Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal  (Read 1911 times)
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:10:11 AM

In my country too but  still  there  are lot  of people who is  into crypto  currencies as well in many country and I think it's  only  for  government  who  do not understand  bitcoin. I do believe that  they  will just  regulate  it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:49:45 AM

I don't believe that in Indonesia Bitcoin is banned because the Indonesian's are very well interested in advanced technologies . I have not heard about official rules that Bitcoin is illegal in Indonesia but it is not legalized as a means of payment it is used as an investment as gold so this will not have any impact in Bitcoin in Indonesia . Normally  Indonesia is having a poorly developed economy and it will take time for them to be developed in modern technologies.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:03:17 AM

Till now i have not heard that Bitcoin is banned in Indonesia since Indonesia is very poor in their economic growth I don't believe that Bitcoin will be banned in Indonesia but the people are very much supportive for the modern technologies so I think that Bitcoin will not be illegal for this country..Bitcoin can be kept as an asset like gold is  used as an asset the government entertains the people to spend their fiat currency for any payments.

harley.kitty

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:06:40 AM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?

The Indonesian government through interagency coordination has agreed to address the virtual currency of bitcoin as a currency that has no legal basis and is risky. Prohibition of using bitcoin applies strictly as a transaction or payment system tool, but as an investment instrument is left to the public with a number of records from the government regarding the risks. As long as it is not completely banned in Indonesia, bitcoin can still grow in Indonesia even though the number is currently slumping because bitcoin prices have not improved.
doodle07

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:15:16 AM

There are few countries like Indonesia have not been able to study on how to deal with bitcoin so that bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are not yet legal, but I think and hope that someday they will be able to understand and embrace the use of cryptocurrencies. Yes, it will take a long time for them but what matter most is that when the time comes they are willing to deal with it.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:27:59 AM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?
I think theres still no final decision from the Indonesian government regarding to te regulation of bitcoin. But, as long as i know, the governments only warn the Indonesian people about the risk to jumped in the crypto market. Well, maybe it can be a negative impact for some Indonesian people that already join the crypto market.
Yeah there is no rule of thumb at the moment, the government only says to be careful in using cryptocurency, they just say
that this investment is very risky and all risks are borne by everyone, there is no prohibition written in Indonesia
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:42:26 AM

People are misunderstanding about the legality of bitcoin in Indonesia. The Government said that the Bitcoin or other crypto is not allowed to be used for payment something. But, I am sure that we can be trading it in a crypto market so we can gain such an amount of profit from it (similar to Forex). So, in my opinion as long we trading the bitcoin and another crypto in the crypto market is allowed by the government. That's my thought.
Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:46:13 AM

Yes.until now bitcoin in Indonesia not yet legal by goverment.
But I think soon bitcoin will be legal in Indonesia because day by day bitcoin be more popular and so many people believed in bitcoin.
coldplay3r30

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:58:00 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 04:03:33 PM by coldplay3r30

Unless the Indonesian gov't releases an official statement, anyone can still use bitcoin at their own will, just not to the extent that banks can facilitate bitcoin-related deposits and withdrawals. This is actually a normal reaction from a government that has yet to come up with their definition of the cryptocurrency relating to their constitution. There's still room for reconsideration since the government hasn't released a law yet.

most likely the government wants to protect the rupiah exchange rate so that it does not continue to decline, because it is feared that business people and large-scale buying and selling people will no longer use the rupiah and start switching to bitcoin, and of course a very large influence can occur on the value of the rupiah itself

so that the government still needs time to control the velocity of money in the money market so that they can switch to cryptocurrencies, because of the risk of inflation in the rupiah that cannot be prevented
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:03:02 AM

I think theres still no final decision from the Indonesian government regarding to te regulation of bitcoin. But, as long as i know, the governments only warn the Indonesian people about the risk to jumped in the crypto market. Well, maybe it can be a negative impact for some Indonesian people that already join the crypto market.
Yeah there is no rule of thumb at the moment, the government only says to be careful in using cryptocurency, they just say
that this investment is very risky and all risks are borne by everyone, there is no prohibition written in Indonesia
Reality says that bitcoin is still not available yet in all parts of the world. Its legality depends on countries polices and regulation. However, this does not totally affect its potential and performance to deliver excellently since it's still functional even without other countries. It is not dependent in one country alone. Let's all be hopeful and positive that it will be widely accepted in the future and more will be educated to learn about the technology.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:08:27 AM

Yes, that's is in our UUD 1945 but this regulation is aplies for all other currencies include USD. It is not a problem for bitcoin, indonesian government don't ban bitcoin our government just prohibit any transactions which using other currency, only rupiah that accepted. It seems that government don't have a problem if indonesian citizens use electronic money such as bitcoin, we know that we can use OVO (which is not rupiah) for pay Grab and until now government have no problem with it.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Wajan

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:09:29 AM

bitcoin in Indonesia is still illegal, in Indonesia it has not formalized bitcoin as a material for work, if bitcoin has been officially opened, more and more will work in bitcoin, I hope that bitcoin will be illegal in Indonesia.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:40:03 AM

It wouldn't have big effect impact, Government only want to protect their currency. That is why they don't allow bitcoin as payment. But it is still better, than they make bitcoin illegal like other country already did.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:52:09 AM

in my opinion it is not only the country that prohibits bitcoin from making direct transactions but I have future confidence that bitcoin will be accepted in all countries

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 04:00:33 AM

Some countries still not be able to patronized bitcoin or any crypto currency but it doesn't mean its not allowed its just take a little time for a government or country to adapt it. Here in my country bitcoin is allowed and we grateful about it because it shows that our government embracing bitcoin as it's part of the currency we using right now that we can exchange crypto currency to fiat.

Brangos99

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:11:47 AM

True, bitcoin in the Indonesian state is still illegal. Bitcoin is not a legal transaction / payment tool in Indonesia, because the process of buying and selling transactions in Indonesia uses Rupiah as a legal payment instrument.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:17:13 AM

This is without a doubt, a negative impact to our cryptocurrencies and the whole market because their flow rate decreases. I had heard many reports due to the banning of cryptocurrencies on many countries and this is normal. Normal because the Indonesian government are scared that their rupiah will undergo a deflation.
princehandsome

Activity: 731

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:24:41 AM

I don't think Indonesia can use blockchain technology as a payment tool through Bitcoin. yes it's true in Indonesia Bitcoin is still not legal and hopefully Indonesia can legalize Bitcoin then it will have a positive impact.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:49:23 AM

Countries strongly juggle among themselves the possibility of trading BTC. But this will not change until BTC is officially legalized ...
InboundMercury

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:12:30 PM

There are a lot of countries where bitcoin is not legal but it is not a big deal because though it is not legal they can use it because it run through internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: