Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze?  (Read 43735 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 04:00:03 PM

just to reiterate and update Fridays action in the REAL economy of stocks, commods, and bonds which i'm sure most of you here don't follow as closely as i do:

1.  stocks rallied big and broke up and out of a bear flag and look to rally for months.
2.  US Treasury bonds continue to be sold off unleashing HUGES sums of USD's looking for a new home.
3.  commodities like oil, gold, silver, and miners took off as well.
4.  the USD took a big dump meaning leverage has returned to the markets in general.  IOW, speculators are borrowing or shorting USD's to bid up investments of all kinds.

what professionals call this is the return of RISK ON.  which means all speculative investments like Bitcoin go back on the table and are targets of speculative froth.  its not surprising to me that we're seeing this 50% rally right now.  it makes total sense.  if you believe in Bitcoin, you should buy it now b/c there are plenty of others right behind you.  and they don't just come from the smallish Bitcoin community that we have here and that most of you assume are the only players in this space.

that huge bid wall thats following the price up is REAL.

I seriously doubt enough people will be attracted to bitcoin to sustain any kind of a rally, not to say anything of reaching new highs (or even $5, and certainly not $10 again), now that the project has been sufficiently humiliated.  It's just not going to happen.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 04:03:12 PM

RISK ON

Its like the 'Game On' mantra but for investors? ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 05:10:43 PM

Just wait.  Its coming...

It's coming  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2011, 05:17:42 PM

Cypherdoc, you nailed it.  Short squeeze in progress.  Body parts strewn everywhere. 

HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 06:19:58 PM

I see bitcoin going as low as $0.05-$0.10 per coin before it finally wipes out weirdos like you Cypher.  The concept of bitcoin is great, but its implementation is terrible and nobody is using it as a currency.  It's bound to lose virtually all of its value.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 06:25:49 PM

I see bitcoin going as low as $0.05-$0.10 per coin before it finally wipes out weirdos like you Cypher.  The concept of bitcoin is great, but its implementation is terrible and nobody is using it as a currency.  It's bound to lose virtually all of its value.

Well, I can't speak for anyones sanity, including my own most of the time. I can say that I have only used Bitcoin as currency. And will continue to do so no matter what the exchange price is as long as it holds 'value' to a buyer and a seller. And am sure i'm not alone....

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 06:26:55 PM

just to reiterate and update Fridays action in the REAL economy of stocks, commods, and bonds which i'm sure most of you here don't follow as closely as i do:

1.  stocks rallied big and broke up and out of a bear flag and look to rally for months.
2.  US Treasury bonds continue to be sold off unleashing HUGES sums of USD's looking for a new home.
3.  commodities like oil, gold, silver, and miners took off as well.
4.  the USD took a big dump meaning leverage has returned to the markets in general.  IOW, speculators are borrowing or shorting USD's to bid up investments of all kinds.

what professionals call this is the return of RISK ON.  which means all speculative investments like Bitcoin go back on the table and are targets of speculative froth.  its not surprising to me that we're seeing this 50% rally right now.  it makes total sense.  if you believe in Bitcoin, you should buy it now b/c there are plenty of others right behind you.  and they don't just come from the smallish Bitcoin community that we have here and that most of you assume are the only players in this space.

How long is this going to go on?  Do you believe in the European plan?  I am asking honestly - probably nobody believes the plan, but still the market rallies.
anu
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 06:41:12 PM

How long is this going to go on?  Do you believe in the European plan?  I am asking honestly - probably nobody believes the plan, but still the market rallies.

I think ppl are just getting out of bonds other than German and into stock and German bonds. What would you do as a Greek? Leave your money to the Greek govt to forcibly convert it to Drachme?

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 07:28:04 PM

1.  stocks rallied big and broke up and out of a bear flag and look to rally for months.
2.  US Treasury bonds continue to be sold off unleashing HUGES sums of USD's looking for a new home.
3.  commodities like oil, gold, silver, and miners took off as well.
4.  the USD took a big dump meaning leverage has returned to the markets in general.  IOW, speculators are borrowing or shorting USD's to bid up investments of all kinds.

what professionals call this is the return of RISK ON.  which means all speculative investments like Bitcoin go back on the table and are targets of speculative froth.  its not surprising to me that we're seeing this 50% rally right now.  it makes total sense.  if you believe in Bitcoin, you should buy it now b/c there are plenty of others right behind you.  and they don't just come from the smallish Bitcoin community that we have here and that most of you assume are the only players in this space.

the move out of US Treasuries is a game changer.  everyone knows the biggest debtor of all, the US of A can never pay back its debts.  if you look at the daily price chart of TLT its done a perfect double top after a huge run up in anticipation of Operation Twist.  it was a headfake and now all that money from the biggest bond bubble in history is flowing out looking for risk on plays, mainly in equities.  the US Treasury market is the largest on earth and the biggest in history, dwarfing the stock market.  alot of these USD's will go into currencies.

hedge funds, professional investors, banks all look at the potential investments on the table; stocks, bonds, commods, oil, gold/silver, miners, Bitcoin.  investors usually ask themselves whats overpriced, underpriced, cheap, expensive, overbought, oversold, etc.

i can easily see professional investors looking over the table:

Q:  whats this over here, Bitcoin?  i thought it was done?

A:  no, still hanging around.

Q:  didn't it get hacked?

A:  the exchange did but the source code didn't.

Q:  is Gavin still around?

A:  yes.

Q:  how about those other guys, Stefan Thomas, Amir Taaki, and Jeff Garzik?

A:  they're still there too.

Q:  God, i thought they would've given up by now if Bitcoin really was a ponzi.

A:  nope.

Q:  any improvements in security?

A:  tons.  consumers are now protected by encryption and mtgox hasn't suffered another attack.

Q:  really?  how much is it now?

A:  $2

Q:  you're kidding.  didn't you say it acts like gold?  a limited supply?

A:  yes

Q:  well, our gold/silver plays aren't doing so well.

A:  lets pour a few million into Bitcoin.  its oversold and maybe we can get a short squeeze going.
anu
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:01:24 PM

A:  lets pour a few million into Bitcoin.  its oversold and maybe we can get a short squeeze going.

I find it so amazing that the bears refuse to recognize that. There are probably a Million of  investors with sufficient funds to squash them without the effort really showing in their bank account.

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:05:13 PM

I find it so amazing that the bears refuse to recognize that. There are probably a Million of  investors with sufficient funds to squash them without the effort really showing in their bank account.

absolutely.  this is the residua of years of inflation with USD's and leverage floating around everywhere unfettered.  all it takes is just a wee bit of this to flow into Bitcoin and we will exceed the previous highs.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:06:27 PM

God, i love the smell of napalm.
Inedible

Activity: 686

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:19:41 PM

Have you invested everything you own into Bitcoin?

I'm not complaining - I'm holding Bitcoin myself.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood. 1N6rmaDiPf8ke3mx8217NykAMDZXkX713x
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:21:47 PM

Have you invested everything you own into Bitcoin?

I'm not complaining - I'm holding Bitcoin myself.

no, just a fraction.  but there's plenty more of where that came from.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 09:16:34 PM

For whatever it worth. Warning: crazy unfounded speculation below.

Wanna to hear some unconfirmed and crazy rumour?

Some Russian oligarch started accumulating some bitcoins today, bought like 8k BTC today so far. Perhaps going to accumulate some more and than make some announcements that some mironation accepts BTC as "official" currency.

Burn shorts! Burrn! lol.

-
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 09:35:40 PM

Some Russian oligarch started accumulating some bitcoins today, bought like 8k BTC today so far. Perhaps going to accumulate some more and than make some announcements that some mironation accepts BTC as "official" currency.

Burn shorts! Burrn! lol.

Source?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2011, 10:11:22 PM

Burn shorts! Burrn! lol.

Source?

His ass. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 10:14:43 PM

Source? lol!

A little bird told me.

This is a crazy rumour not a news. But hey maybe you should look around and it might not look that crazy all of the sudden.

-
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 10:48:18 PM

Source? lol!

A little bird told me.

This is a crazy rumour not a news. But hey maybe you should look around and it might not look that crazy all of the sudden.

Damn right. There are scouts in the music and sports industries who look for the Next Big ThingTM. They exist in finance as well, just less often as directly tied to the corporate infrastructure. Imagine their drooling gaze as they watch the Bitcoin economy fluctuate in ranges that easily generate 10-baggers while the rest of the world is grateful for gains of a few points.

As for it coming out of Russia, I'm not surprised; just look at the numerous Russian mega-millionaires and billionaires who made their fortunes in the precious metals markets over the past decade or so. That's a market which is nearly identical to Bitcoin...

Here's another source of demand for Bitcoin: divorcees seeking to protect their assets from predatory spouses. How many small investors have the means to sequester their funds away from the prying eyes of litigious attorneys? That takes a lot of planning and no small expense. Bitcoin makes this easy.
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 10:53:33 PM

Burn shorts! Burrn! lol.

Source?

First off, there are plenty of Russians invested in Bitcoin if Google is any indicator. Secondly, if this was truly a powerful oligarch jumping in why would he only do so at $8k? The folklore built up in the speculation forums are amusing but you can take 98% of it to be pure and utter bullshit.

Secondly, I like cypherdoc's fire and brimstone threads.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: