Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix  (Read 5159 times)
Minsc (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 06:05:36 AM

It is very close to the bottom!  What we need to figure out is where the bottom price is.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 06:41:52 AM

Not quite, still a ways to go.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:21:13 AM

Traditional investments fail when the corporation is closed. Bitcoin will close when the last botminer and pool stops running. Not likely. Bitcoin is an idea that is too big to fail. Enjoy the second chance at becoming an early adopter.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:53:23 AM

Traditional investments fail when the corporation is closed. Bitcoin will close when the last botminer and pool stops running. Not likely. Bitcoin is an idea that is too big to fail. Enjoy the second chance at becoming an early adopter.

+1

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:09:20 AM

I think the bottom is likely going to be at $1.x, but it might be that it already hit the bottom. We'll see. Regardless, the downtrend is the active scenario until we don't have a new low for a month.

But I do agree with the OP, this is nothing new for Bitcoin. The currency and the economy behind it are still taking their baby steps. We will see x amount of months of a very low and more stable price, I think, and then after we get real developments in the economy, a new uptrend will form.

But without real developments it won't. There are not nearly enough people willing to drive it up based only on hype, not anymore.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 10:17:06 AM

I have not made any financial commitments to it, yet, but I believe the bottom will be well below $1/BTC.  The huge crash we've seen over the past couple of days, though, I doubt that's going to be typical of the ride down.  There will be more bouncing along and dropping, just as there has been for the past few weeks.
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 10:46:17 AM

Sorry, Matthew, I care about the price because I don't want to waste my money.  Having money is important to me.  I know I'm eccentric in this regard. Smiley
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:46:44 AM

Why do you guys care so much about the price? Bitcoin will live or die regardless of the price.
I worry somewhat because I do invest in Bitcoin. Nothing I can't afford to lose but still. But I'm doing other stuff as well, in fact I'm soon starting a company offering services related to Bitcoins. As far as the company is concerned a low and stable price is much better than a price that's continously declining. The decline has to stop, that's more important than at what point it stops.

The only thing I'm really worried about, regarding very low prices, is a non-secure hash rate. A price of below $1 could prove to be catastrophic for Bitcoin's technical security because with low hash rates the block chain becomes much easier to attack. This is why I really hope, as a supporter of Bitcoin, that the price doesn't go too low.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Minsc (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:01:15 PM

The only thing I'm really worried about, regarding very low prices, is a non-secure hash rate. A price of below $1 could prove to be catastrophic for Bitcoin's technical security because with low hash rates the block chain becomes much easier to attack. This is why I really hope, as a supporter of Bitcoin, that the price doesn't go too low.

Is this certain?  I asked in the technical forum once and while I don't understand any of it, it sounded like it didn't matter and the hash rate would have the same security.

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:08:12 PM

I don't care so much either about a low price per se as it's true Bitcoin should rather be used as a currency than a pure speculative target, but the problem is that low prices will make Bitcoin stand out less against other cryptocurrencies => 21 million limit my ass.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:10:40 PM

today is the day Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix
its happening now!

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 10:38:34 PM

today is the day Bitcoin will one day rise again like the phoenix
its happening now!

ZOMG!!! Buybuybuy!!11!!!!!1!!!!11

Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:08:56 AM

I will pay you $100 to take my HDD which holds my wallet.dat with 1 BTC on it because they are going to be ruled illegal soon and I don't want to get fucked over.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:26:33 AM

I think the best outcome of this will be that there won't be an "early adopter" argument again for a long time. My immediate friends who complained about it a few months ago are now waiting for the exchange rate to rise again to start buying. This at least proves that the argument was invalid all along. Yeah, I will be catching the "falling knife". Wink Though it's best to earn coins instead of buying them as always.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 08:07:11 AM

The second chance early adopter argument is bogus as long as the majority of miners aren't squeezed out and everybody thinks at the start of a new ralley that it is just another dead cat bounce.

I think the sign we are looking for are declining hashrates & rising prices at the same time.

Btw: Minsc why you suddenly have gone bullish? 2 weeks ago you posted tulip bubble graphs and now this???
Minsc (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:45:36 AM

Btw: Minsc why you suddenly have gone bullish? 2 weeks ago you posted tulip bubble graphs and now this???

It's stopped stagnating and gotten very low.

But I wouldn't buy until it gets to $1.

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:49:34 AM

The price isn't stagnating.  Yes it's crashing, but when it finally hits bottom, it means it's a good time to buy.

Now how do we know that in time? Jeff Bezos only needs to whisper the word "Bitcoin" and you buy @ 10.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Nic Dooce

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:10:10 PM

Yeah ! So true ! The Btc will start to fly in 2012 !
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:38:33 PM

I will pay you $100 to take my HDD which holds my wallet.dat with 1 BTC on it because they are going to be ruled illegal soon and I don't want to get fucked over.

Deal.
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:44:39 PM

Still predicting a 300% rally for bitcoin in 2012.  Can't pinpoint a target, but it could be 50c to $1.50,  $1.25 to nearly $4... One thing is certain, we're all* going to be RICH! 

*"All" may not include greedy speculators that donated money during the slide from $32 to $2.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: