Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:01:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CPU Coin List - CpuCoinList.com - Alt Coins For Your CPU  (Read 33054 times)
snortex

Activity: 814
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

You can add Hirocoin.
It is based on DRK, same algo, same miners. Was added to Poloniex today.
The difficulty is about 10 times lower than DRK, it is a good time for CPU miners to join the game.

I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
btc-mike (OP)

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:48:05 PM

UPDATES
-Added Hirocoin
-Fixed algorithm on Darkcoin.
Vuulkan

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:38:09 AM

I have some CPU Power for all "Amazon AWS Credit Coupons" Smiley
read
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524197
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:44:17 AM

UPDATES
-Added Hirocoin
-Fixed algorithm on Darkcoin.

I think you could add [GRS] GroestlCoin to the list, it has GPU miner but it's CPU friendly, an average GPU is only 2-4 times faster than an average CPU

Are the hashrates of GPU and CPU in same standard?
For example, my ATI7850 got 2.7m, and my E3-1230-V3 got 1.3m, so each 7850 is like two E3, is that correct?

It has 2 or 3 pools already, nice block explorer, optimized CPU miner, 2 exchange markets .... looking good.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525926.0
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:13:36 PM

UPDATES
- Added Twecoin. It is CPU and GPU mineable.

TO DO
- Update the site theme.
- Add info for GPU mineable coins. Will have calculation of GPU advantage versus CPU. Already have info for several algorithms.
- Will check groestle.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:27:37 PM

UPDATES

TO DO
- Update the site theme.
- Add info for GPU mineable coins. Will have calculation of GPU advantage versus CPU. Already have info for several algorithms.
- Will check groestle.

There is a GPU miner for primechain-based coins, so I guess they are not CPU-only anymore. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548230.0

btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:36:13 PM

UPDATES

TO DO
- Update the site theme.
- Will check groestle.

There is a GPU miner for primechain-based coins, so I guess they are not CPU-only anymore. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548230.0

I updated main page.

There are two GPU miners out. I made a blog post - http://cpucoinlist.com/primecoin-gpu-miners/ yesterday but the site layout is so bad and I am sure most people haven't seen it. I am testing out a more functional theme right now.
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:39:47 PM

UPDATES
- Updated theme / layout.
- Moved Bernankoin to eliminated. It has been around over 3 months and hasn't been added to exchange.

TO DO
- Will check groestle.
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:16:33 PM

UPDATES
- Added GPU Advantage info to main page. The calculations are on the individual coin pages.
- Added Groestlcoin.
- Added Hashcoin.

TO DO
-Check the following X11 coins
* ElectronicYen
* GiveCoin
* HighFiveCoin
* Limecoin
* VirtualCoin
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

UPDATES
- Added Marucoin

TODO
-Check the following X11 coins
* ElectronicYen
* GiveCoin
* HighFiveCoin
* Limecoin
* VirtualCoin
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:06:45 AM

Here is one more:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502135.0
CarlosWing

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:10:28 AM

This time CPU can mining
The card also

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Swmovzkbt7KuLq59j1exChkocEznU2VJeH
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:20:59 PM

UPDATES
- Added page for X11 algo
- Added GiveCoin
- Added HighFiveCoin
- Added Limecoin
- Added VirtualCoin
- Added Logicoin
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:44:17 PM

UPDATES
- Fatecoin moved to eliminated because it does not sync.
- Memorycoin moved to eliminated because it implements the Kimoto Gravity Well which is vulnerable to the Time Warp Attack.
- Muniti moved to eliminated due to the huge premine.
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:44:43 PM

UPDATES
- Added Monero
- Added Juggalocoin
- Added TwilightCoin
- Added Global Denomination
- Moved Rhinohorns to eliminated
- Moved Datacoin to eliminated
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:22:24 PM

UPDATES
- Added Limecoin page
- Added Badgercoin
- Added How-To for Noirshares
- Added How-To for X11 Coins
- Added How-To for Global Denomination

Follow The CPU Coin List on Twitter!
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:01:15 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 01:47:53 AM by btc-mike

UPDATES
- Added How-To for Groestlcoin
btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:51:54 AM

I have been asked via PM to at Bytecoin. It was noted that I already have Monero, so I should list Bytecoin as well.

I will not be adding Bytecoin because it was 80% mined before being publicly released. It took 2 yrs to mine, but that was all private so it still amounts to a premine.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:28:01 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 06:42:33 PM by child_harold

Hello All,

Following a disappointing result when btc-mike tested the latest YAM miner on an AMD FX-8320 hashing groestlcoin (1300Khs), and  being a firm believer that Grøstl is the ultimate PoW I forwarded these results to yvg1900, the YAM miner dev. yvg1900 said he'd take a closer look at the findings.

Earlier on today yvg1900 replied with some comments in a PM to me. Being very correct and diligent yvg1900 suggested I should confer with btc-mike before re-publishing the comments in a public forum. I agreed and notified btc-mike of our wish to make public these comments, seeking his approval in doing so.

Of course btc-mike being a sound chap was quite happy to continue the dialogue and requested I publish yvg1900's thoughts in this thread. I agreed and he agreed I'd re-pot this in the Groestlcoin thread:

So here follows yvg1900's comments after the results of btc-mike's test of an AMD FX-8320 hashing groestlcoin… Enjoy!

thanks btc-mike and yvg1900 - you both totally røck!

CH

I took at deeper look on cpucoinlist situation, and here are some conclusions:

1). Yet AMD FX-8320 is not the low end one, it is definitely not the latest and most efficient CPU. It has been released back in October, 2012, but CPU technology advanced a lot since that time with introduction of AVX2 instruction set and Intel Haswell microarchitecture. GPU used for comparison was released one year later, and this heriod is a huge leap in modern data processing technology.

2). In my optimizations I target latest CPUs with lates features, and clear lead at the moment is Intel with their Haswell microarchitecture. AMD FX-8320 is not primary target for optimization, it actually benefits from optimizations targeted to Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs (they are limited to AVX as well). I would suggest comparing AMD r9 280X GPU against Intel Xeon E3-1270v3 or i7 4770k CPUs, which have similar (or even significantly lower) price [hash pre $ invested] (I don't mind power consumption) [hash per watt].

3) Newer Haswell Refresh CPUs are coming (or came) in $300 price range, that will bring even more performance boost to CPU mining.

4). When using yam miner it is very important to ensure that memory subsystem on the testing platform is configured correct way (i.e. if HugePages enabled and working). This may lead to nearly 2x performance difference on some coins (especially affected are MemoryCoin, ProtoShares and NoirShares; GroestlCoin is not affected so much).

5) CPU/GPU comparison table tinks to outdated version - makes sense to take a look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTOUdJZrKqrNDXTIbXgNvJtj_fnpECREcs-eHxaGrZc/edit#gid=256771159 instead (available in the OP at GRS ANN thread at botcointalk)

6) Now, just for comparison: from that table and other tests it is clear that Haswell CPUs do well over 2600 KH/s, and some single-CPU machines go over 2800 KH/s. There is a clear technical explanation for this: FX-8320 uses AVX, and Haswell CPUs use AVX2, which has 2x data width (256-bit registers) compared to AVX (128-bit registers).

Thanks,
yvg1900
Developer of yam miner

btc-mike (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:27:15 PM

Hello All,

Following a disappointing result when btc-mike tested the latest YAM miner on an AMD FX-8320 hashing groestlcoin (1300Khs), and  being a firm believer that Grøstl is the ultimate PoW I forwarded these results to yvg1900, the YAM miner dev. yvg1900 said he'd take a closer look at the findings.

Earlier on today yvg1900 replied with some comments in a PM to me. Being very correct and diligent yvg1900 suggested I should confer with btc-mike before re-publishing the comments in a public forum. I agreed and notified btc-mike of our wish to make public these comments, seeking his approval in doing so.

Of course btc-mike being a sound chap was quite happy to continue the dialogue and requested I publish yvg1900's thoughts in this thread. I agreed and he agreed I'd re-pot this in the Groestlcoin thread:

So here follows yvg1900's comments after the results of btc-mike's test of an AMD FX-8320 hashing groestlcoin… Enjoy!

thanks btc-mike and yvg1900 - you both totally røck!

CH

I took at deeper look on cpucoinlist situation, and here are some conclusions:

1). Yet AMD FX-8320 is not the low end one, it is definitely not the latest and most efficient CPU. It has been released back in October, 2012, but CPU technology advanced a lot since that time with introduction of AVX2 instruction set and Intel Haswell microarchitecture. GPU used for comparison was released one year later, and this heriod is a huge leap in modern data processing technology.

2). In my optimizations I target latest CPUs with lates features, and clear lead at the moment is Intel with their Haswell microarchitecture. AMD FX-8320 is not primary target for optimization, it actually benefits from optimizations targeted to Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPUs (they are limited to AVX as well). I would suggest comparing AMD r9 280X GPU against Intel Xeon E3-1270v3 or i7 4770k CPUs, which have similar (or even significantly lower) price [hash pre $ invested] (I don't mind power consumption) [hash per watt].

3) Newer Haswell Refresh CPUs are coming (or came) in $300 price range, that will bring even more performance boost to CPU mining.

4). When using yam miner it is very important to ensure that memory subsystem on the testing platform is configured correct way (i.e. if HugePages enabled and working). This may lead to nearly 2x performance difference on some coins (especially affected are MemoryCoin, ProtoShares and NoirShares; GroestlCoin is not affected so much).

5) CPU/GPU comparison table tinks to outdated version - makes sense to take a look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hTOUdJZrKqrNDXTIbXgNvJtj_fnpECREcs-eHxaGrZc/edit#gid=256771159 instead (available in the OP at GRS ANN thread at botcointalk)

6) Now, just for comparison: from that table and other tests it is clear that Haswell CPUs do well over 2600 KH/s, and some single-CPU machines go over 2800 KH/s. There is a clear technical explanation for this: FX-8320 uses AVX, and Haswell CPUs use AVX2, which has 2x data width (256-bit registers) compared to AVX (128-bit registers).

Thanks,
yvg1900
Developer of yam miner

i am trying to make make the testing fair by using like equipment to compare different algorithms. The r9 280x is so common, that it is easy to find hash rate info. it is a lot harder to find cpu hashrates, especially when the gpu miner gets released so i used the cpu/system i have. i know my cpu (fx-8320) is not the latest but the cpu allowed me to compare the algorithms.

after emails with yvg1900 i found that my 8MB system does not take advantage of huge pages. any software that uses this will thus see no advantage.

yvg1900 offered to put me in touch with testers, so i may be able to get more cpu numbers.

having said all that, i still believe the current GPU Advantage numbers are a reasonable representation. my goal was to determine which algorithms/coins could still be effectively mined with a CPU and i feel i have done. BUT, there is certainly room for improvement.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: