Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:10:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk - Please act now!  (Read 3021 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:09:00 AM

ipo is bad idea, anyone putting btc in for these types of coins are asking for problems. Let's hope some people learned a hard lesson here and don't fall for it again.

lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:13:08 AM

I just read about Stack, last few pages. there is a possibility to find the bastard. love it when I'm right.

BigNiggaTigga

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:37:10 AM

I agree with this. If your going to release a coin you should tell us who you are and your plans for the coin and what they have to lose etc. I think TAG did this

it might stop cocksuckers like mrlotto/redcoin/topcoin <--- all 1 guy. from releasing multiple shitcoins just to rake in some dough from the communities hard work
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:54:52 AM

Is it possible that some new rules are implemented so that people cannot launch a coin from bitcointalk before they deliver proof who they are:

I would suggest:

1. Passport/ID (copy needs to be send to Bitcointalk)
2. Address (copy of billing address needs to be send to Bitcointalk)

Maybe some more suggestions from the community? We have been scammed by several people, and when people know the name of the coin owner then he will not make any mistakes as they will find him. We are talking here about real money, and miners/investors need some protections. There will be always scammers, but with now rules altcoin business will look much better later on...

Just don't "invest" in IPO / IPCO scams and everyone will be just fine.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:09:41 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 12:24:36 PM by Justin00

*edit* nvm you guys will figure it out Smiley

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:35:57 PM

Is it possible that some new rules are implemented so that people cannot launch a coin from bitcointalk before they deliver proof who they are:

I would suggest:

Maybe some more suggestions from the community? We have been scammed by several people, and when people know the name of the coin owner then he will not make any mistakes as they will find him. We are talking here about real money, and miners/investors need some protections. There will be always scammers, but with now rules altcoin business will look much better later on...

Nooooooo, that is a horrible idea on so many levels. This is a forum, the fact that people can buy/sell things on the forum makes it as much of a financial institution as Craigslist, we ask you to do your own due dilligence, but besides that, its not the forum staff's job to filter people for suitable merchants. If we start doing background checks, we would run into all sorts of legal complications and become liable for scammers that we didn't correctly background check. Not to mention the most fundamentally flawed part, is that we dont want to know, nor do we care who you are. We dont want to know your personal info, we dont want to store your personal info on this site, and we dont want to be held liable for holding your personal info. Trade smart, caveat emptor y venditor, dont get scammed.
UltraPleb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:11:10 PM

Not a good idea, I don't know if many people would be comfortable in uploading their passport.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:00:39 PM

Don't think this will help honestly. And this forum should be free of use. If someone wants to prove their identity they can always use an escrow.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:28:40 PM

I would suggest:

Excellent idea. Why don't you start and put your scans in the thread? Thanks guv.
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:44:14 PM

I agree with this. If your going to release a coin you should tell us who you are and your plans for the coin and what they have to lose etc. I think TAG did this

it might stop cocksuckers like mrlotto/redcoin/topcoin <--- all 1 guy. from releasing multiple shitcoins just to rake in some dough from the communities hard work

you forgot SUN, prolly the same guy.

edit:  Kiss
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:59:50 AM

I believe this cannot be done. I believe this forum is for freedom believers not the way around. My suggestion is don't easily get fooled by those new coins and you will be golden.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:46:15 PM

Just have some common sense, and you will surely be fine. Don't put money into anything, that is not extensively trusted.

Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:51:14 PM

Most of the altcoins are pump and dump schemes. You want protection so that you can pump and dump without any other risks?
Kinda ironic don't you think?
Tonka Branded Truck

Activity: 259

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:00:17 AM

Those passports and ids can be easily obtain don't trust them so much. Just use your common sense.

Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:06:08 AM

I don't see how this would help. It would only limit creativity. Why should we do that? I think people should only you their heads and that is all. Don't jump into something if you are not prepared to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: