May 07, 2024, 06:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009207 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thsminer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:10:59 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 02:23:04 PM by thsminer

big sell wall at 1685 satoshis!  Cheesy

sadly the wall at 3 will never disappear. I think I may be getting rid of my Zeit today, just don't see it ever going anywhere. :/
Great! I love all those positive minds... Relax, if it doesn't happen today it will tomorrow or next week. Zeit is manipulated, and that can only mean two things - someone wants this coin off the market - someone wants to make a huge profit. The latter is more likely.

it's not a matter of being positive or negative. this is about making/losing money Tongue In what way is it being manipulated bro, all I can see is a 20 BTC wall that nobody wants to, or even can break - is it one person, or multiple people, we don't know. If one, then yeah this is being manipulated, it multiple, maybe not so much. If that wall at 2 goes, it'll be back within 24 hours I'm sure of it.

edit: I mined from launch believing that this coin would be involved in some way to the Zeitgeist Movement - pretty sure that didn't happen, does this coin have anything else going for it? :/ I can hold a little while longer but if it doesn't move, what's the point?

I agree completely about the involvement, but there are a dozen coins out there with less involvement and at least some price movement. I've scraped a quarter billion Zeit together in the past weeks and just gona sit and wait to see what happens. If it doesn't move, I'll wait. If it rises, I'll wait till it drops and if it starts to shows severe signs of fatigue I get the hell outoff here. So for the moment that 3 sat wall doesn't bother me.

{you know what really annoys me is editing the header every time beause it's over 80 chars} Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuloch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

Any plans on making a Zeitcoin Multipool? It seems to be the in thing Cheesy

It would also eat up all those sell walls and make the coin actually worth something, After it hits 1 Zeit per block no one will mine anymore, why will they when they can just buy at 2 - 3 sat (or not since it's not worth holding right now).

Mulitpools have been mentioned about a dozen times in the last 100 pages. The general thinking is they help destroy smaller coins so if you want one, build it, if you can't build it, find someone who can. Some of us who have been very active on this thread and are now very active on the Zeit forums (link in my sig) don't think a mulitpool is a good idea. If you want Zeit, buy it and POS it.

Great coin
Worthy of more people to have
It believed its future

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BCc7XkRRbzy7cJkg4QTrA7JzseTAHgmc2A
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:05:42 PM

OFFICIAL WORD ABOUT ZEITCOIN (WALLET) & THE HEARTBLEED BUG

As far as we can be certain, there are NO issues with the default wallet -

(as is the case with most other alt-coins)

The problem is with the (system installed) SSL library, so if you update your system you should be safe from HeartBleed.

You SHOULD have version 1.0.1g of the SSL library after the update.

If you find the installed file is called libssl.so.1.0.0 you may need to check the package manager of your O.S./distro.

You could of course use a custom build of openssl-1.0.1g & link against that library, especially those using any versions of the Linux OS.

I repeat - these is NO specific issue with the default Zeit wallet that needs fixed or patched or anything else. Just practice good general computer security & there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks to the technical team at the community forum for this information Grin

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
kuloch

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:15:37 PM

Anyone else following the Zeitcoin twitter looks like we have some whales ready to do a pump on cryptsy could be good lets all support him.

This is not a good thing?
We all hope so
The gas zeitcoin

Smiley Smiley

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
kuloch

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:17:04 PM

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW...

... what our forum members already should know:-

Zeitcoin & Winevirus have already began to investigate the issue & take action.

A public statement/updates will be made ONLY when they are absolutely certain that the code is 'sanity-checked'.

Please concentrate on what YOU can do, leave the tech-stuff to the experts Smiley

Thanks for the good news
I decided to wait until after the solution
Began to buy

gimmezeit

Activity: 93

Have a ZEIT, have a kitkat.

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:23:59 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 04:55:38 PM by gimmezeit

The problem is with the (system installed) SSL library, so if you update your system you should be safe from HeartBleed.

If you find the installed file is called libssl.so.1.0.0 you may need to check the package manager of your O.S./distro.

You could of course use a custom build of openssl-1.0.1g & link against that library, especially those using any versions of the Linux OS.

I repeat - this is NO specific issue with the default Zeit wallet that needs fixed or patched or anything else. Just practice good general computer security & there's nothing to worry about.

+1 Wink

I can not say for sure if it only needs an updated system since there may be binary distributions that use a prepackaged ssl library. But that would surprise me since the library exists on almost any system and in general would be bad practice.

Probably winevirus can say something definitive about this.

In any case the network size of ZEIT is still roughly the same. Down to 250 of the usual 320 on average.

Even if your system is vulnerable. The coin core protocol is not affected. Opening wallets, sending/receiving coins is no problem. Your browser however may be a risk for your whole computer.

http://heartbleed.com/

Even if it looks like it. >> I'm NOT THE DEV <<
-
This was useful? Glad to be of help! Smiley Share some ZEIT? MduTKn3TKpzU9NoAHTBchzAtscFN8HFjXz
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:29:03 PM

This coin's inflation rate recently fell by over 78k coins/block to 1/block. Oddly it's not until after that event that the coin dumps really got rolling. I know because I've accumulated more than 1% of the total money supply since that time merely by erecting low ball bid walls on cryptsy. It seems odd that there should be so much dumping on a coin with a healthy 25% stake rate and such a tiny block reward, but at any rate these dumpers will run out of coins to dump and the price will stabilize. The maths for indefinite dumping do not work with a 1 coin block reward and such a low price. I'm standing pat while these guys punch themselves out.
gimmezeit

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:30:47 PM

This coin's inflation rate recently fell by over 78k coins/block to 1/block. Oddly it's not until after that event that the coin dumps really got rolling. I know because I've accumulated more than 1% of the total money supply since that time merely by erecting low ball bid walls on cryptsy. It seems odd that there should be so much dumping on a coin with a healthy 25% stake rate and such a tiny block reward, but at any rate these dumpers will run out of coins to dump and the price will stabilize. The maths for indefinite dumping do not work with a 1 coin block reward and such a low price. I'm standing pat while these guys punch themselves out.

I aim a the same.
Just as with BTC, a low price is not bad if you feel like buying once in a while. Smiley
* gimmezeit is watching happily...
edit:  "/me" irc code works in here rofl

-
This was useful? Glad to be of help! Smiley Share some ZEIT? MduTKn3TKpzU9NoAHTBchzAtscFN8HFjXz
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:52:16 PM

Just feel like saying again what I've said so many times since launch...

This was, is & shall be a coin for the long term, not for the 'espresso traders'.

With 25% 'interest' in the first year & 20% in the second, who thinks it's right or even sane to do anything other than grab more of it while it's still being held so low?

I'm going to offer a one-million Zeit bounty, to be distributed on 1st September 2015, split equally amongst everyone who (honestly) posts

"I wish I'd understood the dynamics of this coin better & NOT sold all my stash so cheap coz I was too much of an impatient moron to hold on to them like I should have done".

During the week before the distro.

I'm serious.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Bluemustang

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:22:17 PM

I repeat - these is NO specific issue with the default Zeit wallet that needs fixed or patched or anything else. Just practice good general computer security & there's nothing to worry about.

If this is a computer issue and not a wallet issue then why do i see so many other coins releasing updates for this problem?

Also you said "update your system" update what exactly?  And where do i find that SSL file to see which version i have?
solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:23:50 PM

This was, is & shall be a coin for the long term, not for the 'espresso traders'.

With 25% 'interest' in the first year & 20% in the second, who thinks it's right or even sane to do anything other than grab more of it while it's still being held so low?

I'm going to offer a one-million Zeit bounty, to be distributed on 1st September 2015, split equally amongst everyone who (honestly) posts

"I wish I'd understood the dynamics of this coin better & NOT sold all my stash so cheap coz I was too much of an impatient moron to hold on to them like I should have done".

During the week before the distro.

I'm serious.

That seems rather harsh. There are so many coins now it's impossible to keep up without spending large chunks of your days in research...a commitment many cannot make. Though I agree with your perspective, Zeitcoin is just one drop in the ocean of alts to many.
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:36:01 PM

That seems rather harsh. There are so many coins now it's impossible to keep up without spending large chunks of your days in research...a commitment many cannot make. Though I agree with your perspective, Zeitcoin is just one drop in the ocean of alts to many.

Well, maybe our first task is to educate those people that they really SHOULD make an effort to understand what they are mining?

I 'got into' cryptos in order to get Btc to buy weed on the darknet, but have since chosen to become a much more sophisticated, efficient & knowledgeable coiner.

- I've gone so far as to forswear my 'erb in favour of making my future more secure, even though that REALLY hurts right now. (10 days totally 'straight')

If I can do it, anyone else can - I'm not special.

solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:52:02 PM

Well, maybe our first task is to educate those people that they really SHOULD make an effort to understand what they are mining?

I 'got into' cryptos in order to get Btc to buy weed on the darknet, but have since chosen to become a much more sophisticated, efficient & knowledgeable coiner.

- I've gone so far as to forswear my 'erb in favour of making my future more secure, even though that REALLY hurts right now. (10 days totally 'straight')

If I can do it, anyone else can - I'm not special.

lol

I feel ya. Everyone has different priorities and commitments though. Heck SOME people are even afraid to get on a motorcycle. As a fellow rider, I'm sure you find the irrational fear of two wheels as baffling as I do. Cheesy
Peace.
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:28:34 PM

If this is a computer issue and not a wallet issue then why do i see so many other coins releasing updates for this problem?

Also you said "update your system" update what exactly?  And where do i find that SSL file to see which version i have?

Yes, please clarify. I don't think it is true to just update the system and not the specific wallet. Check on every page of bitcointalk.org - A warning about the bug, plus an update for the bitcoin client. So if all would be alright to just update the computer, how comes all active coins update their wallets.

Check out this thread that lists exactly which coins already updated their wallets (and thus are seen as more active and reliable)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563790.0
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:54:42 PM

multipooooooooool  Kiss
solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:57:28 PM

Not every coin wallet is vulnerable to heartbleed. Zeitcoin wallet is indeed using OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013, but that doesn't automatically mean it's vulnerable as I understand it. That said, mint devs updated their wallet yesterday...
gimmezeit

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:09:20 PM

The ZEIT wallet IS in a way vulnerable that i bet none of you is using because you have not heard of the feature AND use it in that specific way.

If you use the RPC port, have RPCSSL enabled AND use the RPC port naked on the outside of your machine or to the internet (i don't know why anybody would ever do that, but whatever) then yes, your wallet is fucked. Otherwise. Nothing changes.

But of course there is that feature. So sooner or later all the coins will update their wallets. I will not go on to explain linking against different libraries (which is the reason that should motivate you to update your system). If this is not enough for you. Get the wallet source and compile it against openssl-1.0.1g. Done.

-
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:17:32 PM

Yes, please clarify. I don't think it is true to just update the system and not the specific wallet. Check on every page of bitcointalk.org - A warning about the bug, plus an update for the bitcoin client. So if all would be alright to just update the computer, how comes all active coins update their wallets.

Check out this thread that lists exactly which coins already updated their wallets (and thus are seen as more active and reliable)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563790.0

Hmm...

A Thread started by a Doge-ist, with Doge on top despite not being the first to update?

As you said, "appearing" to have active & reliable Devs?

More FUD I suspect Wink

But hey, I am NOT a coder/programmer/developer, I can only go by what I'm told by those who know MUCH more than me on the subject.

For sure I'm MUCH more worried about the effects of the bug on my online banking.

I did some googling & found useful info on how to secure my Win7 O/S (including a link to an executable patch) here - http://www.mirc.co.uk/ssl.html

If I hear anything that is 'need to know', of course I'll post it here.

Until then...

solarion

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:23:17 PM

Lots of people have been exposed to information about openssl vulnerabilities in the last couple days. Particularly since the detailed response from the bitcoin devs was released. The threat is miniscule to non-existant, but the solution is already available. The reluctance of zeitcoin devs to simply recompile the wallet with an updated openssl library is mind boggling. This is a young coin and people are gauging the effectiveness of each coin's dev team based on their response to this issue.

Fix it. Release updated wallet. Bask in praise.

Don't fix it and tell everyone to get bent and compile their own wallet and people will bail. Not exactly what this coin needs at this time.

Zeitcoin devs are not exactly inspiring confidence.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

I am curious too is wallet safe while using openSSL?
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: