Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when cryptocurrencies can be used to buy basic needs?  (Read 2787 times)
okaypool

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

I think it will be available in the near future. Some online shops are already testing such ways of paying for goods or their services. Therefore, I think this is a matter of time, and everything will be. Soon we will be able to use the crypt for its direct purpose, and not just as a way of earning.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

A lot of projects are going on blockchain and new cryptocurrencies are being launched day by day but when can we actually see  them floating in real market for real use cases like buying a cigarette or bread? is it possible?
I think we are just one company away from that. If a company that starts some cards like psn store cards or itunes cards that is tied to bitcoin but in fiat currency than we will have huge ways to actually buy $5 worth of bitcoin from some card in some grocery store anywhere around the globe. Those companies can charge some commissions from the sales and in the end it will come as a really expensive way to buy bitcoin because of all the costs involved however look at the ease of buying bitcoin which will be basically selling EVERYWHERE in the world as easy as giving 5 dollars and getting 5 dollar worth of bitcoin. As soon as a company does that, you are looking at a mass adoption.
Diego_Davis

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

A lot of projects are going on blockchain and new cryptocurrencies are being launched day by day but when can we actually see  them floating in real market for real use cases like buying a cigarette or bread? is it possible?
I think we are just one company away from that. If a company that starts some cards like psn store cards or itunes cards that is tied to bitcoin but in fiat currency than we will have huge ways to actually buy $5 worth of bitcoin from some card in some grocery store anywhere around the globe. Those companies can charge some commissions from the sales and in the end it will come as a really expensive way to buy bitcoin because of all the costs involved however look at the ease of buying bitcoin which will be basically selling EVERYWHERE in the world as easy as giving 5 dollars and getting 5 dollar worth of bitcoin. As soon as a company does that, you are looking at a mass adoption.
Um, there appears to be multiple options for that in the US, at least. A quick Google search will bring them up. I don't want to advertise any particular site, but here's a list of 7 that apparently sell gift cards: https://www.ccn.com/7-places-buy-gift-cards-bitcoin/. This is definitely a nice option for purchasing things almost directly with bitcoins. It's definitely not the most convenient thing, but a step in the right direction.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:59:04 PM

Still need a long time because it's still not safe and still need time for doing a transaction.
It still need many improvement before it will go global currency for daily needs
doctordidi

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:07:51 PM

I think it takes a very long time for Crypto to be used to buy basic food items (around the world), which means that all countries have legalized krypto. and really crypto is safe to use for its people.
AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:21:36 PM

Well it will be near to possible because our technology is advancing maybe in the near future you can buy some items using bitcoin or the bitcoin or the different cryptocurrency will become tangible who knows, because know there are different utility tokens that can be used in our daily needs, or you can convert them into fiat if you want them to and now i know there are some bitcoin credit cards that can be used in buying some items.
vladaziya4

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:29:12 PM

A great topic for someone who does not know much about it or wants to disassemble it in more detail. I think this is very useful information. Of course, I fully agree with you. There have been no such news for a long time and this is very encouraging. I liked the market during the week.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:31:20 PM

It actually depends if an establishment honors cryprocurrency as payment for goods or services. In some countries, there are stores where you can actually use bitcoin to buy goods and pay for services. This willbe convenient for both consumer and store owners since paying will only be just click away.
akosijue

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:33:52 PM

I know a great deal of projects that have been successful and are being widely used in the real world be it with cryptocurrency or fiat currency. And also ICOs nowadays, especially those that have a working product and guaranteed softcap, have platforms which would be of great use to the realworld, woud like to pint out those that will make cryptocurrency as a form or payment. Many of those projects can be found to ICO benchmarks with ongoing ICOs nearly ending.
frankbeard

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:34:04 PM

There are some spots around me in North America that accept Bitcoin for basic need items.  Yo can basically buy gasoline shop type of stuff.  I'm also able to buy my electronics and other items online with Bitcoin.  It's closer than you may think.  
duongdaiduong

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

It may be accepted on a daily payment ... However, to do this, Crypto takes time. Samsung is at the forefront of accepting payments by crypto. Can see here is the beginning.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:12:31 PM

I don't think that we really need crypto to buy basic things. We still can use cash (visa has 2000 tx per sec, not so bad after all) and use crypto for other online payments to stay private and more secure.

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Sarobeat

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:14:34 PM

Depends on the country. In Japan, as far as I know, the crypto currency is already used for domestic needs. The next such country, I guess, will be China or India. I hope that by 2020 all the leading countries will be able to use the crypto currency without hindrance.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:24:42 PM

Not sure when the crypto will be so deeply adopted that we will be able to purchase perishable items with it, but you can still buy a Amazon gift card with BTC and spend it on food, so indirectly you can already use it to buy the most basic stuff.
waitinglist

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:42:00 PM

well maybe cryptocurrency can we use to buy daily needs if the government has legalized it.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

The problem is that the networks cannot deal with a lot of simultaneous transactions and it takes a lot of time to complete a payment. Also, you never know how much the final fee is going to be. As soon as these problems are solved, crypto will enter our everyday lives.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:56:03 PM

i think it is still a bit early. there are still people that things that bitcoin and other crypto currencies are being used for illegal things only such as buying narcotics or guns etc. i think that when people change their mind they will be more commonly used.
ToddDiaz

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:11:40 AM

While crytocurrency still need time to do all the things that we hope for it to do, there are some outlets that particularly ask to be paid in cryptocurrencies if possible. Not that this is a general thing yet, but some retailers or shop owners would rather prefer that you pay them in either Bitcoin or ethereum, here in my country. So hopefully, crypto will get to that stage soon when it becomes generally acceptable.
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:18:52 AM

After the cryptocurrency returns to its function as a currency, not as a place for investment or trading place. The present situation will not allow it to become real, even to the smallest things as you say buy 'cigarettes and bread' there is no everyone will accept cryptocurrency as a payment system, unless he is a cryptocurrency user.
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:05:56 AM

We can but not too available actually. Hey, the first transaction was for pizza, you know. However, I think it will take a minimum of 5 years to be used as daily currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: