Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:28:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am very confused.  (Read 10232 times)
­­­Atlas_

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:00:07 PM

Hiding murder of civilians, eh?  You seem very eager to forget Bush only acted because of the murder of thousands of American civilians in New York.
LOL!!
Yeah, by sending more americans to their death then the 911 attacks.
Go figure.

By freeing millions of people from tyranny and beginning the dismantling of Al Qaeda that Obama is finishing.  America's soldiers and allies knew exactly what they were getting in to, and don't need you to spit on their accomplishments.
It's like I am actually experiencing a news announcement from a telescreen after Two Minutes Hate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 08:00:23 PM

Hiding murder of civilians, eh?  You seem very eager to forget Bush only acted because of the murder of thousands of American civilians in New York.
LOL!!
Go figure.

By freeing millions of people from tyranny and beginning the dismantling of Al Qaeda that Obama is finishing.  America's soldiers and allies knew exactly what they were getting in to, and don't need you to spit on their accomplishments.

Um, actually, when it came out that the CIA was cherry-picking evidence and sometimes outright lying, turns out not so much...
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:02:33 PM

LOL!!
Go figure.

By freeing millions of people from tyranny and beginning the dismantling of Al Qaeda that Obama is finishing.  America's soldiers and allies knew exactly what they were getting in to, and don't need you to spit on their accomplishments.

You mean the Al Qaeda that was trained and weaponized by the US to fight for them against the russians?
That Al Qaeda?

That has been slightly overstated.  Osama himself never directly received any funds from Americans.  Most of the funding for the fighters came through middlemen in Pakistan, and that is the country to look towards for training and weaponizing Al Qaeda, as if the fact that they sheltered  Osama for ten years after the attack was not evidence enough for that.  Again, the world is complex, sometimes reality just doesn't fall into the neat little anti-American storyline you wish it did.  It may be satisfying to hate on America, but when you ignore Pakistan you are again giving the true criminals a free pass.

It's like I am actually experiencing a news announcement from a telescreen after Two Minutes Hate.

Are you saying Al Qaeda was an imaginary threat?  Again, the thousands of people they murdered around the world might take issue with that.  In Atlas world I guess they just stop murdering on their own without need for military action because he was going to give them a flower or something.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
­­­Atlas_

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:03:20 PM

Remember, we hate America for its 'freedom'.
­­­Atlas_

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:06:29 PM

LOL!!
Go figure.

You mean the Al Qaeda that was trained and weaponized by the US to fight for them against the russians?
That Al Qaeda?

That has been slightly overstated.  Osama himself never directly received any funds from Americans.  Most of the funding for the fighters came through middlemen in Pakistan, and that is the country to look towards for training and weaponizing Al Qaeda, as if the fact that they sheltered  Osama for ten years after the attack was not evidence enough for that.  Again, the world is complex, sometimes reality just doesn't fall into the neat little anti-American storyline you wish it did.  It may be satisfying to hate on America, but when you ignore Pakistan you are again giving the true criminals a free pass.

Are you saying Al Qaeda was an imaginary threat?  Again, the thousands of people they murdered around the world might take issue with that.  In Atlas world I guess they just stop murdering on their own without need for military action because he was going to give them a flower or something.

Whether they are imaginary or not, I don't know. However, they were a good excuse to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of soldiers and civilians in the name of corporate and banking interests.
Rarity

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:08:28 PM

Whether they are imaginary or not, I don't know.

Nick Berg knows.  Sorry, knew.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:12:01 PM

LOL!!
Go figure.

That Al Qaeda?

History fail.
I was talking about the US seeding Al Qaeda during the cold war.

And i think the world is indeed complex, just much much more complex than your media screen allows you to see.
One of the privileges of living outside the US is seing the whole propaganda machine spin up and do it's work.
The real question about pakistan is why is it a problem in the first place.
Down the rabbit hole you go..
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:13:49 PM

Anyways, the losses of 9/11 could of been prevented if the government acted on previous information. The government knew about the attacks before they happened! This could of all been avoided.

And now you sweep away the guilt of the terrorists who murdered thousands and put the blame on Americans, the victims of the attack.  

The terrorists who blew up the Twin Towers are at fault for their actions. The US Government which has been occupying, invading, and interfering in the Middle East for decades prior to 2001 is at fault for its actions.

You seem to think this conflict started ten years ago... the fact is that bin Laden attacked the US specifically because he opposed US actions in the Middle East. Read bin Laden's letter which was released shortly after the attack. Or do you only read the information the US officially puts out?

It is the US Government's policy which led to the attacks in 2001. The lesson we learned was, interfere even further in the Middle East, and waste trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives in the process.

And you, Rarity, want to steal my money to pay for that. Pretty uncivil of you.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 08:15:12 PM

And yet, despite the continuing wars, Bitcoin still continued to go up in value over the last two years (don't know how they are related, just trying to steer towards the OP)
Rarity

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:17:47 PM

History fail.

So am I, you are the one who is ignorant of history and especially the long history of interference in Afghanistan by Pakistan.  Please educate yourself before attempting to engage on this issue any further.  Start at the most basic of Google searches.

During Operation Cyclone from 1979 to 1989, the United States provided financial aid and weapons to the mujahideen leaders[70] through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_laden#Mujahideen_in_Afghanistan

The ISI was and is the problem.  America's direct involvement in Afghanistan was limited, they used Pakistani middlemen and they funneled in the aid.  

You seem to think this conflict started ten years ago... the fact is that bin Laden attacked the US specifically because he opposed US actions in the Middle East. Read bin Laden's letter which was released shortly after the attack. Or do you only read the information the US officially puts out?

The Unabomber wrote a bunch of stuff too, but in the end psycho terrorists who intentionally aim to kill civilians are just psycho terrorists.  They will find any excuse.  bin Laden did not speak for the people of the Arab world, as the Arab Spring has made very clear.

And you, Rarity, want to steal my money to pay for that. Pretty uncivil of you.

And YOU want to let psycho murderer religious nuts kill my family and get away with it without any response.

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:25:56 PM

History fail.

So am I, you are the one who is ignorant of history and especially the long history of interference in Afghanistan by Pakistan.  Please educate yourself before attempting to engage on this issue any further.  Start at the most basic of Google searches.

During Operation Cyclone from 1979 to 1989, the United States provided financial aid and weapons to the mujahideen leaders[70] through Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

The ISI was and is the problem.  America's direct involvement in Afghanistan was limited, they used Pakistani middlemen and they funneled in the aid.  

Yes, so because US used pakistan to fund a war, pakistan is the problem?
You don't see it as a problem that the US is manipulating countries to do their dirty work and when it all collapses they go out ans shoot some more themselfs?
:/
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 08:27:35 PM

Rarity, for being a Londoner, you sure do care a lot about dead 9/11 Americans and America's wars... Why is that?
Rarity

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:32:37 PM

History fail.

Yes, so because US used pakistan to fund a war, pakistan is the problem?
You don't see it as a problem that the US is manipulating countries to do their dirty work and when it all collapses they go out ans shoot some more themselfs?
:/

If the discussion is about creating and weaponizing Al Qaeda, yes, Pakistan was and is the problem.  America didn't let him live by one of their military bases for ten years, American agents didn't hand him weapons.

Insert Quote
Rarity, for being a Londoner, you sure do care a lot about dead 9/11 Americans and America's wars... Why is that?

I'm originally from Clearwater, Florida. I just work here. Tongue

People in England do care about 9/11 though, English people died in the attacks and London has not forgotten the 7/7 bombings either.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:36:34 PM

JoelKatz, Evorhees, and Gavin,

You got mad Bitcoin smarts. There are a bunch of rtards on this forum (anyone reading this is of course wicked brilliant, and beautiful if you are a lady, which you aren't...) so I'm glad to hear your well thought out and level-headed responses.

Aren't "THE SKY IS FALLING!" people annoying the crap out of you?
Have some sympathy for people who lost ALOT of their hard earned money.
­­­Atlas_

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:37:18 PM

You got mad Bitcoin smarts. There are a bunch of rtards on this forum (anyone reading this is of course wicked brilliant, and beautiful if you are a lady, which you aren't...) so I'm glad to hear your well thought out and level-headed responses.

We don't need any sympathy. We'll make it back.
Rarity

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:39:45 PM

We don't need any sympathy. We'll make it back.

For once we are in agreement here.  Bitcoin will inevitably be going back up in price.  As long as you don't sell out now you haven't lost anything in the long term.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:43:17 PM

The Unabomber wrote a bunch of stuff too, but in the end psycho terrorists who intentionally aim to kill civilians are just psycho terrorists.  They will find any excuse.

And YOU want to let psycho murderer religious nuts kill my family and get away with it without any response.

Ponder on those two statements for a while, Rarity. Many of the 9/11 hijackers were motivated by the fact that US military forces had blown up their family members.

Why is it okay for you to go abroad killing innocent people to avenge your family, but it is not okay for a Muslim to do the same?

3,000 innocent Americans were killed in the 9/11 attack. Tens of thousands of innocent Muslims have been killed in retribution.

Perhaps you'll realize some day that murdering a civilian is never okay, regardless of the skin color of the murderer.
Rarity

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:44:20 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2011, 09:07:33 PM by Rarity

Many of the 9/11 hijackers were motivated by the fact that US military forces had blown up their family members.

Cite this claim.  Which of the hijackers?  Where and when did their family die?
-

Regardless, the US military does not target civilians and when civilians die the problem is investigated.  There is some collateral damage, often brought on by terrorists hiding in civilian areas intentionally or dictators intentionally creating a propaganda coup, but it is never the goal of US to intentionally target civilians to make a political point.  It is deeply offensive you compare the US Military who fights for the freedom of the world every day to cold blooded murderers.

Let me guess, you get your war news from this guy?

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 08:52:02 PM

For those people the sky has already fell. The only ones talking about the sky falling are likely the ones that have no investment in Bitcoin, nor interest in it succeeding.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:51:06 PM

I look forward to revolutions in these countries as well, their time will come.
Of course, their time will come. We have to only wait for their oil fields to dry up... But I'm not sure which one will be first, the revolution in Saudi Arabia or the revolution in the US?

Egypt proved the West doesn't always have to intervene.
Egypt proved you have no idea what is happening now in Egypt. The censored media won't show you burning churches and dozens of dead bodies of Coptic Christians as the military crushed a Christian protest recently.

By freeing millions of people from tyranny
I'd suggest you start freeing millions of people from tyranny in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Start bombing, send missiles there and bring democracy! Keep the troops in the region. Bringing troops home is dangerous for it will further deteriorate unemployment situation and probably create the military wing of the OWS movement?!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: