Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:49:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl?  (Read 2148 times)
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:25:00 PM

One can never know how far these coins can go sometimes, when the value is high and you are making profits, there is always the desire to sell and sell,but don't be too greedy when it comes to these coins, take it slowly and hold some back for the future might just be as promising but with. Better returns

romanjose1402

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:27:44 PM

Well, I generally keep investing the profits I get, I have been doing that for the last months, so I have not enjoyed any profits for now, I think bitcoin is the best investment one could do at the moment when there are simply too many options.
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:38:37 PM

If I were you, when the BTC rate increased from $ 6,000 to $ 8,000 in a short period of time, I would only sell 50% of the BTC. Keeping the remaining 50% or more is the best thing to do because of the high possibility that the BTC rate will continue to increase if you sell the entire amount of BTC you will regret it!

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:41:23 PM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?
It depends whether your ideal market price to sell is still realistic or not. Given that the market value of Bitcoin for an instance is expected to increase more than that, holding would be more essential. But if you are aiming for a price of 59k usd before selling, that would be dellusional.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:51:34 PM

I sell every bits of my token once it pumps on exchanges
Every pump in the market is an opportunity to sell your tokens for bitcoin

And every dump is an opportunity to pack a lot too
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:05:11 PM

I think if I am holding I will target the profits earned and before reaching the target I will not sell it, but if I reach the target I want I will sell it 100%. and will buy again when the price drops again.
Olena9797

Activity: 448

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:41:15 PM

You know, this December i was still holding all my crypto and regret about this after, really regret. I think a lot of people did like me. So this time i even dont know which model to choose. I guess that when i decide its enough i will sale everything and will wait for the deep

darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:53:07 PM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

I do sell if i have that profit then buy back again when the price of it was falling thats the basic in trading buy low sell high but it depends on what will you do of you believe the coin will fall down then sell 100% then buy back again that is the only thing you can do to be keen observer when it comes to market.
xdboys1

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:43:50 AM

For me i just sell some and hodl the others, ill just sell what i need, because i know that all token has it's future.
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 12:48:30 AM

I can hold the projects I really believe in. And of course Bitcoin is the king of the coins. Where he goes the market follows. So, projects like BTC, ETH, EOS I can hold long term. Some smaller projects I can sell even all the coins after enough profit.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 12:52:05 AM

when I have achieved the desired profit, I immediately sell it 100%. because bitcoin continues to fluctuate and the price may go down quite large. to reduce the risk of prices falling back, when the moment has reached profit, I immediately sell everything.
daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:55:33 AM

For me i just sell the half of it and the hodl the ither half for investing other cryptocurrencies. Because bitcoin , that most of us know what it will make when it rises in its value , it can go skyrocketing in an instant and make a bigger profit from it. And investing in other crypto can also gain more profits when their value goes high , and i hodl my earnings until bitcoin rises again in its value.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
MariaOzawaa

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:58:34 AM

I will sell 50% when the price of the coin reaches my ideal price and continue to wait and see. If there are rumors that when I invest in a cryptocurrency that can rise to $1,000, then I will sell it when it reaches $700. This is a good strategy.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:07:05 AM

when I have achieved the desired profit, I immediately sell it 100%. because bitcoin continues to fluctuate and the price may go down quite large. to reduce the risk of prices falling back, when the moment has reached profit, I immediately sell everything.
In this way you will be able to enjoy your gained, then buy back again when you see the corrections, it is hard to assess how bitcoin will behave so take every chances that we have in order to maximize profits, but in the other side if you are a long term investor,you can also sell your initial investment and
hold your profits volatility is really huge who knows what will be the next jumped might bring even bigger if you can hold for long term.
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:13:34 AM

I don't sell all of them I try so sell 30-50% only because you can now gain your profit at 30-50% of it. Then just hold the 50-70% of it then try to buy again and hold it and when it goes up sell another 20-30% of your holdings. But if it goes down very deep sell it 100% but if you want to hold something hold atleast 5-20% of it so you will have a foundation of your holding coin.
cryptoclassic

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:17:56 AM

yes i will do that. I will sell my profits in anticipation of falling crypto prices like buying back in the event of a decline.
Mapagmahal
Copper Member

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:20:13 AM

I only sell about 75% on my holdings because with this way i have assurance that i earn with some bounties because who knows. If the coin that i'm holding becomes big in it's price the 25% remaining can give me some additional income and if the price went down. I won't blame myself for not selling because i had sold 75% rather than keeping the entire 100% then the coin is not moving then maybe my work will come to waste. I think we hunters have different strategy on keeping the coins and when to sell.

i use to be a hunter
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:12:20 AM

I usually hold depending on the market situation, but if it really gives me more profit then I can sell some of my crypto
phatvo93

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:17:55 AM

I'll choose option" sell 75% and keep 25% because you can't know the BTC price will continue going up or not.....
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:21:15 AM

Yes I will sell and buy back at dip, I do sell when uptrend and use the whole funds to buy back at bottom to acquire more and can decide to sell some when in need of funds.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: