Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal  (Read 1911 times)
phanquan5111994

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:40:51 PM

I find it very strange !!!
While in the same country as Southeast Asia like Vietnam, it is allowed to operate Bitcoin and increasingly expanding, stronger !!!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tommisetiyawan

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:49:55 PM

Indonesia has a large number of people who are very interested in crypto currencies, bitcoin is not a legitimate payment method and they think it has no legal protection so they do not allow virtual currencies as local payments. When someone can't use Bitcoin correctly, it will be in vain. Bitcoin was created as a system that has many benefits. What is worth waiting for is how the government responds to the development of Bitcoin. This is very important because when the government participates in providing support, it will be much better for the future of Bitcoin. As far as I know, there is no official attitude from the government regarding bitcoin, but in fact there are many Indonesians who invest in bitcoin, there are even some applications which has been officially released in Playstore and Appstore which provides crypto currency exchange to Indonesian Fiat money and vice versa, and the founder of the application is from Indonesia.
Erul13

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:21:26 PM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?
Not yet, that's not true because there is no official rule that says Bitcoin is illegal. In Indonesia the Government is still awaiting and they are only giving a call that digital currency is a risky thing. for me Indonesia is one country that has a very large number of Bitcoin users, Indonesia has a number of people who are very interested in a technological advance.
indeed, in Indonesia, bitcoin users are very numerous and widespread, but the government is less supportive of the issue of bitcoin. Many people who want to follow up on illegal and legal problems by their government. It is possible that the government is neutral about this.
OutOfTheBox56

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:09:15 PM

This kind of news always make me feel unhappy. May be governments still don't understand crypto thats why they can do this because if they do they never attempt this.
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

bitcoin in Indonesia cannot be called legal or illegal, because there are no written rules about bitcoin in Indonesia.
Indonesia has the 3rd largest population in the world, and quite a lot of crypto users, if the Indonesian government prohibits bitcoin, it certainly affects the price of bitcoin, although it is not significant.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:21:10 PM

So far as indonesia doesn't have a big influence on bitcoin, being legal or illegal doesn't affect anything in bitcoin. Unlike china or russia it's very influential. Illegal bitcoin in indonesia is caused due to government concerns about society because bitcoin is not an agency for investment.

oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:22:07 PM

of course this will have a positive impact because the Indonesian government is very clear to prohibit bitcoin as a digital currency replacing the rupiah and now the existence of the Indonesian community is still not fully aware of bitcoin so that the Indonesian people will still trade and even buy and sell goods with rupiah.
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:37:25 PM

I am an Indonesian native but what is clear is that bitcoin is not banned. but you can have it and use it.
that's what is clear that I can tell you.
katri

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:43:37 PM

I think it's a good indication that government is looking for possibilities of having bitcoin in the country. They put some regulation in order to protect the general public. In my country all trading also is using our local currency.. We are a crypto lover nation even though we got some bad news lately about scam of bitcoin.
uchethiya

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

Actually,some of governments are not legally approved bitcoin in these countries. Indonesian government is also same. But I think there will be no impact at all affect for the bitcoin from that because of still Indonesia is not a country that has a large volume in bitcoin. Therefore there is not affect on bitcoin.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:56:09 PM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?

It's illegal as a payment system but it's legal for owning or investing on bitcoin.
And also there is official exchange from indodax and it has a million active members from indonesia
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:37:14 PM

It's illegal as a payment system but it's legal for owning or investing on bitcoin.
And also there is official exchange from indodax and it has a million active members from indonesia
That's weird in the first place why would they allow to buy and sell bitcoin in their exchange. Maybe governments wants to control them, coz paying bitcoin is like you're out for a taxation.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:36:15 PM

Yes, right. there is no fixed regulation for Bitcoin in Indonesia, that means Bitcoin is legal if it is used as an official payment instrument such as payment of electricity, PDAM, Telkom etc. But this does not mean that Bitcoin cannot be used in Indonesia, you can still use Bitcoin to buy anything on condition that you have to exchange your Bitcoin in rupiah. and the good news is that Bitcoin companies in Indonesia, namely Indodax, have voucher making services, so you can make vouchers with your Bitcoin and make payments with the voucher.
Bitcoin is a digital asset so everyone has the right to own Bitcoin.
zwiggel

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:50:00 PM

Indonesia's Central bank just has to get tough with cash algorithm when recommendations all citizens and legal persons in this country stop trading virtual money. In a text published on 13/1, the Central Bank of Indonesia, commented: "owners of virtual money is very adventurous and brings the essence speculative". According to this text, virtual coins are "tend to form a property bubble and tend to be used as a method for washing money and raising funds for terrorist activities, so it is likely to affect the stability of the system Finance as well as harm to the public. "
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:16:56 AM

as i know that indonesia still dont make a decision about bitcoin, so they still have the neutral status, dont have the approved for bitcoin or decline it, so maybe Indonesia can decide to agree or not

MedicineVNT

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:47:01 AM

The Indonesian government has no move to ban or support Bitcoin transactions in Indonesia. At indoneisa there is a trading platform named bitcoin indoneisa active
JasonRosado

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:14:00 PM

Payment method being illegal and the currency being illegal is completely different things. So, having Bitcoin payment illegal in Indonesia won't affect global market any ways. I don't think Indonesia have a much large BTC community that can create impact on the global market. So, It won't harm BTC's reputation in any way.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:32:53 PM

I hate to say this but are you trying to spread FUD by providing inaccurate information? I don’t think they don’t laid out the axe to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies yet. I think the government has lack of misunderstanding yet about Bitcoin, so they need to be educated for good.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Happy Fun

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:41:24 PM

Yeah bitcoin is not ilegal in the indoneisa or other countries. But, if many people know a bitcoin, papers currency not be used Smiley
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:42:21 PM

I truly think this will have a negative impact unles their government burns some bitcoins. The value of bitcoin itself depends on the circulating supply and its demand. Although there are not so many good news about bitcoin, I still believe it will pump by next week since more exchanges are being developed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: