Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use cryptocurrencies in your daily life? Are they useful?  (Read 14300 times)
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:25:52 PM

Not often, I only use bitcoin or convert into fiat when it is needed. I mostly use the cryptocurrency in investment or in trading. In my country, we have a crypto friendly government, so all citizens are free to use bitcoin or any available cryptocurrency in their transaction. The government have been welcoming and approving several bitcoin exchanges and even set aside a special economic zone for crypto related businesses or fintechs.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
smile1218

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:26:07 PM

In a daily basis nope i do not use. I use more on investments because in my country the use of bitcoin and other crypto currencies are very much rare and merchants who accepts bitcoin are very seldom.

Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:27:51 PM

This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.
It takes on average 3 minutes to answer.

Here is the link for the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cryptocurrencies_usage

More details if you want to know more about it:
For this, it was created a questionnaire with Likert type scale questions. These dimensions will then be used to construct a model, based on the traditional Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) developed in 1989, and some others developed afterwards, but with more adapted to the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. Then it will be done some data analysis and compilation of results.
This questionnaire has some focus on the financial area, but this does not mean it is the most important. We know there are some other dimensions not being addresses in this questionnaire, such as decentralisation/government influence, that may be addressed in the future.
After analysing and publishing the thesis and papers I will post on this forum with infographics and the most important conclusions of the study.

There are no open questions, but you can post here or message me about this.

Thank you for your time! Best Regards,
The University Institute of Lisbon research team

Honestly, I really don't use cryptocurrency on my daily lifestyle for a reason that not all the stores in my country accept cryptocurrency as a means of payment. In addition to that, not all the institution are embracing it as a currency so I can't really buy something using it. However, there are times when I got the chance to use it and that is when I load my phones. but overall it is not useful for everyday basis.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:37:09 PM

In a daily basis nope i do not use. I use more on investments because in my country the use of bitcoin and other crypto currencies are very much rare and merchants who accepts bitcoin are very seldom.

Same here. There are times when I would pay some bills using bitcoin because we have a platform that would let us pay it but then it rarely happens. Most of the time I would just hold my coin and I intend to hold it for as long as I can as long as there is a demand for it. I believe that my patience would eventually pay off.

Someday, it would happen that bitcoin or cryptocurrencies, in general, would be used in daily life not just for trading purposes but for their actual use cases may it be as a payment option or a utility token.

UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:44:46 PM

I use cryptocurrencies only for gambling, otherwise I can not use them anywhere else in my daily life.
I hope that we will have more markets where we can buy goods with cryptocurrencies without high exchange fees.

strunberg

Activity: 1358
Merit: 335

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 12:51:45 PM

I use cryptocurrencies only for gambling, otherwise I can not use them anywhere else in my daily life.
I hope that we will have more markets where we can buy goods with cryptocurrencies without high exchange fees.
we need to be patience to see bitcoin and other cryptocurrency could implemented in any stores.and using bitcoin to gambling didnt wise option , you could suffering your money.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:59:40 PM

I never experience using cryptocurrencies in buying some goods or paying bills. Because until now there is no businesses or establishments that accept cryptos here in my place.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:13:58 PM

we need to be patience to see bitcoin and other cryptocurrency could implemented in any stores.and using bitcoin to gambling didnt wise option , you could suffering your money.
- Well, using crypto or bitcoin to gamble is always a big mistake, these are valuable assets and can increase very fast at any time, wasting for a bad purpose like gambling is too silly, even when we can use it extensively, using it is still not a good choice. Our goal is to invest and make money from it, we do not need it in our daily lives, it is not necessary, and so, I can only say that crypto is only useful for the personal economy when we use it properly, with other angles in normal life, it is not useful and convenient

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Vinz1978

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

In accordance of my daily routine in life, I just use my cryptocurrencies twice a month to encash thru remittances to buy goods in the grocery then monthly bills such as electricity, water, and internet. In addition to that also my budget allowance for the whole month of course. So, it is it is obviously useful to me.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:35:03 PM

In accordance of my daily routine in life, I just use my cryptocurrencies twice a month to encash thru remittances to buy goods in the grocery then monthly bills such as electricity, water, and internet. In addition to that also my budget allowance for the whole month of course. So, it is it is obviously useful to me.
different from me, i have not used cryptocurrency for everyday needs. that is because there is no shop in my country that has received it. of course, i changed it to fiat currency and can be used to buy something
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:02:57 PM

No I am not using crypto currencies in my daily life for buying the things and this is the status for most of the people here because cryptos were still not recognized enough among the world people to have crypto payment system.But they were useful when people accepts them as currency or they have usage of trading and investment purpose for now.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:55:41 PM

This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.
It takes on average 3 minutes to answer.

Here is the link for the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cryptocurrencies_usage

Thank you for your time! Best Regards,
The University Institute of Lisbon research team

I liked the questions posed but some of them were a bit controversial to me.
For example "I currently use cryptocurrencies as an investment" and "I currently use cryptocurrencies as a store of value" - doesn't this seem to be alike? Don't people "invest" in order to "store the value" of their investment?

And also this: "I consider the net profitability of cryptocurrencies to be high." and "Considering my investment, I’m satisfied with the profitability obtained."
Frankly, I hesitated while evaluating these two questions. On the one hand, the profitability of crypto is likely to be high (in certain favorable market conditions), and on the other hand the reality is not as trouble-free as we wish it to be.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your interest in the people's thoughts! I will follow the results of your questionnaire with all the relevant infographics and conclusions.

Violettochka

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:51:07 PM

Unfortunately the link is not working, at least for me. But still I think it's a decent research you're doing. It's important to know how crypto is really doing outside of the forum.

Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:10:05 AM

Even if I want to, not a lot of businesses accept crypto as payment. I remember buying some things online using bitcoin though. It's still a long way to go for crypto to be useful in a way that it can be used on a daily basis but perhaps it is already getting there.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:05:12 AM

As of now theres is not much usage for cryptocurrencies. If it could be used daily then there could be an increase in the price and the demands. Now because I haven't seen such great increase I think it is not really and generally used by many yet. As an evidence I haven't seen a quite number of stores or shops selling products using bitcoin and other cryptocurrency so I did not use as much myself.

zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:38:37 AM

In the country where I live, cryptocurrency has no other role than investment in daily life!
In Japan, BTC can make daily shopping expenses!
In the future, cryptocurrencies can be used freely in daily life like legal tenders!
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:04:41 AM

I do not use crypto currencies for my daily life because the crypto currency is not so widely used in my country and the government prohibits the use of crypto currency as payment so I have to exchange it for cash if I want to use it
Same is the case in my country. It is not allowed to be use in my country and is actually considered a crime. This is pathetic situation that has been there for years now even Bitcoin has gone so high. If it were allowed, i would have used it almost every where you can to make the transactions easy and convenient plus to save money. After all this is what Bitcoin and other coins were made for and as the technology gets accepted by my country's government, it will be widely demanded and be used immensely.
henlity87

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:44:22 PM

I am not use and I don't know how to use crypto every time for our daily day activities ? I only use bitcoin and cryptocurrency for transaction and make investment or trade to get profit, I don't know bitcoin or crypto have useful for daily activity.
This is exactly like using you paper money. This is a currency in places where it has been recognized as currency and is accepted as medium of exchange. You can buy milk with the cryptocurrency you hold and can use it to pay your utility bills.

Besides, it is a store of value which enables you to store wealth and the addition of the value to the money stored in the form of cryptocurrency is also more than what you might normally get in banks. So there are numerous uses of the crypto currencies that cannot be avoided for long.
I don’t have much bitcoin in my wallet because I haven’t invested money in bitcoin. I just earn from different campaigns and when I get some coins, I transfer them to dollars and then my local money. I cannot use my coins in my local market because nobody is accepting bitcoin so far and there is no need to use it in other countries. It is easy for me to convert coins in local currency and then use it.
Finn Bery

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:49:37 PM

I also have bitcoin and I also use it to buy something with companies that allow the use of bitcoin to trade. In the future, I also hope many business units will use more bitcoin
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:02:21 PM

There is a little area accept the cryptocurrencies for to buy something in my country because of i can't use it much in my daily life but I can use it mostly for to send money to my friends and I can use it mostly to borrow money ,  also I use them for investment in exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: