Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I will never sell my Alts for loss: Prefer to take them to the cemetery!  (Read 3683 times)
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:17:50 PM

HODL HODL HODL

The total MC will continue to go x10 x10 x10 over the next 5 to 10 years, just like it always has.

Of course, it will stop going x10 at some point, but the total crypto MC will be in the multiple trillions before it does slow down.

We always think the market wont go x10 and the previous time was the last time. IMO we have a ways to go as of yet, so if you have a diverse portfolio of the top 100 coins right now, and you HODL, and refuse to sell at a loss, you will win by far overall.

This is something the whales understand.

Its sad that most fall for FUD they hear, and feel that they need to cut their losses. They see the value of their assets decrease and panic sell. This is the norm unfortunately.

The same usually goes for the stock market. Your average investor plans to buy low and sell high, but they usually end up doing the exact opposite.
The OP would most likely do well with his plan if he can stick to it and ignore what he hears when markets are down, and simply wait out the cycle.

Your average investor just needs to remember that when the market is down, that the value of your coins are down, but the number of coins you have stays the same.

Unless the coin completely dies, or in stocks, the company goes under, the large majority of their investments will follow the overall market when it goes back up again.

Sadly, most sell when the market goes down, and then once they see the market has gone back up again, they buy back in when the price is high, doing exactly the opposite of their original intention.

This has been happening for decades in the stock market, and has continued to occur in the crypto market since its beginning.

Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:57:55 PM

Well, I disagree with you. Sell certainly not worth a loss, but if you see that the bearish trend is strong, you should temporarily sell, and not wait until your portfolio is nothing left.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Jonking

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:42:49 PM

similar situation.. but i think this is not right if you have the chance to sell it even a small profit sell it don't regret it for the rest of your life
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 08:48:41 PM

In my opinion, it is better to sell altcoin with even a small profit than to stay with a coin worth zero, or completely delisted from exchanges, i.e. without the possibility of selling.

jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 09:09:29 PM

Smile! Hope you will sell it when you get to cemetery?
People have different reason for selling their altcoin, I don't  blame people that sell below cost price because the owner of the altcoin may be in need of money at that moment and don't have any means than to sell what he /she has to cater for his or her need.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Danda23
Copper Member

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:24:23 PM

People holding Coins sell for fear of dumping, this is because they don't understand how the space works, that is why it is always advice to read and do research,most time fear make them end up selling at a loss.

▔▔▔▔▔
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:27:51 PM

I personally do not see any reason why people sell their altcoins for loss because you are already in loss, selling at that point will not only lose your money but will also deprive you of the future profits you can make from the altcoin, thereby causing you to regret your actions in the future.

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 10:35:03 PM

I personally do not see any reason why people sell their altcoins for loss because you are already in loss, selling at that point will not only lose your money but will also deprive you of the future profits you can make from the altcoin, thereby causing you to regret your actions in the future.
Waiting without moving means not evaluating hundreds of chances. So, when you expect it, you may have the chance to fold it over and over again. For example, in most projects, bounty hunters sell their currency below the ICO price and if you can evaluate it correctly, you can gain.
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:36:18 PM

It's so unfortunate that you are taking this too far. You can't force anyone to hold or sell. The thing that there are different reasons why people sell their altcoins for cheap.
- It's can be because of an urgent pressing need.
- it can be because they have found another coin or tokens that's is likely to do well more than the current one they are holding.
- It can be because the project is becoming suspicious.
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:37:56 PM

This is what i do after my holdings got lower in prices. I won't sell even it become zero because i might do some bad decision. If ever the price recover then i will be happy and not i will just wait when it will pump. I will just add some tokens or coins to leverage my holdings.

Flezy

Activity: 707
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:39:29 PM

Yes, holding is good but what you are holding matters also. With that being said, am just like you I prefer holding as I believe in what blockchain has to offer.
Bloodseekers

Activity: 776
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 10:41:13 PM

As long as I live live I will not sell my Alts at a loss.
It is a shame that Bitches are selling: These bitches can’t see 2 years from NOW: Booming!
I primarily hold Cardano!
Great, and i totaly agree with you. Some people think crypto can make them easy to rich. Oh c'mon if crypto make people easy to rich all people will join with this. Yes crypto can make people rich but need time, As trader, as investor, as miner etc. All need time. Just make reference bitcoin price is about $1 in 2009 and 2017 about $19,000. Need Time, not instant
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 08:15:03 AM

I also do not sell my holdings no matter what. I have suffered a great deal of loss in the crypto market and I have determined that I will recover my loss from the market itself. I think my holdings will increase in price one day and make me riches. I am seeing not far this moment as the market is correcting itself and becoming stable and stronger further.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 02:45:00 PM

I will also not sell my alt better I will take loan from my local people or from the forum. I will sell only if I cant afford my living cost before then I will hold my altcoin.
Freescan

Activity: 397

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 03:15:41 PM

remain patient, that this market has not improved, there are still many altcoins in the red zone. if you are sure of the altcoin that you currently have it is better to hold it for a while but if there is no further development, it is better to exchange it for another one.

[                   Ethernity.Cloud                   ]
PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021   |   REGISTER HERE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 04:15:52 PM

It is a shame that Bitches are selling: These bitches can’t see 2 years from NOW: Booming!
With this kind of mentality as a trader you will get rekt.. Sometimes you need to learn to cut your losses and move on with life.. It doesn't make u less courageous or less disciplined as a crypto enthusiasts. U won't always get it right, just learn to cut loss and move on after learning your lessons or u will find yourself out of crypto sooner than you think..

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
Peruvyn

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 05:20:35 PM

One must be flexible with Cryptocurrency if you don't want to rekt yourself. The truth is that, there's no fix way to do it and if you still on holding some tokens or coins and not sell it to reduce your loss. They might worth nothing in some years to come because not all the relevant coin or token of today will still be relevant today.

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 05:32:16 PM

Well depends, if some people need urgent money then maybe they will be somehow forced to sell altcoins even if the price is down than ever, but for long holders a profit can be made in my opinion.
Brainnin

Activity: 170

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:29:15 PM

Holding is good and for me is the best idea, selling off due to the current market situation is not a good idea, all these altcoins can turn to real lambo in years to come.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:36:21 PM

I have more experience here when compared to you, and I would advice you to sell some of your alts at the right time. I have been collecting alts for the last 2-3 years. And the majority of the alts (i.e more than 50%) that I got in 2017 are dormant now. Cash them out when you have the chance to do so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: