Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:57:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good idea to sell tokens after listing on exchange?  (Read 2655 times)
ekim88

Activity: 355
Merit: 27

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:55:50 AM

It depends on what tokens. It depends on what tokens. If the project is authoritative, then you need to hold them. And if the average, it is better to sell at the price of ICO.
Ehrakeziah

Activity: 217
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

For me,that's not a good idea to sell immediately a tokens right after listed in exchange. It is usually contributing to the dumps. Maybe,some people who did like this,are those who have not yet enough knowledge on the real value of their tokens on the right time of selling.
IGWE423

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:05:07 AM

It depends in your risk tolerance but ever since this year, the price falls drastically after it is listed because many dump immediately. What I do most times if think the coin is a good project is to buy more and hodl when listed. But if you don't believe in the project, it's better to sell off half, and buy back when the price goes down if need be.
Bhosted

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:44:56 PM

Basically you like a bounty hunter do not have another choice, because most sells and the price begins to fall sharply. Of course you can hold, but nthere are a few chances that you will have a profit.
engesi

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:07:46 PM

I think most investors who buy tokens from ICO will not choose to sell these tokens immediately, and bounty hunters may do so!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
sell my ac_________nt

Activity: 448
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:17:25 PM

I always sell half of the coins after going public, if the project does not collect all the necessary funds. If the project quickly raised the entire amount of money, I prefer to store as in this case, the price can grow.
skovbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

Hey man is the best idea, really! Because if token listed on the exchange, after that the price go down! And then it grows only after 4 months
Obligations123

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:51:14 PM

The best thing is to hold a token after listing in an exchange. Price normally drop after the listing in exchange but after some months the price increases
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:30:22 PM

Hello, everyone!
I want to hear the opinions of traders. Is it a good idea to sell tokens immediately after launching on the exchange so that later, when the price falls, will they be purchased again? Always after the listing on the stock exchange price falls?

It depends upon the situation if you think the token you have has a great potential to rise then hold it for a while but if you truly think that it is much better to sell it because possibly its price will soon get low...  Then sell it after all we are the one who will make a decision and we will handle the token we have... Our profit depends to us....
smartsan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:39:19 PM

Hello, everyone!
I want to hear the opinions of traders. Is it a good idea to sell tokens immediately after launching on the exchange so that later, when the price falls, will they be purchased again? Always after the listing on the stock exchange price falls?
It is based on the current trends happening in the market and based on that you choose either sell or hold.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:38:18 PM

What if the token that you sell will not decrease so you lose the opportunity to earn more money and the price increase but it depends to the token because they have token are good to sell but better to don't sell all half only is good incase the price pump you still have token and you can get more profit too. Maybe selling token and wait price to dump and purchase again is good but not always works.
bheem0

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:54:02 PM

I think it depends on you. Depending also on how you assess the project and its team. Sometimes projects won't really go down that would probably deprive you from re buying low. But it really depends on you. Just stick to your plans in my opinion.
osbal

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 03:59:16 PM

if you trust in the project I recommend retaining 1/3 or 1/2 of the tokens, if it is not reliable to sell 100%, in the same way all the prices of altcoins are directly proportional of the father BTC.  Grin
TraiKH

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:08:35 PM

Hello, everyone!
In my opinion, you should rely on the situation, market trends to build plans or convert them effectively. If an ICO project is really successful, you should keep it until the product is complete. If you have commercial experience, try to develop that capacity.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:09:13 PM

I think most investors who buy tokens from ICO will not choose to sell these tokens immediately, and bounty hunters may do so!
True, sometimes holding tokens if project is just very good and it has some plans what to do in future is better cause their price could pump after listing on exchange.

pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:07:07 PM

If we are talking about 2017 borned projects my answer is YES. If u need money u should better sell it in a day after good exchange release.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Fabreshayor

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:01:34 PM

Well it depends on your projections for the coin. Although most coins suffer a drop in price after listing, the reverse is usually the case for some others (albeit few). My opinion is that you should research the project before making any decisions. This way, your decision will be an informed one. You should hold if the project is very good and promising, otherwise, you can sell. 
gabchuks
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:39:54 PM

well this is a 2way thing. there are times prices dont go down after listing and there are times it does. it all depends on the project. if there was too many giveaways, then there could be possibilities of price dropping as many of them want to sell off. so in this situation, it could be better to sell and wait for price to drop to buy more
Rainbow009

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:43:12 PM

You sell your assets when you have acquired your target profit level.
Be it as soon as it hits the exchange or 1 year later.
You set your target relative to the potential you recognize in the currency, so it probably wouldn't hit it as soon as it goes on exchange.
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

It depend on which token you're holding Smiley. Each token has it own potential so depend on each token potential we will have different decisions Smiley. But at the moment when market is falling, I think the best option is selling right after listing because it's the time when token has highest price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: