Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THOR] THORCOIN | ASIC RESISTANT | PoS | Join the THOR Community!  (Read 75945 times)
DrReaper

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:01:55 AM

The dev has been missing for over a week now. If he doesn't show up soon Thorcoin maybe headed to Valhalla.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mugwampbro

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 05:23:23 PM

The dev has been missing for over a week now. If he doesn't show up soon Thorcoin maybe headed to Valhalla.

FUCK !!! Thanks to KrvnoZrnce's generosity, I've got a reasonable stake in Thor. POS...WOW !! Does wallet work? NO..... FUCK !!

MHA

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

such an original name
DrReaper

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:10:43 AM

The dev has not logged in yet. Unless he has another account on bitcoin forum. This is the longest wait ever.
chinbadboy

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:35:57 AM

fuch!!!!!!!!! fuck UR FLY
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:33:17 AM

Coin Revolution

The voting ends today at the Coin Revival Foundation and Thor is one of the nominated coins! Promote your coin and vote at:

VOTE HERE

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
DrReaper

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:05:22 PM

The Thorcoin community should start considering the admin may never return. We may be forced to take the coin over. Anyone here with experience doing something like that?
daavenger

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:57:54 AM

having looked through the wallet software i have come to the conclusion that Thor wallets are effected by SSL Heartbleed bug.... the wallet is still using the old OpenSSL cert: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
not the updated version: OpenSSL 1.0.1g 7 Apr 2014
that is meant to deal with the heartbleed bug.

If the dev was around all he has to do is update the SSL cert for his wallet... and release a fixed version.. all sync problems would be fixed
KrvnoZrnce

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:52:00 PM

@DrReaper It is definitely up to community from now on.. I am looking for a dev that could help us but no luck for now.

having looked through the wallet software i have come to the conclusion that Thor wallets are effected by SSL Heartbleed bug.... the wallet is still using the old OpenSSL cert: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013

If the dev was around all he has to do is update the SSL cert for his wallet... and release a fixed version.. all sync problems would be fixed

I would rather just relaunch the coin with start from the current block - 85475 (and with all already mined coins valid). Would you be able to do that maybe Smiley?
We should be in charge of the coin since the original dev doesn't care about the coin anymore.
DrReaper

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

@DrReaper It is definitely up to community from now on.. I am looking for a dev that could help us but no luck for now.

I would rather just relaunch the coin with start from the current block - 85475 (and with all already mined coins valid). Would you be able to do that maybe Smiley?
We should be in charge of the coin since the original dev doesn't care about the coin anymore.

Any fix we can come up with now would be great. How do we take over the website? That is going to be more problematic.

I need to start a coin. I would fight to the bitter end to keep it going.
mindfox

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:40:12 AM

I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about and you make it presented like it's some kind of a science study. Your conclusions based on what???

The openssl version is the library someone uses while compiling the wallet. There is nothing to be done to the source code and whoever developer said that he did bug-fixes is lying. He just compiled new bins with openssl 1.0.1g statically linked.

If somebody cares to send me the debug.log of his wallet after he started his wallet with "-debug -debugnet -logtimestamps" I'll try to find some time and have a look.
daavenger

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:13:08 PM

I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about and you make it presented like it's some kind of a science study. Your conclusions based on what???

The openssl version is the library someone uses while compiling the wallet. There is nothing to be done to the source code and whoever developer said that he did bug-fixes is lying. He just compiled new bins with openssl 1.0.1g statically linked.

If somebody cares to send me the debug.log of his wallet after he started his wallet with "-debug -debugnet -logtimestamps" I'll try to find some time and have a look.

The only reason I said "conclusion" is because when there is a problem with a wallet I look to other wallets that work, to see what the problem could be... recently a lot of wallets were effected by the heartbleed bug... and have since brought out new wallets that actually sync and the only difference I have noticed in all old wallets and the updated new versions is the SSL certs have been changed....

Next time don't be so rude as to assume I know nothing.. I have been a computer engineers since i was 17 im now 32... conclusions are my business!
I'm trying to get this back to normal and comments like "I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about and you make it presented like it's some kind of a science study. Your conclusions based on what???" are just a waste of time.... It’s up to individual companies to update their websites and services to use the fixed version of OpenSSL, which plugs the hole left by Heartbleed — stanching the bleeding, so to speak. The researchers that took the wraps off the bug say it’s the responsibility of operating system vendors, software makers, and network hardware vendors to use the new version, which they call FixedSSL.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:23:04 PM

The only reason I said "conclusion" is because when there is a problem with a wallet I look to other wallets that work, to see what the problem could be... recently a lot of wallets were effected by the heartbleed bug... and have since brought out new wallets that actually sync and the only difference I have noticed in all old wallets and the updated new versions is the SSL certs have been changed....

Next time don't be so rude as to assume I know nothing.. I have been a computer engineers since i was 17 im now 32... conclusions are my business!
I'm trying to get this back to normal and comments like "I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about and you make it presented like it's some kind of a science study. Your conclusions based on what???" are just a waste of time.... It’s up to individual companies to update their websites and services to use the fixed version of OpenSSL, which plugs the hole left by Heartbleed — stanching the bleeding, so to speak. The researchers that took the wraps off the bug say it’s the responsibility of operating system vendors, software makers, and network hardware vendors to use the new version, which they call FixedSSL.

Although you're right about me being rude and I apologize for that, you have to understand that rumors is what rules in coin eco-systems. And so many communities are being manipulated by false conclusions by users that just want their "20 seconds of publicity".
Since you gave your bio (btw pleased to meet you, for real Smiley ) I'm in computers at the age of 7, cracked a copy protection routine at the age of 11 with machine language on 6502 motorola cpu and now I'm 42.
I hope we can put this behind us now and you accept my apology.

I still want the debug.log file, from a wallet that has been started with "-debug -debutnet -logwithtimestamps" if any attempt of debug is to take place
daavenger

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 05:05:16 PM by daavenger

Although you're right about me being rude and I apologize for that, you have to understand that rumors is what rules in coin eco-systems. And so many communities are being manipulated by false conclusions by users that just want their "20 seconds of publicity".
Since you gave your bio (btw pleased to meet you, for real Smiley ) I'm in computers at the age of 7, cracked a copy protection routine at the age of 11 with machine language on 6502 motorola cpu and now I'm 42.
I hope we can put this behind us now and you accept my apology.

I still want the debug.log file, from a wallet that has been started with "-debug -debutnet -logwithtimestamps" if any attempt of debug is to take place

OK I accept your apology and I understand that rumours fly around all over the place.. I was trying to avoid those by researching reliable non crypto sources... and the information I gathered was from forums based on heartbleed bug only....... I tried to to obtain the debug.log having a Thor wallet and i got the errors "windows cannot find 'Thorcoin-qt.exe' please make sure you've typed the name.... etc.. I think this maybe because its not installed into the system its like a portable program, unless I did something wrong??
On a side note Good to meet you too!  Cool Grin

UPDATE DEBUG.LOG:

it seems none of the nodes are responding and timing out so I think it needs a node added to the config file that responds... where can I send the log file to @mindfox as there is no email for you on show and the log is to long to post here?
DrReaper

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:28:00 PM

I sent mindfox a log today. With any luck he has it now. If not I can try again.
KrvnoZrnce

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:03:14 PM

Great to see some action here Smiley. Just to inform you guys, I'm in the middle of website development for Thorcoin (was working on it before blockchain got stuck) so as far as website is concern, nothing to worry about Smiley We will have one which will include massive giveaways and block explorer. We just need to get this baby rolling again (and that's the part I can't help with) Smiley
mindfox

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:22:23 AM

I can't find anything useful from the debug logs besides generic errors.
I'll have to run it through a debugger.
Please allow me to do so during the weekend due to lack of time.

In the mean time, I'll leave my Thor address here in case you want to support my work:
TWCt9WLGP3nWFmSwvVPg6XaEfAqymJsAfV
DrReaper

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:46:08 AM

I can't find anything useful from the debug logs besides generic errors.
I'll have to run it through a debugger.
Please allow me to do so during the weekend due to lack of time.

In the mean time, I'll leave my Thor address here in case you want to support my work:
TWCt9WLGP3nWFmSwvVPg6XaEfAqymJsAfV

Mindfox if you fix it you know I will be sending a tip.
hanoosh

Activity: 210

LION Devloper, Graphics Designer!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:31:36 PM

if Mindfox (or anyone) fix it ill tip 2,000,000 THOR!

For any Graphics Design PM me Wink
LION https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649055
Nightlfe5575

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:33:06 PM

Nowhere but up from here! .00000001 Just remember in the future, you where here when it was easy!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: