Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:29:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good idea to sell tokens after listing on exchange?  (Read 2652 times)
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:49:53 PM

Well it depends on the project really
If you see the program of the project and you clearly understand that the price of this project will rise - whyyou have to sell it right now?
Hold and have profit in future
In case of short live projects, just sell them

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:27:55 PM

This is a common mentality of the bounty participants because the fall in exchange rates after the distribution is due to the simultaneous sale of Token. So if you wait, you should sell the Token for about a month after the distribution is much better. The exchange rate will be much higher than the Token distribution time.

Hairynipples

Activity: 362
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:05:11 AM

It really depends on whether or not you believe the project has a future, there'll always be a proportion of bounty/Airdrop recipients and ICO investors who dump as soon as a token is listed.
My yoriyori

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:28:18 AM

Many time it is very good to sell token after listed because there is always be a pump when listed and price will be gradually going down after sometime.
Muhammedayo

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:09:57 AM

This strategy of selling at the first pump on exchange is absolutely true. Simpy sell and buy back at a lower price ( if it's an utility coin )
See the likes of PundiX , Storiqa etc.

If it's all these Airdrop with no utility, sell at any pump ands never buy back because after the pump , it has already caught death.
dragontigear

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

Hello, everyone!
I want to hear the opinions of traders. Is it a good idea to sell tokens immediately after launching on the exchange so that later, when the price falls, will they be purchased again? Always after the listing on the stock exchange price falls?

Yes, for now the best thing to do is to sell directly once the coins is listed on the exchange becasue mostly investors are selling their coins after it is listed thats the reason why the market value is falling.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:06:07 AM

I think, to sell tokens after being in the exchanger is dependent on the current market price, if you need money and the price is high then it does not matter if you want to sell
AlexKr

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:19:36 PM

Here we must look at the project itself. Some of the tokens must be sold immediately, and some of them are hold.
loveblack
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:39:06 PM

it depends on what token it is. You'd better watch it for a short while, when it's just on the market. some tokens will have strong promotions when they are on the market. the price of the coin will rise ,  the bounty hunter will not sell the token immediately.
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:39:39 PM

many bounty hunters sell tokens immediately upon entry on the list of exchangers, but I do not blame them for maybe they need money and there are some tokens that have a price down after there in exchange, so they immediately sell tokens
Spellwing

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:22:41 PM

The price of coins is very unpredictable. After entering the exchange, there is both growth and a fall in prices. If everything goes according to your plan, then this is a good idea
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Hello, everyone!
I want to hear the opinions of traders. Is it a good idea to sell tokens immediately after launching on the exchange so that later, when the price falls, will they be purchased again? Always after the listing on the stock exchange price falls?
It depends how did you get your tokens.

For bounty hunters it is good to sell because most of them have goal to cash out. My goal is to exchange tokens for bitcoins.

For investors goal is to hold long and risk, if project become big their investment will also rise. For early, pre ico investors, goal is to sell because they usually have bonus tokens so they will earn if they sell first.
skovbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Hello, everyone!

Yes, for now the best thing to do is to sell directly once the coins is listed on the exchange becasue mostly investors are selling their coins after it is listed thats the reason why the market value is falling.
To be honest, and I think so. Because earlier I kept tokens in my purse and after they entered the stock exchange their price was growing. Now there is a completely different trend: as soon as the token goes to the exchange - the price falls
mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:14:55 PM

Selling the Token right after being listed on the exchange floors is a right decision, as the Token rates are falling, it is hard to recover. Therefore, when participating in the bounty, you should sell the whole Token if possible immediately after the payment or Token that is listed on the exchange floors.
Heart18

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:32:18 PM

Hello, everyone!

No. I already tried that before when i received my first token rewards because of excitement i sell it immediately without knowing the result. So,it sold out immediately for only $1000 but after a few days i monitor the token price increasing and always keep increasing after a month if i didn't sell my tokens immediately I gain $20,000 from it. Very regretful. That's why i learned from my mistake,don't sell your tokens immediately specially if the tokens has a potential to grow.
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 12:08:04 AM

Selling coins immediately it's listed on exchange  is like a two edge sword,  it might be a good idea and might also be a bad idea.  The coins you are holding does it have  a real life value?  That's one question you should ask yourself.  Are the project developers serious minded some lazy scammers?  When you   give answers to these questions  you will be able to decide whether to dump the coins after ico, or to hold for the price  of the coin to go appreciate.

There are some projects you see the real life value and  will one to hold  yes you can  make 100+% in a short while.
So always do your research before deciding.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Teamconner

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:18:54 AM

My observation is the token after listing have enough value to sell and thats why dumpers are attacking and selling. And after that the price value of the coins were slowly getting down. I think we have to give it a chance to make the coin stronger first before we sell.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 01:49:45 AM

If exchange already exists, it means that you are free to sell the tokens when you need money. Usually when the new market entry price will definitely decline because the bounty hunter usually a lot off his token. If you don't need funds fast, please hold on first
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:00:19 AM

If exchange already exists, it means that you are free to sell the tokens when you need money. Usually when the new market entry price will definitely decline because the bounty hunter usually a lot off his token. If you don't need funds fast, please hold on first
Definitely right, depends on your needs if you can wait then it is much better only if the project have real usage, waiting game can bring much bigger profits after the project start being adopted of more investors, chances is not big with how the market behaves and how new tokens has been supported,
it's all about how will you deal with your patience and understanding or also you can divide it into two parts half after seeing it inside exchange and the other half for investment.
maxinvestor

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:05:59 AM

actually the token that will have an immediate usage would likely make it after being put in exchange because it being used like token of exchangers most of them are valuable because they talk for the exchanger itself and it's being used as service or bonuses or something not idle that's the main problem for most tokens nowadays
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: