June 17, 2024, 12:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009214 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:20:13 AM

2 satoshi bidwall on mintpal is crumbling.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:24:42 AM

ARRRGH!

The attack has re-started, my 2-buffer has been eaten up, we're only 17 million Zee away from hitting fucking 1 again (0.35btc) and there's NOTHING I can do right now to help.

SOMEBODY really wants to buy a shedload @ 1

Maybe we should let them, and just ride the wave when they pump?

No, fuck that, MY Zeit are staying locked in my wallet until 2015, even if the second coming or the apocalypse happens before then!

I HAVE ABSOLUTE FAITH IN THIS COIN

- even more so because a pod of sperm are holding it low by force to scare it out of the hands of the faithless  Roll Eyes

Maybe they are actually doing us a favour?

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:25:37 AM

I got it.

...or rather I will if & when mintpal ever loads a page. Seems like they're having issues.
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:40:06 AM

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW...

... what our forum members already should know:-

Zeitcoin & Winevirus have already began to investigate the issue & take action.

A public statement/updates will be made ONLY when they are absolutely certain that the code is 'sanity-checked'.

Please concentrate on what YOU can do, leave the tech-stuff to the experts Smiley

Thanks for the response. I hope the plan isn't to abandon btctalk as an information outlet. I'm on the zeitcoin forums and think they're beautiful, but I can't keep up with all the information I'd like to as there aren't enough hours in the day. If the information sources become fragmented more information will be missed.

Not asking critical questions with regard to cryptos is a recipe for disaster.

+1

Obviously this channel won't be 'abandoned', but it does get somewhat tiresome having to answer the same question again and again and again because most people here don't read back beyond the current page (if even that!) before posting.

On OUR forum - designed & maintained for those people who really are interested in more than just the sale price of the coin +/or general FUD - information is laid out in a manner which is easy to find & easy to comment on without it getting lost in the background clutter.

And of course, there are things which those 'true zeiters' need to discuss away from here, due to the number of Quislings & fair-weather friends here.

As time goes on, the balance will swing more & more toward the forum - ESPECIALLY when the coin starts reaching out to a wider audience than those BCTalk members who occasionally look in here.

We are NOT 'just another coin'.

We are going to change the world.

Not just the alt-coin world but the really-real world.

I hope everybody understands that Grin

There are some coins trying to 'change the world' right now such as Auroracoin, Mazacoin... The concept of these coins is either taking banks (like the Iceland Central bank) or institutions (like the US Federal govt) head on... But Zeitcoin on the other hand, just seems like a fanclub for people that watched the movies. More than a superficial link to something such as the Venus Project would help as well.

As it is I don't see a reason to support this coin. And I have edited together a version of the Zeitgeist films (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL38F982A25DC690C0) and promoted it both on my channel and on a website I used to run so it's not as though I haven't done anything for this Zeitgeist 'movement'. If I'm missing something then by all means fill me in.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:17:23 AM

There are some coins trying to 'change the world' right now such as Auroracoin, Mazacoin... The concept of these coins is either taking banks (like the Iceland Central bank) or institutions (like the US Federal govt) head on... But Zeitcoin on the other hand, just seems like a fanclub for people that watched the movies. More than a superficial link to something such as the Venus Project would help as well.

As it is I don't see a reason to support this coin. And I have edited together a version of the Zeitgeist films (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL38F982A25DC690C0) and promoted it both on my channel and on a website I used to run so it's not as though I haven't done anything for this Zeitgeist 'movement'. If I'm missing something then by all means fill me in.

You could say the same about nearly any crypto. Is litecoin changing the world? I don't see how, it's not even asic resistant anymore, yet it has the second highest market cap. You specifically mentioned Auroracoin, but many see that coin and it's 50% premine as a dubious proposition at best. The coins are going to be airdropped to the little people of Iceland? Really? Seems like it could do a great deal more harm than good if the original plan isn't seen through. Mazacoin is permanently inflationary and it's value is on a steady decline. Sure any of these could change the world, but it seems unlikely. I don't see that they have any greater chance to do so than Zeitcoin.

I can't speak for others, but I like Zeitcoin's specifications. I like the hybrid pow/pos distribution model and the potential energy savings they represent and yes I like the Zeitgeist inspired theme as well.
dragonseer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:46:03 AM

You could say the same about nearly any crypto. Is litecoin changing the world? I don't see how, it's not even asic resistant anymore, yet it has the second highest market cap. You specifically mentioned Auroracoin, but many see that coin and it's 50% premine as a dubious proposition at best. The coins are going to be airdropped to the little people of Iceland? Really? Seems like it could do a great deal more harm than good if the original plan isn't seen through. Mazacoin is permanently inflationary and it's value is on a steady decline. Sure any of these could change the world, but it seems unlikely. I don't see that they have any greater chance to do so than Zeitcoin.

I can't speak for others, but I like Zeitcoin's specifications. I like the hybrid pow/pos distribution model and the potential energy savings they represent and yes I like the Zeitgeist inspired theme as well.

But that's all it is though, a 'theme'. If you support the message of the Zeitgeist films, then you should support coins that actually pose a threat to the powers that be. Auroracoin is taking a unique approach to eventually replacing a nation's fiat currency. The nation in question is well targeted, given their problems in the past with banks and with restrictive controls on their money movements. Likewise for Mazacoin there is a message with the coin that the sovereignty of Native tribes reservations has not been respected and the currency is a step forward for their independence. Zeitcoin has nothing but a superficial attachment to the thing it is supposed to represent, so anyone that thinks holding ZEIT is some kind of political statement is just fooling themselves.

podizzle

Activity: 535

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:11:27 AM

But that's all it is though, a 'theme'. If you support the message of the Zeitgeist films, then you should support coins that actually pose a threat to the powers that be. Auroracoin is taking a unique approach to eventually replacing a nation's fiat currency. The nation in question is well targeted, given their problems in the past with banks and with restrictive controls on their money movements. Likewise for Mazacoin there is a message with the coin that the sovereignty of Native tribes reservations has not been respected and the currency is a step forward for their independence. Zeitcoin has nothing but a superficial attachment to the thing it is supposed to represent, so anyone that thinks holding ZEIT is some kind of political statement is just fooling themselves.

zeitcoin is 1 month old and you want it to bring down the powers already? have a little patience.
dragonseer

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:18:52 AM

zeitcoin is 1 month old and you want it to bring down the powers already? have a little patience.

No, I want to see why it matters at all.. I'm posting here in case someone with an interest in activism is motivated to get behind another coin, or else tell me what Zeitcoin's goals are because it isn't obvious to me.

Aosilu Houdali

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:21:21 AM

Anyone else following the Zeitcoin twitter looks like we have some whales ready to do a pump on cryptsy could be good lets all support him.
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:52:50 AM

Many people in here want a quick up of the price for our coin and is obvious why.Dump the coins.Ok you don`t have faith for the coin why don`t you sell them and leave us to do what`s the best for coin????This coin needs support and the dev crew and supporters do whatever they can to make Zeitcoin a great coin.
Bluemustang

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:55:15 AM

Many people in here want a quick up of the price for our coin and is obvious why.Dump the coins.Ok you don`t have faith for the coin why don`t you sell them and leave us to do what`s the best for coin????This coin needs support and the dev crew and supporters do whatever they can to make Zeitcoin a great coin.

Right because doing nothing (planning pumps, starting multipool etc) and letting the coin drop to 1sat or even remove the 1sat buy wall will really let the coin flourish  Roll Eyes
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:01:50 AM

A multipool soon i think it will start
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:35:38 AM

Any update on the heartbleed bug fix for the wallet?
solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:42:19 AM

Said they were looking into it a couple pages back. There may be more info on their progress at the zeitcoin forums. I haven't checked there for updates yet.
podizzle

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:57:16 PM

Said they were looking into it a couple pages back. There may be more info on their progress at the zeitcoin forums. I haven't checked there for updates yet.

its relatively safe for coin wallets. if youre feeling paranoid just keep the wallet off for a week
podizzle

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:01:51 PM

big sell wall at 1685 satoshis!  Cheesy
thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:37:41 PM

Huh are we talking about the same coin...
benedictlol

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:38:21 PM

sadly the wall at 3 will never disappear. I think I may be getting rid of my Zeit today, just don't see it ever going anywhere. :/
thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:44:52 PM

sadly the wall at 3 will never disappear. I think I may be getting rid of my Zeit today, just don't see it ever going anywhere. :/
Great! I love all those positive minds... Relax, if it doesn't happen today it will tomorrow or next week. Zeit is manipulated, and that can only mean two things - someone wants this coin off the market - someone wants to make a huge profit. The latter is more likely.
benedictlol

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:55:35 PM

big sell wall at 1685 satoshis!  Cheesy

Great! I love all those positive minds... Relax, if it doesn't happen today it will tomorrow or next week. Zeit is manipulated, and that can only mean two things - someone wants this coin off the market - someone wants to make a huge profit. The latter is more likely.

it's not a matter of being positive or negative. this is about making/losing money Tongue In what way is it being manipulated bro, all I can see is a 20 BTC wall that nobody wants to, or even can break - is it one person, or multiple people, we don't know. If one, then yeah this is being manipulated, it multiple, maybe not so much. If that wall at 2 goes, it'll be back within 24 hours I'm sure of it.

edit: I mined from launch believing that this coin would be involved in some way to the Zeitgeist Movement - pretty sure that didn't happen, does this coin have anything else going for it? :/ I can hold a little while longer but if it doesn't move, what's the point?
Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: