Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope those suckered into the GOX rally lose everything  (Read 2743 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:52:55 PM

aww come on revans, you can hope for more than that.  Smiley

also "Coinsmen" made me laugh.
...your fellow coinsmen ...

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
alpha492

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:10:43 PM

Why would you hope that other people would get hurt? How would that benefit you?

Seems like you are a garbage human being
It's most likely just a reflection of his level of hate towards human stupidity. Mine too. Unfortunately there are few ways to express this and we sometimes choose the wrong ones.

You have a fundamental problem with human nature and yet you attempt to be a trader?  I think your in the wrong place.

Furthermore it sounds like you are the problem.

I almost wish I was on Gox to triple my money in a day, but I was around in November to 10x my money in a month.

You win some you lose some, don't blame the market for acting in a way you think isn't logical, it's a natural system and like anything else in nature you don't get to tell it what to do.  Try and it will chew you the fuck up and spit you out.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

You win some you lose some, don't blame the market for acting in a way you think isn't logical, it's a natural system and like anything else in nature you don't get to tell it what to do.  Try and it will chew you the fuck up and spit you out.

U as much as anyone else must know that Bitcoiners are overly starry eyed about their little lines of computer code that consist of the digits in their wallets. Have a look back over practically every bear v bull poll on this forum since Jan 2014. Bulls outvote bears every single time by a large amount, yet the market keeps sliding down the way. This proves the old market adage of the majority of investors tend to lose money. This is because the majority are stupid, especially in Bitcoin. In this sense, it is no surprise at all that capital has piled into MtGox in order to take advantage of 'cheap coins'. Now we even have a secondary market where some dude (I presume) is willing to pay ~50% of the Bitstamp rate for Goxcoin.....which may be the reason for the Gox price being pulled back up to ~50% of normal BTC price. To me, the very best that can happen is that MtGox allows limited withdrawals....but this is the very most positive imaginable outcome. More likely is that they are insolvent are slowly drowning, but buying time to organise themselves and fill their pockets as much as they can before the curtains come down on MtGox once and for all. In this light people pouring capital into Gox is sheer insanity. My brother did once make a small fortune buying into crashing bank markets around 2007.....but he done so in belief that Governments would bail the banks out. Who is gonna bail Gox out? Has Karpeles made up Gox's shortfall enough by crashing his own market and arbing the fk out of cheap coins by taking them over to Bitstamp? Is he going to bail Gox out with his ill gotten gains?

The only healthy attitude of any trader in market other than an out and out bull-run, is to harbour a healthy disdain towards human stupidity and profit from it. That is how it is. Financial markets are nasty places. TERA has perhaps slipped up (as I would have also), by underestimating precisely how stupid and irrational this particular market is capable of behaving. Problem with Bitcoiners is that they can behave so dumb, that you have to pinch your arm to remind yourself that it's real. Most sensible people would have trouble bringing themselves to trade on the premises of a market behaving as dumb as the Bitcoin market can do and this in itself can be frustrating. That is all.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:02:22 AM

U as much as anyone else must know that Bitcoiners are overly starry eyed about their little lines of computer code that consist of the digits in their wallets. Have a look back over practically every bear v bull poll on this forum since Jan 2014. Bulls outvote bears every single time by a large amount, yet the market keeps sliding down the way. This proves the old market adage of the majority of investors tend to lose money. This is because the majority are stupid, especially in Bitcoin. In this sense, it is no surprise at all that capital has piled into MtGox in order to take advantage of 'cheap coins'. Now we even have a secondary market where some dude (I presume) is willing to pay ~50% of the Bitstamp rate for Goxcoin.....which may be the reason for the Gox price being pulled back up to ~50% of normal BTC price. To me, the very best that can happen is that MtGox allows limited withdrawals....but this is the very most positive imaginable outcome. More likely is that they are insolvent are slowly drowning, but buying time to organise themselves and fill their pockets as much as they can before the curtains come down on MtGox once and for all. In this light people pouring capital into Gox is sheer insanity. My brother did once make a small fortune buying into crashing bank markets around 2007.....but he done so in belief that Governments would bail the banks out. Who is gonna bail Gox out? Has Karpeles made up Gox's shortfall enough by crashing his own market and arbing the fk out of cheap coins by taking them over to Bitstamp? Is he going to bail Gox out with his ill gotten gains?

The only healthy attitude of any trader in market other than an out and out bull-run, is to harbour a healthy disdain towards human stupidity and profit from it. That is how it is. Financial markets are nasty places. TERA has perhaps slipped up (as I would have also), by underestimating precisely how stupid and irrational this particular market is capable of behaving. Problem with Bitcoiners is that they can behave so dumb, that you have to pinch your arm to remind yourself that it's real. Most sensible people would have trouble bringing themselves to trade on the premises of a market behaving as dumb as the Bitcoin market can do and this in itself can be frustrating. That is all.

Of course, what the hell do I know, I never seen the bull explosion coming so I dont know what makes me qualified to the near term future in Bitcoin now.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:07:44 AM

OP sounds like an absolute joy to be around at parties... not!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:43:56 AM

Of course, what the hell do I know, I never seen the bull explosion coming so I dont know what makes me qualified to the near term future in Bitcoin now.

That my friend was then and this is now.

I never even knew what a MACD was until sometime late Dec 2013. If I was investment savvy back then as opposed to being indifferent/ignorant and/or driven by sensationalist headlines, then I might be a millionaire today.

Go and try and catch me out with some quotes from my recent history. I will give you a clue where to look. Sometime between $500 - $700 on the bounce from Dec $380 crash. I was butt hurt right about then aftera I pissed all over my trousers on a certain high value falling knife catching trade. But aside from that, I have managed to mostly be cheer-leading the prevailing trend.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:47:38 AM

Just because someone is bad at trading doesn't necessarily mean they're stupid.

For that matter, if YOU are good at trading, them being "stupid" shouldn't upset you, because that's a large part of how you make your money.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:26:27 AM

You win some you lose some, don't blame the market for acting in a way you think isn't logical, it's a natural system and like anything else in nature you don't get to tell it what to do.  Try and it will chew you the fuck up and spit you out.

I'm going to run with that last point you made. For the longest time, people haven't been able to get fiat out of gox. Now people can't get BTC out of gox. Why did people on gox keep selling BTC right down to 1/5th of the price everywhere else?

They can't get the fiat out. So why sell?

My opinion is that this is a perfect example of the 'stupid and irrational' that you are talking about. That's where opportunity lies. I'm not going to pass on that chance.

The fact that the resident trolls are all coming out of the woodwork to make vitriolic posts that merely reveal a deep sense of self-loathing. That's another great indicator. You do well to be cautious shorting now.

There could be opportunity sure, and if you make some money doing so, then good on you. I hope you don't lose. That's the difference between me and people like revans. I don't need everyone else to lose to make myself feel better.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:26:59 AM

Hey thanks Op buddy Grin  I'm sure the worlds already been treating you as you treat others. Still I would like to take this opportunity to tell you life can get better nothing lasts for ever so chin up go outside let the sun warm your face.

Edit: Been getting Euros out of gox for months now. Its not fast but is working . Still I decided to leave a bunch in and gamble scooping up cheep coins that may or not be worth something. Time will tell and until then i wish you well and hope life improves for you.

frito

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

Can you give us a point by point breakdown as to why this will cause your phallus to thicken and engorge?
teehe
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:50:48 PM

Hey thanks Op buddy Grin  I'm sure the worlds already been treating you as you treat others. Still I would like to take this opportunity to tell you life can get better nothing lasts for ever so chin up go outside let the sun warm your face.

Edit: Been getting Euros out of gox for months now. Its not fast but is working . Still I decided to leave a bunch in and gamble scooping up cheep coins that may or not be worth something. Time will tell and until then i wish you well and hope life improves for you.

Op got treated by insults, people trying to prove him wrong and now you are trying quite smartly to make him feel that he is wrong

It is funny how some posts only interest old members and some posts are mostly interesting newbies, do you guys have a filter to only see old member's posts?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: