Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🔥Republia: Leading-Edge Ecosystem and Technology  (Read 45239 times)
BuxTime

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:39:33 PM

What you do for security?
Already trezor and ledger nano has been widely used by many people who is on cryptos. I do not think this wallet will be goes viral there both wallet. If we are worry that our wallet should not be hacked. Keep your funds on private key secured desktop wallet that is enough i think.
Don't prefer to save your fund on online wallet. If you have wallet details on public system where others can access except you. Keep it on private place.
Wow lot's of people are far more security conscious then I am.  I understand hackers/malware gets better day in and day out but if you keep of sketchy websites.
Run things like spybot search and destroy.  I am at least comfortable with desktop wallets, Mew wallet, and even some exchanges like Binance or Kucoin for a bit of money (couple thousand).  
I understand that the advice given by one gentleman above is likely the best practices but you have to be realistic with yourself.  Most of us aren't willing to go thru that level of due diligence.  Just gotta make it hard enough that it isn't worth the hackers time imo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Robertkinoshik12

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:47:17 PM

Don't prefer to save your fund on online wallet. If you have wallet details on public system where others can access except you. Keep it on private place.
Wow lot's of people are far more security conscious then I am.  I understand hackers/malware gets better day in and day out but if you keep of sketchy websites.
Run things like spybot search and destroy.  I am at least comfortable with desktop wallets, Mew wallet, and even some exchanges like Binance or Kucoin for a bit of money (couple thousand).  
I understand that the advice given by one gentleman above is likely the best practices but you have to be realistic with yourself.  Most of us aren't willing to go thru that level of due diligence.  Just gotta make it hard enough that it isn't worth the hackers time imo.
Ledger and trezor is more than enough to protect your  money. Because both are hardware wallet so no one should hack your wallet. But you should careful your private keys this is more important in all the wallet. All the digital currencies are only 90% of secured other 10% percent is our responsible.
DubrJoks

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:54:13 PM

Ledger and trezor is more than enough to protect your  money. Because both are hardware wallet so no one should hack your wallet. But you should careful your private keys this is more important in all the wallet. All the digital currencies are only 90% of secured other 10% percent is our responsible.
I just create unique password, not same with my DOB or anything else of my public data. Turn on one time password to my phone.
And also use Google Auth if the website provide it.
Laptop59

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:01:13 PM

I just create unique password, not same with my DOB or anything else of my public data. Turn on one time password to my phone.
First you will need to install some good anti virus for your computer or laptop,add some malwarebytes to be sure that no malwares will be installed in your computer.Use ledger nano s or trezor they are the most commonly used hardwallets (most trusted) by the community,third use metamask extension in your browser syo it can prevent phishing sites from stealing your private keys when you are transacting in cryptocurreny exchanges.
DubrJoks

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:08:13 PM

First you will need to install some good anti virus for your computer or laptop,add some malwarebytes to be sure that no malwares will be installed in your computer.Use ledger nano s or trezor they are the most commonly used hardwallets (most trusted) by the community,third use metamask extension in your browser syo it can prevent phishing sites from stealing your private keys when you are transacting in cryptocurreny exchanges.
The most common hacks over crypto are with malwares, so first thing I did is I moved from Windows to Linux, as there are pretty less  chances of getting infected with malware on Linux as in compared to windows.
Second, most of my tokens I keep in my Ledger Nano S.
If I am trading on decentralized ETH exchanges like etherdelta, I make sure I use Metamask.
These are good practices to safeguard yourself.
Muahmud_ali_tanskir

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

The most common hacks over crypto are with malwares, so first thing I did is I moved from Windows to Linux, as there are pretty less  chances of getting infected with malware on Linux as in compared to windows.
If I am trading on decentralized ETH exchanges like etherdelta, I make sure I use Metamask.

My friend uses a bitfreezer purse.  He says that it is convenient and safe.  BitFreezer is built on the basis of Tails and because access to bitcoin runs from the boot operating system that is located directly on BitFreezer you do not have to worry about whether your operating system is infected with viruses.
BuxTime

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:22:28 PM

My friend uses a bitfreezer purse.  He says that it is convenient and safe.  BitFreezer is built on the basis of Tails and because access to bitcoin runs from the boot operating system that is located directly on BitFreezer you do not have to worry about whether your operating system is infected with viruses.
Since it isn't really that 100% secured in putting your money in cryptos, either use a hardware wallet, avoid online wallets and if I'm gonna use software wallets especially Electrum then I would require to secure my computer also against all such malwares especially spyware since spywares are the usual softwares that would pretty much touch your files instead of destroying your file itself. Avoiding to let your private key to be imported in a trading site is quite advisable especially if you're using MEW in EtherDelta is quite a good pratice, like EtherDelta has its own DNS hack not long time ago so there's that.
Robertkinoshik12

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:29:15 PM

Since it isn't really that 100% secured in putting your money in cryptos, either use a hardware wallet, avoid online wallets and if I'm gonna use software wallets especially Electrum then I would require to secure my computer also against all such malwares especially spyware since spywares are the usual softwares that would pretty much touch your files instead of destroying your file itself. Avoiding to let your private key to be imported in a trading site is quite advisable especially if you're using MEW in EtherDelta is quite a good pratice, like EtherDelta has its own DNS hack not long time ago so there's that.
Use an offline wallet or ledger, that's basically it. You don't have to give yourself too much headache when the solution is simple, and you end up not risking anything in other system that you do not have control.

Second is stay clean, do not go to malicious websites. Clicking on some ads/links can get you phised and hacked.
Install a good firewall/antivirus or malware/rootkit protection.

And don't give you private keys/address to anyone, also your personal info on public/social media.
DubrJoks

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:36:18 PM

Use an offline wallet or ledger, that's basically it. You don't have to give yourself too much headache when the solution is simple, and you end up not risking anything in other system that you do not have control.

Second is stay clean, do not go to malicious websites. Clicking on some ads/links can get you phised and hacked.

And don't give you private keys/address to anyone, also your personal info on public/social media.

I think Ledger is something that MOST are fairly well aware of it, but I have NEVER used it and I like to know the cost and how it works. This BItFreezer is $49, so looks fine to me. I don’t exactly have a burning desire to have this but I feel if $50 can give me security for my 5k amount, then it should be worth going for.
Muahmud_ali_tanskir

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:46:09 PM

I think Ledger is something that MOST are fairly well aware of it, but I have NEVER used it and I like to know the cost and how it works. This BItFreezer is $49, so looks fine to me. I don’t exactly have a burning desire to have this but I feel if $50 can give me security for my 5k amount, then it should be worth going for.
A original updated OS & Antivirus is doing half job and another half is avoding free WIFI, using offline wallet,  2factor auth, single pc ETC..
BuxTime

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:53:19 PM

I am asking this repeatedly, but unfortunately no one has answered this yet. I think you can’t say much unless you use something, as I believe the option you are mentioning should be fairly expensive, but until someone tell me the COST and some of the features, then it will help me do BETTER COMPARISON!
DubrJoks

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:00:23 PM

I am asking this repeatedly, but unfortunately no one has answered this yet. I think you can’t say much unless you use something, as I believe the option you are mentioning should be fairly expensive, but until someone tell me the COST and some of the features, then it will help me do BETTER COMPARISON!
To be honest I have not yet decided which is the most convenient option to reduce the risks in my crypto assets, because although it is true that I have already suffered the theft of a small portion of my investments, the only "security" measure that I am using so far is to spread my investments in endless wallets and addresses. I think that at this moment I have about 50 different wallets, so that in case of suffering a hack, the most I would lose would be about $200.
Laptop59

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:07:14 PM

To be honest I have not yet decided which is the most convenient option to reduce the risks in my crypto assets, because although it is true that I have already suffered the theft of a small portion of my investments, the only "security" measure that I am using so far is to spread my investments in endless wallets and addresses. I think that at this moment I have about 50 different wallets, so that in case of suffering a hack, the most I would lose would be about $200.
It is true that it is very problematic to manage so many addresses and private keys, but it is a provisional measure while my assets are not so significant at this moment.
DubrJoks

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

It is true that it is very problematic to manage so many addresses and private keys, but it is a provisional measure while my assets are not so significant at this moment.
Always be careful to where you send your money. Double check or triple check is a must.
Cold wallets is also a good investment.
Never ever let your funds stay in a trading website for a long time. If you want to trade then just send in the amount that you can afford to lose.
Dont trust website wallets. Anytime there will be something wrong that could happen. If you want to withdraw to cash then just send also the amount you want to withdraw.
Never share your private keys with anyone except your wife
Laptop59

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:23:09 PM

Always be careful to where you send your money. Double check or triple check is a must.
Never ever let your funds stay in a trading website for a long time. If you want to trade then just send in the amount that you can afford to lose.
Dont trust website wallets. Anytime there will be something wrong that could happen. If you want to withdraw to cash then just send also the amount you want to withdraw.
First of all, l would like to check my accout. Then, l will lock my handphone. Besides, l will download antivirus to protect my handphone. In the main time, we must keep our password with carefully. Because it is very important to open our account. So, I think this my opinion about to do for security. Thank you
Muahmud_ali_tanskir

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:30:08 PM

First of all, l would like to check my accout. Then, l will lock my handphone. Besides, l will download antivirus to protect my handphone. In the main time, we must keep our password with carefully. Because it is very important to open our account. So, I think this my opinion about to do for security. Thank you
I have installed some anti virus and malwarebytes,so my computer wont be infected by these malwares and viruses that could steal my private keys,use a hardwallet for your own security ledger and trezor would be the best choice as they are the most trusted by the community,metamask extension will protect your private keys from the phishing sites so you need these things if you want to be secured all the time.
Laptop59

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:37:31 PM

I have installed some anti virus and malwarebytes,so my computer wont be infected by these malwares and viruses that could steal my private keys,use a hardwallet for your own security ledger and trezor would be the best choice as they are the most trusted by the community,metamask extension will protect your private keys from the phishing sites so you need these things if you want to be secured all the time.
Ledger nano s ledger can solve all your security problems. It works with almost all cryptocurrencies, and it is fast and convenient. It's expensive, but for big money, I think it's a great investment.
alexrosssssa

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:44:08 PM

I too plan to use it, as I believe it is very cheap as compared to other major names while it provides similar stuff. Often the problem is that NAME is what makes you money, so no one believes in trying anything else even if it is the same thing in terms of security. But I am looking to hear about the price of other hardware wallets and then make a comparison.
Laptop59

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:51:09 PM

I too plan to use it, as I believe it is very cheap as compared to other major names while it provides similar stuff. Often the problem is that NAME is what makes you money, so no one believes in trying anything else even if it is the same thing in terms of security. But I am looking to hear about the price of other hardware wallets and then make a comparison.
Trezor is one of the most secure wallets:D
Muahmud_ali_tanskir

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:58:07 PM

Trezor is one of the most secure wallets:D
Wil you be kind enough to tell me the PRICE (COST) of that wallet? And can you tell me 1-2 features that are really good? As everyone is mentioning Trezor, but no one tells the cost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: