Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:02:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk - Please act now!  (Read 3021 times)
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

REGULATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:49:05 PM

So basically the reaction are negative, but everybody want to take necessary steps against Mtgox because they know who to blame...they have a name...but scammers of coins, they can continue scamming because nobody knows who they are? So basically what people are saying here is, hurry make a coin, type a nice text around it, ask community money and then run away with there money....

i really hate to say this dude... but its always your own choice to get into a coin or not... on the other hand... i do think some "rules" would be nice... but the thing thats going to happen next will screw us all... devs will post the thread somewhere else... not here... and we'll all be late Wink

If you buy into a premined coin and get scammed, its your own damn fault. Everyone here has already warned you about buying into premines.

exactly! and sometimes you do get a big profit... and sometimes your not... altough its crypto... it still is the real world.. and your "money"... you decide what to do with it... always do your research!
barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:51:45 PM

So basically the reaction are negative, but everybody want to take necessary steps against Mtgox because they know who to blame...they have a name...but scammers of coins, they can continue scamming because nobody knows who they are? So basically what people are saying here is, hurry make a coin, type a nice text around it, ask community money and then run away with there money....

i really hate to say this dude... but its always your own choice to get into a coin or not... on the other hand... i do think some "rules" would be nice... but the thing thats going to happen next will screw us all... devs will post the thread somewhere else... not here... and we'll all be late Wink

INDEED, you're right, they will post it somewhere else, but then you are already warn, why don't they post it here, mmm, check what they need to do, mmm, they don't want to give their name, mmm, smell bad.... and nobody will mine it.

100% correct : IT IS OUR OWN CHOICE TO GET INTO A COIN, no question about that, but adding some rules can help for all parties. For the coin, for the miners, for the investors.

true! BUT! if i were a dev... i would post it somewhere else.... i'm not too fund about revealing my true identity to everyone here... even if you are a true NON scammer dev... there are always people who lost money on your coin... and want to blame you for it... that could actually be dangerous you know... thats the negativ part of not being regulated  Wink
InsanityDev

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

true! BUT! if i were a dev... i would post it somewhere else.... i'm not too fund about revealing my true identity to everyone here... even if your are a true NON scammer dev... there are always people who lost money on your coin... and want to blame you for it... that could actually be dangerous you know... thats the negativ part of not being regulated  Wink

again, common sense, only lodge identity with people you /really/ trust, and who are hopefully neutral.

theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:53:57 PM

I think you've come to the wrong conclusion.  The problem is not the lack of regulation by bitcoinmods, its the incorrectly managed risk by people who put more than they're willing to lose on high risk investments.  NEVER invest more than you're willing to lose, and do your research about what you're investing in.  Turning bitcointalk mods into the SEC will hurt the community much more than help.  Not to mention now you have scammers stealing passports and identification.

Risk is a function of potential earnings vs potential loss.  I think people here were too blinded by the potential earnings to see the potential losses.

#Bitcoin
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:54:15 PM

If you buy into a premined coin and get scammed, its your own damn fault. Everyone here has already warned you about buying into premines.

You can still use your common sense with premines. I got stung once but it was due to me being stupid. It taught me what to look for just like when you buy from Ebay. Regulation means people don't ever grow up.

Even a Premine you can look at the offer, see if they accept Escrow, see if they are asking too much, if the coin they have made seems legit, who's involved etc...What investment doesn't hold some risk?

barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:54:30 PM

true! BUT! if i were a dev... i would post it somewhere else.... i'm not too fund about revealing my true identity to everyone here... even if your are a true NON scammer dev... there are always people who lost money on your coin... and want to blame you for it... that could actually be dangerous you know... thats the negativ part of not being regulated  Wink

again, common sense, only lodge identity with people you /really/ trust, and who are hopefully neutral.

word! Wink
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:01:02 PM

I think you've come to the wrong conclusion.  The problem is not the lack of regulation by bitcoinmods, its the incorrectly managed risk by people who put more than they're willing to lose on high risk investments.  NEVER invest more than you're willing to lose, and do your research about what you're investing in.  Turning bitcointalk mods into the SEC will hurt the community much more than help.  Not to mention now you have scammers stealing passports and identification.

you know, if Bitcoin or any other coin want to be taken seriously by the WHOLE world then you need SEC to control it a little. Of course in real world you also have a lot of fraud companies, but the difference with altcoins and the real world is that the fraud companies are getting punished and get what they wanted, 20 year jail or something like that. Now those (smart) scammers are walking away with $40,000 and nobody can do something about it...

Btw, i'm not dev, and if i would release my own coin then everything will be identified on the first page, my name, what i did, my passport number, everything... as i believe when you play with people money (mining = energy cost = MONEY) then you also need to be serious.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

If someone is going to scam you, they are going to do it - and if it takes sending a copy of a passport to an escrow to get more ready to scam customers -  the cost of a fake passport needs to be priced into the scam!

When did the bitcoin community pick up all these naive idiots who think that rules can't be broken?

the Romans used to say "Caveat emptor" - Let the buyer beware - nothing much has changed in 2000 years!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

how about you noobs stop getting scammed? Jesus. It's all your own fault. That last scam (stackedcoin), getvisacoin scam, etc. All had super shitty logo (hell, that getvisacoin even did a logocontest, 3 ppl participated, and he chose 1 logo that was ugly as hell). Shitty screenshots. NO INFO ABOUT THEM AS A PERSON, NO REPUTATION, NEWBIE MEMBER.

And you all give them tons of BTCs? And then you blame BTC? Come on people what is wrong with you guys. It is ALL YOUR OWN FAULT. And this will continue to happen as long as there are stupid people on this board, and I notice everyday, 90% of this board is FULL OF IT.

Oh and u all cry about woolong? Atleast you could profit like x5 from his ipo, when panda was still up.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:05:56 PM

how about you noobs stop getting scammed? Jesus. It's all your own fault. That last scam (stackedcoin), getvisacoin scam, etc. All had super shitty logo (hell, that getvisacoin even did a logocontest, 3 ppl participated, and he chose 1 logo that was ugly as hell). Shitty screenshots. NO INFO ABOUT THEM AS A PERSON, NO REPUTATION, NEWBIE MEMBER.

And you all give them tons of BTCs? And then you blame BTC? Come on people what is wrong with you guys. It is ALL YOUR OWN FAULT. And this will continue to happen as long as there are stupid people on this board, and I notice everyday, 90% of this board is FULL OF IT.

Unfortunately in a get-rich quick culture far too many people are naive to the idea of competitive markets.

This is exactly what would happen to fiat if you removed all financial regulation.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:09:03 PM

If someone is going to scam you, they are going to do it - and if it takes sending a copy of a passport to an escrow to get more ready to scam customers -  the cost of a fake passport needs to be priced into the scam!

When did the bitcoin community pick up all these naive idiots who think that rules can't be broken?

the Romans used to say "Caveat emptor" - Let the buyer beware - nothing much has changed in 2000 years!

Every rule can be broken, true... but you can make it more difficult. In fact you were stupid to put money in Stackcoin as it was clearly a scam from the beginning, so i didn't lose any money. In fact i'm not buying any pre-mine coin. I only mine coins NO PRE-MINE, NO IPO, as this means that the coin owner need to mine himself with his hardware to earn money, he need to use his electricity to earn money, and he will not waste his own electricity.

blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

I disagree to require them to get ID. Because if they manage to get an Fake ID people will think that they are legit. Bitcointalk will be blamed.

Sample work of a scammer: This is pm to me.

"For 10 BTC I can sell at 0.2 (20%) or 10 Gox coins = 2 BTC. Based on this calculation, 10 non-Gox coins = 50 Gox coins. Is this correct?

Are you sure you need just 10 BTC worth of coins? I have a total of 90. (This is a red flag)

http://imgur.com/a/pXO8b#0

My ID and personal info is shown with my account. (Another red flag)

Pay me a deposit of 2 BTC and I will send 50 Gox coins tonight. When you get the coins, pay me the other 8 coins. (Another red flag)

1A2ySNJZBF2FcBns5j54P398Mauk855rjk

Send me a PM with your Gox address.

Randy"

I told him to use an escrow... then he said this:

"I think we should use escrow then. I'm not comfortable with your stats. We can use escrow. Will be home in about an hour from now. Still at work and can look into this on my home computer."

Then he never responded.

You will see his that he have complete ID in the imgur but he is still a scammer. We just need to increase vigilance and be safe all the time. If it is too risky then there is no opportunity.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:07:54 PM

I agree that something *should* be done, however, the practicality of it is the issue.

I stated in my Scam Trends post that policing these would essentially require a full-time "employee" on the board who would be dedicated solely to verifying coin launches.

I think education of the community may be the best prevention for this issue.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:08:00 PM

nice regulation im sure various world governments would love to do.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:36:01 PM

simple really.... don't trust people that show up 1 day before they launch a coin

If they only heard about this board and are already ready to launch a coin that sounds a bit off.

If you are a longterm member here and want to hide your id behind a different username.... why?

InsanityDev

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:30:40 PM

If you are a longterm member here and want to hide your id behind a different username.... why?

I do, because my normal username is my username for everything I do on the web for the past [many years] including friends and family. If they see I've created a coin, and see it with a million dollar market cap or higher, it'll make for all manner of awkward social occurrences. For the same reason you don't tell people your BTC balance. I've still got people I know to vouch for my real identity though, and can do it at will. In fact I know the developer right above your post, defaced, who made franko, I'm sure I have him on skype infact. But I still don't want everybody knowing my real nick unless I do something stupid, then it's released and my life turns to shit.

theomoplatapus

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:21:14 AM

you know, if Bitcoin or any other coin want to be taken seriously by the WHOLE world then you need SEC to control it a little. Of course in real world you also have a lot of fraud companies, but the difference with altcoins and the real world is that the fraud companies are getting punished and get what they wanted, 20 year jail or something like that.
LOL.  Ok, thats not funny, I'm sorry.  Yes I'm sure the smaller companies and banks which commit fraud do face jail time, but once you're big enough the SEC does NOT put you in jail.  You only pay a fine which you've already calculated will be worth the wrongdoing which you've committed.

But I differ from you a bit philosophically.  I think what will make cryptos break into the mainstream is its lack of regulation and true free market.

#Bitcoin
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:52:09 AM

Both coins had scam written all over them. Everybody was warned, everybody wrote in that PANDA thread. The only problem is the shills used for fud and calling people names.

Everybody here knows who did what. Don't know 'bout Stackcoin , but if you dig you'll find the guy. It's possible.

Caveat venditor!

Kiss
ozzymax

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:04:45 AM

I'm waiting for one of these scammer Devs to get murdered in real life by someone they have scammed by launching their scam on here and then the murderer and the bitcointalk mods both go to jail...hahaha
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: