Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl?  (Read 2148 times)
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:09:51 AM

By looking at the condition of the market which is currently falling. And I get the profit of it, of course, I will sell everything. With the market falling I'm sure to profit is very difficult. And now we have to do is hold the coins until the market recovered.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
NUnuasod

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:10:49 AM

I always sell 100% when i reach my target profit. The cryptocurrency market is not stable so i must make safe my investment funds.
eipeng

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:11:03 AM

Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.
What are your opinions / tactics?
Of course i sell it all, It's a profit why not take it all. Remember the golden rule buy low sell high. As long as you make profit even it's a little it's still a profit.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:18:14 AM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

i can not think about selling yet. I'm still trying to make a bit of bitcoins. my strategy is to hold and sell sometime in the future. maybe in 10 years or so. this is the best strategy for me personally because i am not a good trader.
Zeronic

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:25:46 AM

I usually sell 50% of my coins and the other 50% i hold it.
I think maybe the price in the next day will higher so i hold my other half.
But if the price is high for me, i will sell my coins

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Matt_Cimelli

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:31:44 AM

Great read on what other people are doing, I try my hardest to watch the market an try to buy low every time, its all mind games don't believe what your blockfolio is showing you, just think that youve bought at the right time for you and if you've chose the right coins to invest in don't worry about dips just buy a few more if you can, don't sell at loss this is the only way you lose.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 09:52:49 AM

to anticipate the increase back then sell some hoops and some for the long term. It would be pretty useful for some years when the increase will happen again. but see conditions should also do what else happened is considerable increases. When selling at this point certainly give profit large enough and certainly the geared up to buy more when prices began to fall.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 11:27:32 AM

Last year I used to sell whole portion of my bitcoin and and recently I busy some. And I will sell again when I will be benefitted.
pickledmuffin

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:30:55 AM

Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

For the shorter term trades I would usually do the 90 / 10 split. 90% sell 10% hold, but it really depends on the coin, this mainly applies to something I think will have long term prospects, rather than quick in and out.

argus312

Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:32:25 AM

I would wait until the price doubled, after which I sold 50%, and the remaining 50% would be invested in altcoins!
SaveOurSea

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:34:51 AM

for me when any coin I hold and shows profit, without thinking, I will sell it all, because if I only sell part of it, the profit will not be too much, and in my opinion it is not worth it. It is better to sell everything and buy again when the price is low.

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 11:38:10 AM

I sell some of it where I could gain enough profit and hodl some of it so that when the bull market comes, I would be able to gain more profit again. It is important that we'll know how to make money out of our investments and savings. We should be smart enough to handle our savings and learn how to earn more through crypto hodling.
gapthecap11

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:39:07 AM

It depends if the price is high or if the price is suitable for me I will sell it and if not i will hold it until the price of my tokens is high for me or enough for me to sell than to hold.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:40:48 AM

I never sell 100% of my holdings. I prefer to have at least 10-20% of each good coins to hold. Who knows, may be one day this 10-20% will give me more money than my entire portfolio gives me now.
Abdullah.dhariwal

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:44:30 AM

I will sell 60-70% and wait for some time to see weather price goes more above or not if price goes 9k+ i will sell remaing amount of bitcoin. and if price gets back to 7k+ i will buy BTC again.
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:49:51 AM

On ICOs last year I did sell half when the price doubled, so I never was at a loss with an investment. This way, I can always keep long term holdings without any panic or worry.

Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:30:19 PM

Actually HODL, is the better option because it provides a more income,
holding your investments in longer period of time gives a more earnings in your own pocket that can be get in future.
GoldOrBTC

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

I always try to get my investments back first. Then i look for more opportunities. It helps me to get more profits sometimes. So i hold a small amount.
CryptoShooter

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:30:52 PM

"Sometimes Hodl better sometimes sell is better! This
time I think sell is better because this is really a good
profit to sell that's why I want to sell all this time.
"
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 05:33:07 PM

I never sell all of my holdings, instead, I make it 50-50 split if I see a small profit, but I may sell up to 80% only if I see a massive profit in the trade. I always believe in long-term holding profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: