Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: How many of you Bears have ever been a victim of a Short Squeeze?  (Read 43736 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 07:42:11 PM

I would really like to see a bitcoin-gold p2p exchange.  Even biddingpond could be used for this.  We just need an active community of people who trade little bits of gold (small denominations), then we can easily convert between gold and bitcoins in small volumes.  Small volumes are more useful for everyday purchases.  We can then offer to pay people in gold.  I don't have any disposable USD, but I do have enough bitcoins to buy few grams at spot.  coinabul wants a $100 premium on 2.5g. Sad

Since for me as a merchant, BitCoins are mostly a way to move money, I don't have much to chime in discussion-wise. But if you'd like to buy smallish amounts of valuables, why don't you give me a try: BitCoinCommodities.com

Also: every one of you is probably right - it's just a  matter of time :-D

Just to set the record straight, you mis-quoted me.

But I will chime in to point out that the (mis-quoted) text is exactly why I continue to feel that calls for Bitcoin to only be used for buying shit are misguided at this time.  I'm not going to be ripped off on trinkets just for the sake of 'supporting' the Bitcoin project, especially when the buyer takes on a hell of a lot of the risk when using Bitcoin relative to using something with a charge-back potential.  (I just got back from a pleasant transaction obtaining the material in question and payed a premium of around 13% which was exceptionally high because I wanted specialty items.  My risk of getting ripped off was near zero, and I got to evaluate the items before my money was taken.)

And I would posit that if it were not for 'hoarders', the current rate of inflation in Bitcoin would render it's value vastly less than what we see today.  There are, I feel, legitimate arguments for a much lower value of BTC being a good thing, but I hear next to nobody trying to make them.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCcommodities

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 08:23:27 PM

I would really like to see a bitcoin-gold p2p exchange.  Even biddingpond could be used for this.  We just need an active community of people who trade little bits of gold (small denominations), then we can easily convert between gold and bitcoins in small volumes.  Small volumes are more useful for everyday purchases.  We can then offer to pay people in gold.  I don't have any disposable USD, but I do have enough bitcoins to buy few grams at spot.  coinabul wants a $100 premium on 2.5g. Sad

Since for me as a merchant, BitCoins are mostly a way to move money, I don't have much to chime in discussion-wise. But if you'd like to buy smallish amounts of valuables, why don't you give me a try: BitCoinCommodities.com

Also: every one of you is probably right - it's just a  matter of time :-D

Just to set the record straight, you mis-quoted me.

But I will chime in to point out that the (mis-quoted) text is exactly why I continue to feel that calls for Bitcoin to only be used for buying shit are misguided at this time.  I'm not going to be ripped off on trinkets just for the sake of 'supporting' the Bitcoin project, especially when the buyer takes on a hell of a lot of the risk when using Bitcoin relative to using something with a charge-back potential.  (I just got back from a pleasant transaction obtaining the material in question and payed a premium of around 13% which was exceptionally high because I wanted specialty items.  My risk of getting ripped off was near zero, and I got to evaluate the items before my money was taken.)

And I would posit that if it were not for 'hoarders', the current rate of inflation in Bitcoin would render it's value vastly less than what we see today.  There are, I feel, legitimate arguments for a much lower value of BTC being a good thing, but I hear next to nobody trying to make them.

Sorry, I didn't check the quote before submitting the post, if I changed your meaning, or attributed a post to you that wasn't, I apologize.

I truly don't care if I sell my Gold for 1BTC or for 10BTC, as long as I can turn it around making a profit.

Because the truth of the matter is: Shit is calculated in USD! That's not likely to change. All I do (besides the above) is give people an outlet other than MTGOX or their secure vault wallet. So I add a couple of transactions (customer -> store -> bitmarket or my wallet) which earn miners a wee bit and help to diversify the market (Germans buying BitCoins I received from South Americans etc etc).

As for transaction safety: My business is registered with German Tax Authorities, I have my adress and my real name out there. If you deal with shady outlets and get ripped off, that sucks. I am doing everything in my power to satisfy my customers.

Also: Any purchase on the internet requires a little faith, I guess.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:36:33 PM

Sorry, I didn't check the quote before submitting the post, if I changed your meaning, or attributed a post to you that wasn't, I apologize.

I truly don't care if I sell my Gold for 1BTC or for 10BTC, as long as I can turn it around making a profit.

Because the truth of the matter is: Shit is calculated in USD! That's not likely to change. All I do (besides the above) is give people an outlet other than MTGOX or their secure vault wallet. So I add a couple of transactions (customer -> store -> bitmarket or my wallet) which earn miners a wee bit and help to diversify the market (Germans buying BitCoins I received from South Americans etc etc).

As for transaction safety: My business is registered with German Tax Authorities, I have my adress and my real name out there. If you deal with shady outlets and get ripped off, that sucks. I am doing everything in my power to satisfy my customers.

Also: Any purchase on the internet requires a little faith, I guess.

I didn't mean to (and did not) dog on your service specifically.  After having a peek at your site it seems like your prices are not totally out-of-line, though it is in fact the case that I can obtain the same items with less expense, more speed, and more safety at this time.  That is a simple fact of life even if the 'must use Bitcoin only for buying stuff right now' people don't want to face up to it.

I hope that your business succeeds and may in fact patronize it someday.  I have a bad feeling, though, that at about the time it is truly needed it will become unavailable.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 10:30:37 PM

I was trying to make them much earlier, but everyone just hounded me with "bear" label, and I realized it was because I didn't fit into one of the main molds around here: self-important nerds, scam artists, and ideologues who could care less about rationale.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 07:14:11 AM

1. The long term average trend line is up now.  The price had once been so low for a few days, and the price has been staying up front 3.00 for such a long time.

2. Temporarily, we are not in a dead cross danger in the next week.

3. If the price is going up in the next few days, we will be seeing a golden cross.

3. The average media are now seem to past the first stage of knowing bitcoin. Now they start to accept bitcoin as one part of this world. One may use it, have it, or not. It's already a choice now.

P.S.

Will you people stop humiliating each other? This is speculation board, not bitching board.

Is there anyone know what's the popular idea of the venture capital funds in Silicon Valley towards bitcoin?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 12:25:35 PM

If the price is going up in the next few days, we will be seeing a golden cross.

Can you post here where you see a potential golden cross? (which chart, which averages, which timescale? thank you

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 02:54:22 PM

Is there anyone know what's the popular idea of the venture capital funds in Silicon Valley towards bitcoin?

I don't know it, but the current price of Bitcoin gives a clue: If I were an investor believing in Bitcoin, I'd buy up a considerable amount even before investing in a business. Since the market capitalization is currently at a meager 25 Million, we can conclude that this is not happening. May happen any time, though. Some serious investors do watch Bitcoin. But they don't trust it enough so far to buy for even for a tiny amount like $10M.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 02:57:48 PM

well.. I think the 15k+ $3 wall having been destroyed in matter of few hours might have hid the cross from view for the time being.. unless this is a false breakout.

I really hope this time going down we find the real bottom. It would be bad to lose even more miners when it's perfect time for them in winter also.

Once we turn this around, we can all enjoy some family time during the holiday season with a hope for a happy bitcoin new year to wrap the bubble up.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 03:48:53 PM

massive shift in bids across the mountain towards price.  lotsa buyers.

keep shorting into it please. Wink

When I read this, I actually did short into it.

A+, great service, would use again  Grin

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 10:32:46 PM

USD opens LOWER.  apparently markets like what coming out of Europe.  if this holds that means assets will rally tomorrow including Bitcoin.  look out...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 10:44:06 PM

Haven't you been saying this for like a month now?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 10:54:41 PM

I am beginning to suspect cyperdoc is some sort of art project, of the remaining SA trolls. Or possibly acquired during the gosby hack... almost seems too cheesy to be true. I don't want to believe someone could be this delusional.  Huh
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 10:56:11 PM

I was out of town all weekend.  So, did we rally yet...oh...lawl!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 10:57:06 PM

i call the bottom 1d before it happens and since then we've had a 86% rally bottom to top and somehow i'm wrong?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 10:59:43 PM

I am beginning to suspect cyperdoc is some sort of art project, of the remaining SA trolls. Or possibly acquired during the gosby hack... almost seems too cheesy to be true. I don't want to believe someone could be this delusional.  Huh

and i think you're just a piece of work.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 11:07:21 PM

evoorhees, one of the clearest and well respected thinkers here, says it quite well describing all you parasites who just want handouts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51011.msg608950#msg608950
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 11:09:28 PM

i call the bottom 1d before it happens and since then we've had a 86% rally bottom to top and somehow i'm wrong?

As fond as I am about your message generally, I cannot help but come away with the general perception that you call(ed) the bottom practically daily.  This makes it a somewhat hollow victory to have picked the circa 10/20 event.

OTOH, a lot of people have been calling for another (or continued) break below the 10/20 lows.  So far they have been not even close to correct.  I continue to anxiously wait to pick up another batch of coin.

If the (apparently very real) 20k BTC ask wall on Tradehill continues to exist and move sluggishly, it looks like I could pick up coin for a pretty reasonable price at my leisure.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 11:39:16 PM

evoorhees, one of the clearest and well respected thinkers here, says it quite well describing all you parasites who just want handouts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51011.msg608950#msg608950
get a life.
HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 11:49:40 PM

I remember people like Cypherdoc oozing out during the dot com crash of 2000 - the totally oddball, irrational types that start acting like Obi Wan Kenobi right before being struck down by Darth Vader, as if there's something we're missing by not going long during the early stages of a massive bubble collapse.

Reminds me of maggots oozing out of meat when the frying pan heats up.  We're 30 seconds into the cooking process - 14 more minutes to go.  Burn, baby, burn Smiley
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 07:38:03 AM

Reminds me of maggots oozing out of meat when the frying pan heats up.  We're 30 seconds into the cooking process - 14 more minutes to go.  Burn, baby, burn Smiley

Some groundbreaking science going on somewhere. Frying meat that is, hmm, shall we say "well beyond expiry date" to explore the behavioral patterns of maggots in the face of a burning death. Heating up the water for a frog to find out it won't jump out until it dies (some posts back). I am wondering where on the planet such experiment are thought out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: