Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THOR] THORCOIN | ASIC RESISTANT | PoS | Join the THOR Community!  (Read 75946 times)
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:52:30 PM

thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is painfully slow
thor.cryptopool.eu  now is running but it was down few minutes ago
thor.cipherpool.com didn't find any block so far
thor.zeuspool.com is down
thorcoin.coinspool.net is down

just look at difficulty
it was 90 1 hour ago
now is 52
next is 46

You are right only for the web browsing @ thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net. Stratum works perfect and pool calculates shares and distributes coins normally (which is what really is about, isn't it? )

The browsing issue is not exactly an issue but more of because of the redirection of all resources to the pool itself.
If I'm not mistaken, thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is the only pool that hasn't brought down to it's knees because of the mining load. We did whatever possible to stay online and continue to provide stratum and pool calculations for everyone to use.

I'm just saying this because the way it is presented gives bad reputation to the pool and it's a shame because I strongly believe that the people behind that pool deserves credits for their hard work keeping the pool up, when all other pools went down again and again and again...

The funny thing here is that more than 2-3 pools getting DDoS at the same time while mindfoxs pool is still up, if you read some posts above you would had seen it was because of DDoS and not because of many miners. Talking bad about other pools that they cant handle the load when they actually getting attacked and only 1 pool is up and it is urs.
I did not talk bad about the other pools. On the contrary, if you check previous posts of mine, you will notice that I was trying to support the coin by promoting all pools, not just mine.

While the other pools where down and miners started coming my way, I sat all night watching the logs, inspecting what exactly was happening so I could prevent my pool from going offline too. That's why I restarted stratum a couple of times for a matter of seconds so that all the changes I did to the whole system be applied instantly.
You will understand that all the above is true, just by checking the hashing rate of your miner: Does it really have that amount of power with other coins/algorithms?

Now, regarding the slow performance of the site:
I am not a rich person, nor I expect to do business from becoming a pool owner. I'm just a miner like everybody in here, who wants to return back to the community.
So, I setup a pool to a small cloud server my budget could afford. I have no employees working for me, nor I can afford to have high end servers. It's just me and all of you, supporting the coin and the pools.

That server handled a ~3.5Mhs of hashing load at some time and I was (and still am) doing the best I can to keep the pool in a working state and to gather experiences during that time.
For absolutely no fees, depending only to users' donations (which weren't many, only some users remembered to visit the donation field and support the pool with a percentage of donation)
Mindfox.Net pool keeps providing stratum services to the users of Thor coin and will happily continue to do so, for as long as we can keep up the pace.

If you read the announcements that you're referring to, you will notice that some of them have DDoS protection, right? Just a thought...

I am sorry if I come a little hard on you, but it didn't feel good the fact that you implied that I could be involved to those "attacks".

Simpson93

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:07:00 PM

WTB big amounts. PM me offers.
lazycoins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that we are looking at new coins being launched and considering adding them to our exchange to be traded at our launch, which will probably be the biggest launch for any altcoins exchange yet. Since our announcement 7 days ago we already have over 1000 followers and 23 altcoins added  Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/LazyCoins and vote.

Good Luck!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.0

Cryptuxe

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:16:49 PM

WTB 5m 0.00000550ea
Xtrata

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:28:09 PM

thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is painfully slow
thor.cryptopool.eu  now is running but it was down few minutes ago
thor.cipherpool.com didn't find any block so far
thor.zeuspool.com is down
thorcoin.coinspool.net is down

just look at difficulty
it was 90 1 hour ago
now is 52
next is 46

You are right only for the web browsing @ thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net. Stratum works perfect and pool calculates shares and distributes coins normally (which is what really is about, isn't it? )

The browsing issue is not exactly an issue but more of because of the redirection of all resources to the pool itself.
If I'm not mistaken, thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is the only pool that hasn't brought down to it's knees because of the mining load. We did whatever possible to stay online and continue to provide stratum and pool calculations for everyone to use.

I'm just saying this because the way it is presented gives bad reputation to the pool and it's a shame because I strongly believe that the people behind that pool deserves credits for their hard work keeping the pool up, when all other pools went down again and again and again...

The funny thing here is that more than 2-3 pools getting DDoS at the same time while mindfoxs pool is still up, if you read some posts above you would had seen it was because of DDoS and not because of many miners. Talking bad about other pools that they cant handle the load when they actually getting attacked and only 1 pool is up and it is urs.
I did not talk bad about the other pools. On the contrary, if you check previous posts of mine, you will notice that I was trying to support the coin by promoting all pools, not just mine.

While the other pools where down and miners started coming my way, I sat all night watching the logs, inspecting what exactly was happening so I could prevent my pool from going offline too. That's why I restarted stratum a couple of times for a matter of seconds so that all the changes I did to the whole system be applied instantly.
You will understand that all the above is true, just by checking the hashing rate of your miner: Does it really have that amount of power with other coins/algorithms?

Now, regarding the slow performance of the site:
I am not a rich person, nor I expect to do business from becoming a pool owner. I'm just a miner like everybody in here, who wants to return back to the community.
So, I setup a pool to a small cloud server my budget could afford. I have no employees working for me, nor I can afford to have high end servers. It's just me and all of you, supporting the coin and the pools.

That server handled a ~3.5Mhs of hashing load at some time and I was (and still am) doing the best I can to keep the pool in a working state and to gather experiences during that time.
For absolutely no fees, depending only to users' donations (which weren't many, only some users remembered to visit the donation field and support the pool with a percentage of donation)
Mindfox.Net pool keeps providing stratum services to the users of Thor coin and will happily continue to do so, for as long as we can keep up the pace.

If you read the announcements that you're referring to, you will notice that some of them have DDoS protection, right? Just a thought...

I am sorry if I come a little hard on you, but it didn't feel good the fact that you implied that I could be involved to those "attacks".

DDoS protection doesnt automaticly mean that you are 100% protected and you know this already so why do you even mention that?

Yeah you sat up all night when the ddos was happening right? Its not the first time it happens either. Sorry but I do not believe 1 word you are saying here.

"You will understand that all the above is true, just by checking the hashing rate of your miner: Does it really have that amount of power with other coins/algorithms? "

What does my hashrate have to do with anything?
LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:30:18 PM

WTB 5m 0.00000550ea

PM'd you
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

DDoS protection doesnt automaticly mean that you are 100% protected and you know this already so why do you even mention that?

Yeah you sat up all night when the ddos was happening right? Its not the first time it happens either. Sorry but I do not believe 1 word you are saying here.

"You will understand that all the above is true, just by checking the hashing rate of your miner: Does it really have that amount of power with other coins/algorithms? "

I have been trying to tell you that it was not DDoS, it was a huge amount of shares waiting to be inserted to the DB. At the point where stratum would seize all operations and try to write all buffered shared to the db. Maybe you prefer to believe whatever you want to believe which is fine with me. The difference is that I'm not accusing you of anything for doing so.
I referred to your hashrate hoping that you could understand what I'm talking about.

Believing what I say or not is your prerogative and I can't say what you can or can't do. Besides, one can't have friends everywhere, right? I will just take a note not to ask you to become a follower of me in twitter Wink
Xtrata

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:40:11 PM

I have been trying to tell you that it was not DDoS, it was a huge amount of shares waiting to be inserted to the DB. At the point where stratum would seize all operations and try to write all buffered shared to the db. Maybe you prefer to believe whatever you want to believe which is fine with me. The difference is that I'm not accusing you of anything for doing so.
I referred to your hashrate hoping that you could understand what I'm talking about.

Believing what I say or not is your prerogative and I can't say what you can or can't do. Besides, one can't have friends everywhere, right? I will just take a note not to ask you to become a follower of me in twitter Wink

I know for a fact it was DDoS since it happened on more than 1 pool at the same time, who are you trying to fool here?
unfocus

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:43:25 PM

Scifi Exchange: https://www.scifi-ex.com proudly welcomes Thorcoin to our family!

Please check out our community, both at our forum: http://scificointalk.com/ and our LCARS themed website: http://www.scificryptocoin.org/

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
eCoinomist

Activity: 112

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:45:09 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 04:16:31 PM by eCoinomist

Buying total of 15M ThorCoins for 1BTC.

OR if you don't have enough 15M ThorCoins to sell, buying at THOR/BTC = 0.000000067 BTC.

Will only deal with sell offers of at least 1M THOR

PM or contact me via my website http://ecoinomist.com/contact

mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:46:13 PM

I know for a fact it was DDoS since it happened on more than 1 pool at the same time, who are you trying to fool here?
So, let me get this straight. Your fact is that because all of the pools went down at the same time, it was a DDoS right?
Which is more likely:
a) Someone pays a vast amount of money, in order to create a huge attack against 3-4 sites under DDoS protection that are pools for a new, still without official value coin, or
b) All the other pools were running the same unaltered piece of software, while the one that kept running was running a modified one?

Again, just a thought...
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:47:56 PM

WTB big amounts. PM me offers.
i have a lot of thor for u
Xtrata

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:50:03 PM

So, let me get this straight. Your fact is that because all of the pools went down at the same time, it was a DDoS right?
Which is more likely:
a) Someone pays a vast amount of money, in order to create a huge attack against 3-4 sites under DDoS protection that are pools for a new, still without official value coin, or
b) All the other pools were running the same unaltered piece of software, while the one that kept running was running a modified one?

Again, just a thought...

Wow, I cant believe that you are trying to talk around it so much when it is obvious. I can tell you that they are not using the same software as well because Cryptopool was up while Zeus was attacked still.

It seems to have some value since the pool still gets attacks and mindfox does not  Wink
Cloudpost

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:06:11 PM

Which is more likely:

Again, just a thought...

Biggest pool http://thor.cryptopool.eu/ was attacked twice, during last and this night, I lost 8 total hours of mining. Cryptopool was runnnig very well under 4.5 gH load, so don't say they are down due to high number of miners (I cheched, normal number of shares, low rejeceted, no stale share). Your pool has heavy web interface lags under 2 ghr load.

Btw I'm using your pool, thanks for you work Tongue

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
eCoinomist

Activity: 112

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:19:38 PM

Ok, I'm off to sleep now. If you PM me Thorcoin offer, sry for delay in reply.

LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:20:10 PM

[sarcasm] Yeah, cos no one ever DDOS's pools, lol [/sarcasm]
vnnbot

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:46:11 PM

WTB lots coin, PM your offer.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:57:36 PM

To put the DDoS debate to bed. Mindfox is right... The issue is with the micro shares being submitted during mining that is crashing the pools. Not the pools being DDoS'd. Its loading the servers and causing process pileups causing certain services to come to a screeching halt while database entries are sorted and submitted.
Xtrata

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:59:19 PM

To put the DDoS debate to bed. Mindfox is right... The issue is with the micro shares being submitted during mining that is crashing the pools. Not the pools being DDoS'd. Its loading the servers and causing process pileups causing certain services to come to a screeching halt while database entries are sorted and submitted.

Thats why it is getting Ddosed now, please dont come and talk about stuff that you have 0 idea about.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:14:22 PM

Thats why it is getting Ddosed now, please dont come and talk about stuff that you have 0 idea about.

And what makes you think I dont know what Im talking about? What pool is being DDoS'd right now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: