Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is free to use Bitcoin as they want  (Read 784 times)
Zaibraid

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:38:15 AM

Yeah it is true what you say if no one can prevent us from using bitcoin for anything. Everyone is free to use bitcoin for whatever they want. That is the advantage of a decentralized system because all the controls and monitor are in our own hands as owners of bitcoin. So that for whatever reason there is actually no official party that can ban someone from transacting with bitcoin, either for positive transactions or negative transactions. That is a bit of my idea.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinbates

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:48:16 AM

And that's what crypto is about: the freedom to  choose.
Ricky.Libertarian

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

Yes, everyone is free to use Bitcoin as they want, and it is linked to its decentralized nature.

That is a big advantage as an asset, especially in a crisis era.
silentgenius

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:34:03 PM

Bitcoin is free to all use because bitcoin is a on-going activity that rise up and users gain and being there job to invest or trade.Free for all who want to earn.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:50:45 PM

A well written article. People should understand that Bitcoin means different thing to different people depending on they use and the best part is that people can decide for themselves what they want to use it for.
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:15:01 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 01:13:23 PM by hatshepsut93

sorry I missed your comment.
I don't say "prohibited" but more like guided or educated. and it is not just selling but also buying.

for example I always tell everyone not to sell AFTER the price has dropped down. if they wanted to sell then they should have sold when the drop was starting and price was still high. but after it has dropped for example 10%, or specially the iconic 30% drops of last year, it is already too late but many of them don't listen. what they do is that they sell at the bottom after a huge loss and increase the volatility then since price recovers right after they sold they FOMO buy back at a higher price increasing the volatility even more.

this market is still young and filled with whales with experience and lots of lambs who are losing money.
not that this has nothing to do with bitcoin and its core principles, it is about the market and price and not giving your money to the manipulators.

Sure, educating is a good thing, but you can't change everyone's mind. These newbie investors are very emotional, inexperienced and lack technical knowledge, they are constantly scared that Bitcoin will go to zero. It's just a natural part of free, unregulated, volatile and immature market. I think in the end Bitcoin will become very strong when people will see how it survived many crashes, being declared dead hundreds of time and being criticized by people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. It's like a vaccine, at some point in the future FUD will become useless and volatility will decrease.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1182

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:32:56 PM

I definitely agree with saying that freedom is the ultimate point of Bitcoin. But today Bitcoin is more asset, then a currency, because of high transaction fee and volatility. Lightning technology can change this situation.
people have different perception about bitcoin, that is what means freedom. but as a currency  i agree with you. high transaction fee and volatily can solved too. but i think people already not really concerned with that

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Myown55

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:43:30 PM

whether you choose to invest in bitcoin project or HODL depends on you. You can weigh the two sides and choose whatever will favour you. Bircoin is good.

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉
Hammer45head

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:08:31 PM

There's an ongoing debate in and outside of Bitcoin community regarding the economic nature of Bitcoin: is it a currency or an asset, a store of value, settlement layer and so on. The situation with ETF's also sparked some debates, as some argue that ETF's are bad and Bitcoin should stick to its cypherpunk roots and ignore the mainstream.

I think all sides kinda miss the point of Bitcoin. Bitcoin was created so people can send coins directly to others, without any mandatory middleman. Therefore, every use case is as legit as any other use case, it doesn't violate the freedom of any other user of the network. It doesn't even matter if Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to be a decentralized currency that will kill banks, because one of the principles of Bitcoin is censorship resistance, so if some people want to use centralized services, want regulated environments, speculation and so on, it's their right. All those things have no effect on people who want to use Bitcoin as an alternative currency.

So, I think there is no single answer to whether Bitcoin is an asset or a currency, everyone decides for themselves, because freedom is the ultimate point of Bitcoin.

I just don't understand what's the use of having a debate regarding the economic nature of Bitcoin? I believe, the best thing about Btc is your freedom, so you are free to use Bitcoin as you want. That's the point Wink
jpnl0006

Activity: 480
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:28:05 PM

Bitcoin is money as we all know and money answers all things and we all need money for one or two reasons so whether it has a wrong or bad intentions or not its money everyone is free to use bitcoin as they want thanks
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:56:32 PM

whether you choose to invest in bitcoin project or HODL depends on you. You can weigh the two sides and choose whatever will favour you. Bircoin is good.
Bitcoin is free for everyone to learn about it and start earning on their own strategy. No one can control you doing things but you have to be careful. You have to understand the market. Bitcoin is good to have whether you used it as payment or an investment to get good profit as the price goes down which is good to buy more volume of bitcoin.

strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:22:08 PM

There's an ongoing debate in and outside of Bitcoin community regarding the economic nature of Bitcoin: is it a currency or an asset, a store of value, settlement layer and so on. The situation with ETF's also sparked some debates, as some argue that ETF's are bad and Bitcoin should stick to its cypherpunk roots and ignore the mainstream.

I think all sides kinda miss the point of Bitcoin. Bitcoin was created so people can send coins directly to others, without any mandatory middleman. Therefore, every use case is as legit as any other use case, it doesn't violate the freedom of any other user of the network. It doesn't even matter if Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to be a decentralized currency that will kill banks, because one of the principles of Bitcoin is censorship resistance, so if some people want to use centralized services, want regulated environments, speculation and so on, it's their right. All those things have no effect on people who want to use Bitcoin as an alternative currency.

So, I think there is no single answer to whether Bitcoin is an asset or a currency, everyone decides for themselves, because freedom is the ultimate point of Bitcoin.
You can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and is in the downtrend stage, the bitcoin and altcoin prices are constantly decreasing, transactions are increasingly difficult, so I think the transaction fee will be pushed up. This means that you can earn more profit for the owners of the exchanges, compensating for losses from the market.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:48:06 AM

As we all know that bitcoin is a decentralised crypto currency and there is no such authentic regulating body over the bitcoin who could keep eyes over all the bitcoin activities so this decentralisation is almost responsible for like all the controversies related with bitcoin like its legalisation and its illegal use but since it is decentralised, no country has the right to ban it and cannot stop its people from using it, country can ban its people tu se domestic exchanges but still their citizens can transact through international exchanges.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:49:39 PM

"Freedom is the ultimate point of Bitcoin". I think i'm totally agree with your statement. I don't understand why people keep on debating which one is better for bitcoin to be a currency or to be an assets for investment, while in reality, bitcoin is equally both for that two function. At the end of the day, the usage of bitcoin is depending on how we gonna use it.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
yousuf5
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Bitcoin is free to all use because bitcoin is a on-going activity that rise up and users gain and being there job to invest or trade.Free for all who want to earn.I totally agree, bitcoin was created to make our lives easier and we can have the freedom to used it, it makes the transaction become more transparent, bitcoin was created to become a currency that can be used in all over the world.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:15:08 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized technology so I agree that Bitcoin should be use as whatever the person wants it to use. It's either a currency or an asset as people would like to refer. It could be classified as a currency because you could buy goods using Bitcoin or even pay the bills. Or you could refer to it as an asset because you hold it to profit. It depends.
Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:16:31 PM

Like Satoshi Nakamoto just created bitcoin and gave us a guideline. Then gave us the rein on what to do with his creation. However bitcoin will eventually be used, I'm still all in for it since it's the eventual future financially.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
tuturutmunding

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:23:14 PM

yes in my opinion using bitcoin is a very convenient way to make transactions, we are very free to conduct online transactions, there are no rules that can make it difficult for users whenever and wherever we are we can make payments. isn't that the way I am practical and very helpful in all businesses?
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:27:58 PM

Bitcoin is already accepted as collateral in the US Federal Court
25-year-old Serbian-Italian citizen Martin Martiha was asked to pay a pledge in bitcoin (BTC) or any other cryptocurrency.
Marsih was arrested on August 8 on suspicion of hacking a video game company Redwood City Electronic Arts in San Francisco, California.
Fmradio98

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Indeed they are. Someone is allowed to deal with his or her bitcoin as he enjoys. Someone cannot choose for you how to spend your cash. For whatever length of time that you realize what you're doing and you are doing it appropriately. I think you've your future in your grasp
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: