Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl?  (Read 2148 times)
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:27:13 AM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?

My tactics is simple and same with the others, sell all and start new beginning. Before that I should saving 25% from my profit into currency as back up fund. There's no urgency to sell half or less because profit not happen every day. Take it as step to reach next level from your skill or capital. Just like that and enjoy the profit.

Honzell

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

Alphateca.com

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:27:23 AM

personally, I will sell it 50% and I will save 50%. I will save it and wait for the price to be more expensive because we don't know how the market will go in the future. certainly, we must be able to manage our crypto assets well so that we can benefit.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:34:12 AM

I will sell 100% of my assets when I get 25% -100% profit, then I will wait for Bitcoin to decrease and I will buy more than before, sometimes I think of trying other altcoins, I will not focus too much on Bitcoin.
kujaroth

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:45:48 AM

I may sell all my coins when profit is great. I may hold it when the profit is minimal. And I will buy coins when there is potential that it will go up.
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:49:42 AM

Depending on the situation that occurred. What makes the rise was also a thing to at least analyzed. When only small jumps result in going down back then just sell all. but when it's rising will continue then hold some and sell some of it. It is more profitable than having to sell all and see the price keep rising but could not do anything.
rafi035

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

maybe the tactics and strategies that you convey are the same as those of other investors, it is impossible to sell everything we have, it will save and hold it back to get a profit later
capn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:11:09 AM

Actually I don't know how to answer that question yet because since I entered this market is almost every time in downtrend, so I think the prices will recover higher than it was during the ICO I would be about to sell.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:20:53 AM

Well, it depends. I have a specific amount that I am holding for the long run in my wallet, and a specific amount I use to trade. If the signal is not sound enough to keep being in the market for long positions and warranties me to go short, then I go all short with a stop loss based on my strategy. Usually, I have gained enough confidence to know my strategy works for me 80% of the time, so I can deal with the remaining 20% without stress. It is market, unpredictable, but being a swing trader, I do not stay in a market if there is nothing to stay there for, that is the essence of trading anyway, which is to take advantage of the swings and fluctuations in the market.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 08:40:48 AM

Nope. My tactics are only sold 50%, then I keep 35% the money and use 10% of selling to buy back bitcoin and or altcoins at the last price when I sold them, hold again till the price goes up. And the residual of 5%, I would try to invest in an ICO.
maryanti

Activity: 500

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:41:45 AM

Depending on your needs, if urgent, then you sell it completely. Because you have seen 20% of profits.

if there is no urgent need. You cannot sell it completely, if you have sold a few percent, then you have to buy it again when the price drops as an additional benefit when the price goes up.

obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:17:56 PM

I am a crypto trader and when i make such gain, I won't waste time but to sell it immediately because that is a massive gain comparing the bear market condition, I will sell and invest in another coin.
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:22:59 PM

Unfortunately, I have not yet achieved this, but I think that I would sell everything and not think more about long-term investments in this coin!

echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:23:20 PM

it depends on the coins and my strategy for the coin, if it is a coin i plan to hold for a very long time, I won't sell it, I will leave it, but if it is a coin, i am holding for a gain, then I will sell it off and invest in another coin.
islakevin

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 03:24:31 PM

I do sell 100% when i know its going down but to be safer i keep the 75% and rebuy at the bottom the 25% of my holding so when it will pump again i will do that again And i will hold my profit with another coin.

Dayx

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 03:28:58 PM

sometimes, i always sell everything if it's hit the profit like 160% or more, and sometime i hold the first investment and sell the profit, so i can calculate how many profit that i got from those assets. it's depend on my mood though  Grin
gigusico

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

I usually keep until the moment when the prices will suit me and sell some of my savings and the rest I save
TheDarkRide

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:43:34 PM

Sell a half and keep holding the other half when I am already got good profit. Therefore if the price keep moving up we still have a chance to collect the other profit. But if the price goes down, at least we already sell the half of it.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:49:22 PM

It actually depends on the flow and volume of trading. You also have to turn on your instinct if there are a big fish around who is actively trading. Most of the time, I am only selling 50% and using one of the 50% for either buy back or a sell for a higher profit. Well, the most effective trade i am doing is only trading my 20% funds in the market.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:52:42 PM

For me, I think it really depends on the situation and how much tokens I am holding. Let’s say if that specific token is going all the way down, I would cash out all of them since I am in profit. However, if the tokens are mooning a lot, I would just sell half of it and hold the remaining ones for the long term. Just my two sats.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
MB2017

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

Diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 04:16:31 PM

I always give the first priority to my capital. In your case mostly I sell 6K$ worth coin and hold remain 2k$. Just if I feel will give me more profit then sell 4k$ and take a risk with 4k$. But in the second case, it reaches 4k$ to 6k$. Surely I will again sell 2k$ and safe my initial capital. I used to sell part coins to just cover my initial capital and take the risk.  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: