so much about your privacy then you need to use coins which have as its greatest characteristic the anonymity that they provide.

I love bitcoin as well but there is nothing wrong with pointing out the weaknesses that it has since the only way to improve bitcoin over the long term is to address those shortcomings.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████