Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:19:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity?  (Read 1064 times)
ElsieHSeder27

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:04:25 AM

Bitcoin is a moderately safe method for exchanges. In any case, there are other substantially more mysterious digital forms of money, for example, Monero or ZCash. In this manner, I would not suggest utilizing bitcoin in the event that you require the most mysterious digital money. It is smarter to focus on the above monetary standards, they have significantly more importance and the primary concern is namelessness.
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:48:52 AM

Maybe is a commodity wishing to become a currency? Cheesy

People are most likely keeping it as an investment right now rather than using to pay for things.
maybe you can say that right now in my country, investors may still be considered as commodities because crypto currencies have not been officially used to process legitimate transactions or payments.
Charmainekiss

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 09:38:07 AM

I'm leaning towards the currency. I think it all depends on who owns Bitcoin and for what purpose is used!
131tc01n

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

My answer is certainly in the bitcoin whitepaper or the purpose of satoshi nakamoto in making bitcoin, in fact bitcoin was created as a digital currency and the words contained currency not commodities.
People have known bitcoin as a currency not a commodity
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:36:11 AM

Bitcoin at first was nothing, just needed a social push. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency created to make anonymous transactions. From there you can interpret it as "safer" or not. Convenience ?, well, every time there are more cards to use them daily without problems.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:19:08 AM

for now the reality that bitcoin is only limited to commodities / assets that function to trade. people come to buy bitcoin for short-term profits, buy the lowest price and sell at the highest price. but if you want to be a bit idealistic, bitcoin should be more than just an asset or a commodity, bitcoin must have the value of another function which can later be categorized as a legitimate currency, used to buy various kinds of needs. obviously we are in the process of achieving that goal.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:33:49 PM

The endless debate... Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? We came up with a few reasons why it could easily classify in any of those categories: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/is-bitcoin-a-security-a-currency-or-a-commodity-2-18643/

What do you think it is?

In my own opinion bitcoin is a currency that will give us opportunity to buy our commodity as it gives us security. In short bitcoin is the three that you have mention. bitcoin is a currency that made our transaction faster and easy. It has a special security that not easily got hacked.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:23:16 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that changes the way people think about currencies. It does not have the disadvantages of flat money. It was born to serve the needs of trading in a modern environment. Bitcoin's current difficulty is that it is not widely used around the world.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:17:11 PM

I think that nowadays for most of us bitcoin is just a way that we could put our savings and wait some time for income that could come but in future there  are lots of chances that it will turn to be a currency for most of us.

muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:16:49 PM

To me i believe bitcoin is a currency which can be used to pay for goods and services duo it not yet legalized by government as a local currency but it functional online, secondly bitcoin can also be classified as an asset because today we can all see that may people now buy bitcoin not just for payment purpose but for future storing. so with this can say bitcoin be a currency or an asset
AkiyoshiKumiko
Copper Member

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

in the world bitcoin be used for buy clothes, rolex, iphone... so i think it's security
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 608

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that changes the way people think about currencies. It does not have the disadvantages of flat money. It was born to serve the needs of trading in a modern environment. Bitcoin's current difficulty is that it is not widely used around the world.
I agree.The goal of bitcoin is to become a main currency but it cannot be realized today knowing the government is not yet open in legalizing it.With this present time,bitcoin is more on an investment that gives us security for a brighter future ahead only if it will be  properly managed.

Denamen

Activity: 499

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:34:55 PM

I think there wont be a clearly answer for this question. It depends on your purpose. So, I think the best feature for Bitcoin is a kind of currency

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:44:27 PM

I think that nowadays for most of us bitcoin is just a way that we could put our savings and wait some time for income that could come but in future there  are lots of chances that it will turn to be a currency for most of us.
In my opinion Bitcoin can be regarded as a currency and an investment commodity at the same time because people are using it to buy products and services and others just buy and hold it over a long period of time so that the value increases and they then cash out.
nicktheballer90

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 05:49:14 PM

BTC functions as both currency and commodity, I believe. If that is even possible?  Huh
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:58:06 PM

The endless debate... Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? We came up with a few reasons why it could easily classify in any of those categories: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/is-bitcoin-a-security-a-currency-or-a-commodity-2-18643/

What do you think it is?
It's not exactly clear what you mean. The fact that it is a currency is obvious since you can buy anything for this thing. As for security, the question is not yet fully understood: on the one hand, it is safe, since bitcoin is a completely anonymous system, but on the other hand, there were many cases when hackers broke into exchanges and stole millions of dollars. So as far as it is safe, everyone decides for himself.
cryptoDowoo

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:03:56 PM

i think it's endless discussion, who believes that its secure , he is investing and making money.
Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:22:48 PM

I think that Bitcoin cryptocurrensy is a really secured asset. Nobody can falcificate it or steal.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:34:22 AM

What do you think it is?

For me, bitcoin is a currency, but you can use the currency for trading in the market like trading forex.
The different thing is, cryptocurrency value is volatile and can causing much profit or loss when you trade it.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 04:51:01 AM

What do you think it is?
Its all of these things you mentioned!
-Its a currency as it could be traded and exchanged.
-It is a security ,same way as the stock is.
-Bitcoin is a commodity as it could be exchanged with other cryptos using atomic swaps.

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: