Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use cryptocurrencies in your daily life? Are they useful?  (Read 14296 times)
lamadu3

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:32:14 PM

Not often, I only use bitcoin or convert into fiat when it is needed. I mostly use the cryptocurrency in investment or in trading. In my country, we have a crypto friendly government, so all citizens are free to use bitcoin or any available cryptocurrency in their transaction. The government have been welcoming and approving several bitcoin exchanges and even set aside a special economic zone for crypto related businesses or fintechs.

For me, the cryptocurrencies are perfect for trading only. You can also invest in the cryptos and hold them for several years to make money on it. I do not use them in my everyday life.
Jateng

Activity: 1292
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:45:27 PM

I do not really use crypto in my daily life. In a place that I used to live, no one still accepts crypto as a mode of payment. I also don't even know of they know crypto is. In my case it is not that useful compare to other people or other country that has stores or cafe's that accept crypto especially bitcoin as a payment.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 03:11:52 PM

In my case, yes I do use cryptocurrency in my life though not daily as I use it once a week for my internet connection. Buying prepaid loads here in my country has now been as easy as buying candies on a store as we can now use Bitcoin, Ethereum, BitcoinCash and Ripple to purchase goods and services or paying bills online. They are that useful of course the convenience it brought to us is great.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:16:35 PM

I have used cryptos for shopping and for mobile recharges often. Also, I do Forex trading and cryptos are the best way to buy USD from my local currency as it is not legal to buy USD directly from my country's currency. Moreover, some of my family members live in another country and Bitcoin is the best way to send money there.
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:17:31 PM

I have used cryptos for shopping and for mobile recharges often. Also, I do Forex trading and cryptos are the best way to buy USD from my local currency as it is not legal to buy USD directly from my country's currency. Moreover, some of my family members live in another country and Bitcoin is the best way to send money there.
It's a convenient way to do transactions now, no need to go to banks. It is useful as long as we know how to use it. Mostly it's for sending payments and load and shopping, soon there will be more useful for crypto so as much as possible make it as an investment.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:57:55 AM

I have not used it at all, because in our country there are still appeals about the dangers of using crypto so that almost all fields have not supported crypto transactions and services
in which country do you live?
I also haven't used crypto in my daily life, because I can't use it. there are no transactions using crypto and even crypto that have not been validated in my country, so I can't use crypto.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

As of the moment in my country there are only few companies that uses bitcoin as a payment method so mostly it is used by just paying prepaid cards or bills like water and electricity. It is a good thing that in some countries they allow bitcoin as a payment method in establishment and I too hope that in my country it will also be integrated into many companies and establishment.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:09:34 PM

In my own country, the government banned the use of Bitcoin and we can not use Bitcoin to pay for any product. That is a bad thing. I do not usually keep much cash, I just send in the wallet MEW and use it to invest. It does not affect my life too much.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:08:19 PM

Unfortunately, there is not much space in my daily life. Of course, the fact that cryptocurrency is not common in my country is a factor, but there is a fact that even in the most developed countries of the world, we cannot use cryptocurrencies in our daily lives. Of course I've been using it extensively and often on the Internet realm because it has recently become common to make payments with cryptocurrency on the internet and is much faster and lucrative than other payment methods.
It is a shame this is the case but this is completely true, there are not many oportunities to use our cryptocurrencies in our daily activities but I am sure this is something that is going to change in the next decade, since the first decade on the life of bitcoin was a phase to establish itself and see if the project could work, now that we know that is the case what we need is to make a push for more adoption to happen all around the world and we are going to see great progress in that area in the next decade.
Cryptostruck

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:09:07 PM

I do, my goods with them
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:17:12 PM

In my own country, the government banned the use of Bitcoin and we can not use Bitcoin to pay for any product. That is a bad thing. I do not usually keep much cash, I just send in the wallet MEW and use it to invest. It does not affect my life too much.
same as in my country, like that too. but indirectly cryptocurrency is useful in my life, even though it can't be bought directly, but i can make it fiat money that applies in my country

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:57:29 PM

This and other questions are part of a questionnaire that we, a research team from the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL) are doing. It seeks to understand the drivers' usage of cryptocurrencies by the end user such as you and me. Considering 10 different dimensions, from perceived usefulness to privacy to profitability, among others.
It takes on average 3 minutes to answer.

Here is the link for the questionnaire:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cryptocurrencies_usage

More details if you want to know more about it:
For this, it was created a questionnaire with Likert type scale questions. These dimensions will then be used to construct a model, based on the traditional Technology Acceptance Model (TAM) developed in 1989, and some others developed afterwards, but with more adapted to the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. Then it will be done some data analysis and compilation of results.
This questionnaire has some focus on the financial area, but this does not mean it is the most important. We know there are some other dimensions not being addresses in this questionnaire, such as decentralisation/government influence, that may be addressed in the future.
After analysing and publishing the thesis and papers I will post on this forum with infographics and the most important conclusions of the study.

There are no open questions, but you can post here or message me about this.

Thank you for your time! Best Regards,
The University Institute of Lisbon research team

Such an interesting questionnaire and yes, I would love to see the important conclusions. In general, I think cryptocurrency doesn't have wide usage other than for trading, investment purpose, store of value and means of payment (online). For adequate and wide usage, cryptocurrency needs wide adoption, more understanding of its features and of course price stability.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
jerome.345

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:27:49 PM

There's one crypto I'm really into this days. It's called Tapcoin. I use it to pay for drinks and food at some restaurants and bars. Their Hooch app platform also enables you spend the coins at top hotels around the world.
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 09:23:23 PM

When I saw a bitcoin representative office in my city, I was surprised and delighted — here they love cryptocurrency: D Of course it’s a good idea to introduce cryptocurrency into everyday circulation, it’s good to open centers where you can learn how to buy, sell, make a wallet, etc. I use, I earn from the participation of ico-best ico projects

Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:04:25 AM

Right now, in my country bitcoin and others crypto still unregulated for payment. We can not use bitcoin and others crypto for payment because its againts the rules, but i am believe in near future, government will regulate cryptocurrency because its getting more popular and many people having knowledge about crypto

Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:54:01 AM

Right now, in my country bitcoin and others crypto still unregulated for payment. We can not use bitcoin and others crypto for payment because its againts the rules, but i am believe in near future, government will regulate cryptocurrency because its getting more popular and many people having knowledge about crypto

I did not used it in my daily transactions, because it is not already accepted in malls in my country or either a fastfood. But it is continue to operate and hopefully soon i use it when time level up with bitcoin.
eSurge

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:43:26 AM

Personally, I try to use BTC on every services I need in case it supports paying with cryptocurrencies. A nice example involves Internet related services, like purchasing domain names and hosting services.

Unfortunately, big purchases are still really hard to pay for in crypto, even today. I really hope that the adoption among merchants will continue to grow and reach some point at which you can spend crypto on almost everything.

I believe it could eventually happen, as merchants themselves are interested in receiving more for sold goods and avoid high fees, like PayPal's.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:11:53 AM

I did not used it in my daily transactions, because it is not already accepted in malls in my country or either a fastfood. But it is continue to operate and hopefully soon i use it when time level up with bitcoin.

I do use it in many transactions that I made since I like to invest on some projects but it is not on the point that I use it daily since the transaction fees will really hurt you, it is really bad.

In the future, either the price is so high or expensive a lot of investors are so rich or there are a lot of transactions well also leading to a lot higher price of Bitcoin. They are useful if there will be a lot of platforms that will accept Bitcoin as a method of payment. Steam in the past accepted Bitcoin as method of payment but they immediately remove it because of the people that is abusing that method at that time and the way transactions fees are so high.
Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:42:08 AM

It is very useful but i am not using this in daily life after some time when i know that i want to buy things online i use crypto when i need some money i convert this to dollars and not only this but i enter into online betting and online games through crypto it is not regular but it is like a normal currency for me mostly people are accepting bitcoin in the present time.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:59:00 AM

for now I still can't use cryptocurrency in my daily life but I believe that cryptocurrency will someday be very useful and certainly many platforms will start receiving cryptocurrency payments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: