Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THOR] THORCOIN | ASIC RESISTANT | PoS | Join the THOR Community!  (Read 75950 times)
ekrem

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

the DEV  silent

Code:
Name: 	Thorcoin
Activity: 65
Position: Member
Date Registered: February 19, 2014, 03:57:16 PM
Last Active: Today at 02:06:32 PM
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:34:41 PM

the DEV  silent

Code:
Name: 	Thorcoin
Activity: 65
Position: Member
Date Registered: February 19, 2014, 03:57:16 PM
Last Active: Today at 02:06:32 PM

may be we should pm the dev so that he can tell whats the next update.
ekrem

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:36:43 PM

long time no any info  Huh
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:19:39 AM

Come on Dev please come back! A lot of people believed in this coin.
JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:52:44 PM

Maybe the dev could turn this coin over to someone who wants to keep it alive?  Anyone?  Anyone?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HiroS

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 05:38:38 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 06:19:32 PM by HiroS

Some asked me to come take a look at Thorcoin. It seems to be a decent coins at heart but made the same mistake of setting a faster blocktime on Peercoin's PoS without making the other required changes to handle this without getting stuck.

To start with let's get this ticking. I will create a working testnet as this coin does not have one yet, then I can testnet any changes to this coin. Just to get it ticking again we need to hard fork, safest thing to do is move to vanilla Peercoin blocktime. Further work to speed things up again can be done safely at a later point. Right now this coin is on the Sci-Fi Crypto Exchange but if blocks do not even move then it is not going to be able to stay on there without some immediate work.

My plan is to set a hardfork just before the stuck block with vanilla Peercoin blocktime. Transactions in the last block will be lost and coins will be where they were before that block. I think it is a small sacrifice to get this chain back on its feet. If anyone wants to donate towards development of this coin then please let me know as it would be helpful.

EDIT: Seems that Thorcoin was made from Novacoin but they did not fork on GitHub and apply changes, just worked on it offline and uploaded the whole thing to GitHub. It would be sensible to fine out at what point it took the NVC source, then fork Novacoin at that point, apply the changes for Thorcoin. This give us the Novacoin upstream repo to pull changes from and a better history for Thorcoin development. More work though!

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

Some asked me to come take a look at Thorcoin. It seems to be a decent coins at heart but made the same mistake of setting a faster blocktime on Peercoin's PoS without making the other required changes to handle this without getting stuck.

To start with let's get this ticking. I will create a working testnet as this coin does not have one yet, then I can testnet any changes to this coin. Just to get it ticking again we need to hard fork, safest thing to do is move to vanilla Peercoin blocktime. Further work to speed things up again can be done safely at a later point. Right now this coin is on the Sci-Fi Crypto Exchange but if blocks do not even move then it is not going to be able to stay on there without some immediate work.

My plan is to set a hardfork just before the stuck block with vanilla Peercoin blocktime. Transactions in the last block will be lost and coins will be where they were before that block. I think it is a small sacrifice to get this chain back on its feet. If anyone wants to donate towards development of this coin then please let me know as it would be helpful.

Appreciate you stopping in, and welcome the feedback. I think many of us would like to see this coin continue, so I'm up for just about any proposed solution since the original dev is no longer active.

I personally can contribute 10M THOR to the project, although they are presently stuck in a wallet on CryptoRush. I have absolute confidence in the guys that took over that exchange, and think we should see it active again in the coming weeks. I also can confirm that my balance still exists. In any event, you can count on the 10M from me for a donation pool.

I'll leave the technical details of the proposed changes to those more knowledgeable/experienced with developing, but I'd be happy to help where I can. I'd be happy to contribute another 10M to bounties/faucets/giveaways.

In the meantime, it'd be nice if the community could rally together and vote at mintpal: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Also, let's not forget about c-cex.com and comkort.com.

hanoosh

Activity: 210

LION Devloper, Graphics Designer!

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:41:10 PM

EDIT: Seems that Thorcoin was made from Novacoin but they did not fork on GitHub and apply changes, just worked on it offline and uploaded the whole thing to GitHub. It would be sensible to fine out at what point it took the NVC source, then fork Novacoin at that point, apply the changes for Thorcoin. This give us the Novacoin upstream repo to pull changes from and a better history for Thorcoin development. More work though!

The Thorcoin community will be very happy, btw i have some transactions made on 25 26 27 April, the ones on 25 are confirmed but 26 and 27 are not, so after the hard fork i might lose them all ?

For any Graphics Design PM me Wink
LION https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649055
snakegi

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:11:56 PM

ThorCoin added to voting on usecryptos!
Non-paid votes ONLY!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487854.0

DrReaper

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

I will tip anyone that can get Thorcoin running again. The dev is long gone at this point.
HiroS

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:07:32 AM

Appreciate you stopping in, and welcome the feedback. I think many of us would like to see this coin continue, so I'm up for just about any proposed solution since the original dev is no longer active.

I personally can contribute 10M THOR to the project, although they are presently stuck in a wallet on CryptoRush. I have absolute confidence in the guys that took over that exchange, and think we should see it active again in the coming weeks. I also can confirm that my balance still exists. In any event, you can count on the 10M from me for a donation pool.

I'll leave the technical details of the proposed changes to those more knowledgeable/experienced with developing, but I'd be happy to help where I can. I'd be happy to contribute another 10M to bounties/faucets/giveaways.

In the meantime, it'd be nice if the community could rally together and vote at mintpal: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Also, let's not forget about c-cex.com and comkort.com.

Thanks for the offer. When I get the coin ticking I'll take you up on the offer. We are all here working in an open source project so diversification helps evolve and adapt the software. There is too much competition and segregation in crypto. I think the whole scene would be a lot healthier if there was not money involved.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
Daanlt

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

Thank you HiroS. As THOR pool owner I can donate some THOR, up to 5M
HiroS

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:22:33 PM

Thanks for all the offers, I hope to be collecting them soon Smiley

I'm just putting the new code into practice. Basically going back to some more tried and tested settings for a child of Peercoin. This will fork on 85744 and then happily continue past the block it got stuck on. If all is well I will link to GitHub and post some binaries for Windows users. If you need Mac let me know.

HiroS

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:11:12 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 07:25:10 PM by HiroS

I need the assistance of someone who was able to mine Thorcoin. All I'm getting mining on two computers is lots of hardware errors.

Please send me a PM, I can give you my IP username and password of where to start mining. It should only take a few minutes to test whether this works as the difficulty is low. We need to mine two blocks to mine the current block we are stuck on and then the one after. If we make it to 85746 I will push the changes to my GitHub repo for Thorcoin and then publish the new clients.

ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:59:43 PM

Has this been done yet?

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
HiroS

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

Not yet. If you can hash Thorcoin please send me a PM and I will send you the details to connect to the patched client to mine a couple of blocks. This should only take a few minutes and then we can relaunch if everything is okay. The Thorminer throws hardware errors on two of my computers. If anyone has any advice on that then perhaps I can just test this locally.

kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:06:11 AM

Not yet. If you can hash Thorcoin please send me a PM and I will send you the details to connect to the patched client to mine a couple of blocks. This should only take a few minutes and then we can relaunch if everything is okay. The Thorminer throws hardware errors on two of my computers. If anyone has any advice on that then perhaps I can just test this locally.

HiroS, again, thank you for all your work. I want to increase my bounty to 20M THOR since you've been working diligently to complete this. I'll send you a PM and get something going on testing the new code if no one else is readily available with a thorminer.

Also, I'll still be distributing 10M out to the community, so suggestions on how to promote/distribute would be helpful.

Cheers.

Daanlt

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:59:38 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 06:28:52 PM by Daanlt

PM sent
Thank you

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:41:51 PM

PM sent
HiroS

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:30:09 PM

Many thanks do Daanlt who mined on the new client and has mined a replacement block for the current stuck one. It seems that the coin is now working as expected. We need to get a few people updated, connected and mining for everything to start working again.

What is needed is an updated DNS seeder to be added to the source code so that updated clients can connect to each other. While the network is coming back to life it would be helpful if people could share IP info for addnode. Otherwise we will end up with people mining isolated chains some of which will be orphaned when the network fully links up again.

If anyone wants to fund additional work like porting a seeder to Thorcoin and running it then please let me know.

The updated source code is available from the link below.

https://github.com/HiroSatou/Thorcoin/

I have compiled a Windows binary for testing.

https://www.hirocoin.org/dl/thorcoin-qt.zip

I am running an updated node on the IP address below.

-addnode=207.12.89.227

Once nodes are connected and the blockchain is ticking please note that my Thorcoin address is TKJBU85sETT712uMVfjxGzbTx3CZfvHP17 Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: