Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password  (Read 496 times)
annasadia

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:39:07 PM

As far as the password is concerned, there is no need to worry so much about it. Your main concern should be the private key number. Do not let it disclose to anyone, not even to your family. Memorize it well.
boolean420

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:42:29 PM

no, save your privatekeys, but do make sure the private keys are definitely fro the account that you have just backuped. look at your coins online and check your private key is REALLY belonging to that address.
Flezy

Activity: 707
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:44:08 PM

The most important is your private key and your wallet address, with this two you can transact freely without issues. Although password was requested for while opening the account but yet, it has been ever requested for during transactions.
jack.anroid

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:52:10 PM

That’s really a bad news at all but be patient.  Get help from experts because they can give you the proper solution.
cryptodreem

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:50:10 PM

The password is needed only for accessing your account. But, if you have your private key secure and you remember your address you can make transactions anytime. But, make sure to store your private key somewhere safe. If you lose it, then nothing can help you. However, the password is only important if you are accessing your wallet through JSON File.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:54:06 PM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.

Private keys are more important. I don't think that you will forgotten your password, password is needed if we will need to log in in our myetherwallet address which I think is also important but the most important in myetherwallet is the private keys because will not able to access your wallet anymore.
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 01:54:48 PM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?

The most important keys that you have to save is the private keys and the public address. In myether wallet the password is not neccessary to transfer your funds or convert your eth to usd and send some eth to ther wallets address. So you don’t have to worry that you forgot your eth wallet it is not neccessary.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

My question is?

First question, whats a myetherwallet password??

Your account, your id, your password, everything is your private key, if you are talking about your JSON file password, till the time you have your private keys there is nothing to worry about, you can redownload JSON file and allocate a password.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:58:24 PM

Condolences with you, now, probably does not have an effective way to solve the lost wallet file pass (if long pass and many special characters)
Be careful next time!
cityhall

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:34:59 PM

I think that password used only to create our private key.  So our private key is made based on our password.

⚡️ LECTRO.io ⚡️
✓ BLOCKCHAIN FOR POWER ✓ Modern Power Grid ✓ Energy Trading Platform ✓ More efficient
angleatild

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:14:35 PM

If you loose your password of mytherwallet,it doesn’t mean you can’t take any more access to your account. Private keys are more important here to get access and exchange rewards.
SweetSin

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:30:23 PM

you are password is very important , even your private key can't help you if you don't have the password,  so it is better to follow the tutorial and recover your password as soon as possible, and remember if you can't protect your password you account will be in trouble
JamescrypTrader

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:35:55 PM

It's not a matter of panic to forget about your EtherWallet password as you have your private keys and Json key. It would be possible for you to transfer and withdraw your coins with the key you have. But I will suggest you contact MyetherWallet support center and try to recover your password ASAP as it will make your account safer. You will not lose control over it. you may also transfer your most of the balance if you can't make it.
Rosyanroid

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:52:47 PM

If you forget you myetherwallet password don't be upset. you can enter your wallet by using private key. Private key is more important so do not share it other.
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 05:00:14 PM

Private key is more important although when you are going to transfer your coins into any exchange you should have to need of private key, especially in MEW private key is more important not password.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:02:08 PM

It's not a matter of panic to forget about your EtherWallet password as you have your private keys and Json key. It would be possible for you to transfer and withdraw your coins with the key you have. But I will suggest you contact MyetherWallet support center and try to recover your password ASAP as it will make your account safer. You will not lose control over it. you may also transfer your most of the balance if you can't make it.

Etherwallet clearly stated  on its T&C that they do not hold your password and will not provide assistance for password recovery. I think MEW is designed that way to absorb the admin of any responsibility for any loses that may occur to MEW users. So, don't waste your time and energy contacting them.
MorningTradeNeo

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:06:45 PM

You can enter your wallet again with your private key. And you can also make normal transactions. Your private key is very important and necessary. Do not share it with anyone for your own sake.
jawatulen

Activity: 398

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:06:57 PM

My question is?

just keep your private key in safe place,,
password is not important in myetherwallet if you still have the private key you will be able to open your mew or sent eth/eth token from your mew
maxim000

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:09:50 PM

My question is?

If you have pvt keys with you there is nothing to worry.

Password becomes important when you lose your pvt key. Then you will need password and Keystore file to unlock your wallet. I would still suggest you to move your funds to some new mew wallet. So, that you can have access to pass as well. There is nothing wrong in having to options to unlock your wallet when your savings are in it.
kingdoi

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:10:14 PM

You can opt out to open your wallet via private keys, but be it noted it is not recommended. Specially when you access a phishing website then you are doomed. It is risky to have it that way. Better yet change it to a hardware wallet now, a lot safer than any other wallets now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: