Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 9498 times)
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

We are now at block 33522 on SC. Did I miss anything here folks?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:57:51 AM

http://www.google.com/search?q="solidcoin+is+a+scam" <--- 5 results
vs.
http://www.google.com/search?q="bitcoin+is+a+scam"  <--- 14,500 results

Google tells us that Bitcoin is the real scam.

LOL

And now the cherry:
PS: Do a Google search for Solid 2.0 Scam.

I did: www.google.com/search?q="Solid+2.0+scam" <-- No results found for "Solid 2.0 scam".

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:59:10 AM

BitcoinExpress why the fuck are you posting peoples houses on a Public forum. What does this prove you moron? Obviously he wasn't trying to hide the fact that his office was from home, like many professionals do their work during these tough economic times. But you wouldn't know anything about real work would you?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:04:54 AM

StalkerEXpress on work here dudes, nothing to see, move along!
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:05:42 AM

Genuine question:

Given that the 'trusted nodes' are very critical points of failure in the SC system, why doesn't this bother SC supporters?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:11:54 AM

Weren't you ignoring me, douchebag?

LOL

You deserve it again:
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:12:28 AM

Genuine question:

Given that the 'trusted nodes' are very critical points of failure in the SC system, why doesn't this bother SC supporters?
No because anyone can become a "trusted node" after they have 1,000,000 Solidcoins, thus keeping the system fully "decentralized".However I am waiting for the source like many others,before we begin to fight back some of the smear campaigning that has been going on...
johnj

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:15:06 AM

Genuine question:

No because anyone can become a "trusted node" after they have 1,000,000 Solidcoins, however I am waiting for the source like many others,before we begin to fight back some of the smear campaigning that has been going on...

The process of which one becomes a point-of-failure is irrelevant - it's the danger that points-of-failure bring.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:16:05 AM

Genuine question:

No because anyone can become a "trusted node" after they have 1,000,000 Solidcoins, however I am waiting for the source like many others,before we begin to fight back some of the smear campaigning that has been going on...

The process of which one becomes a point-of-failure is irrelevant - it's the danger that points-of-failure bring.
Like the many points-of-failures in Bitcoin?

Edit:If you don't think that a network where the richest people protect the network with their OWN MONEY, isn't the one that has the least points of failures then I don't know what is. This system prevents 51% attacks, and insures that the people with the most money to loose never attack the network. And even if they did attack the network, they would only be one part of a greater decentralized authority.
johnj

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:23:15 AM

Edit:If you don't think that a network where the richest people protect the network with their OWN MONEY, isn't the one that has the least points of failures then I don't know what is. This system prevents 51% attacks, and insures that the people with the most money to loose never attack the network. And even if they did attack the network, they would only be one part of a greater  decentralized authority.

The psychology of 'protecting the network with their own money' (which is another discussion) is not apart of the protocol.  I'm asking about the protocol.  The protocol says "If you fuck this handful of trusted nodes, the network freezes" - does that not bother anyone?

Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:27:49 AM

Edit:If you don't think that a network where the richest people protect the network with their OWN MONEY, isn't the one that has the least points of failures then I don't know what is. This system prevents 51% attacks, and insures that the people with the most money to loose never attack the network. And even if they did attack the network, they would only be one part of a greater  decentralized authority.

The psychology of 'protecting the network with their own money' (which is another discussion) is not apart of the protocol.  I'm asking about the protocol.  The protocol says "If you fuck this handful of trusted nodes, the network freezes" - does that not bother anyone?

Yes, the network freezes unitl a super node get a new IP. But no coins are lost in that scenario. As soon as the chain starts moving again, its business as usual.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:28:15 AM

Right now we have 10 but in the future there will obviously be more. One interesting fact to note is that only the people at the top are the ones who pay the CPF.This CPF is part of the "fee" for being a trusted node and being that essential part of the network.  I mention this because a common misconception here BTCtalk is that everyone on the network pays the CPF. That is simply not true..
johnj

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:30:02 AM

Okay, second question:

With how SC is designed around 'trusted nodes', and that's what protects vs a 51% attack... what's the point of mining?

I mean, why can't those trusted nodes simply do all the work to progress the chain?

Edit: I understand mining is a means of distribution.  But in BTC mining serves as distribution AND protection.  If SC has solved the protection with the 'trusted nodes'... why still have mining as a means of distribution?

Ahimoth

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:37:04 AM

Okay, second question:

With how SC is designed around 'trusted nodes', and that's what protects vs a 51% attack... what's the point of mining?

I mean, why can't those trusted nodes simply do all the work to progress the chain?

They could, if everyone decides to buy coins instead of mine them, we could just the the trusted nodes run the chain 100%
johnj

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:38:44 AM

Okay, second question:

They could, if everyone decides to buy coins instead of mine them, we could just the the trusted nodes run the chain 100%

see edit above

MrGaSp

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:39:01 AM

No it couldn't.  BTC doesn't have a single point of failure.

Worst case scenario everyone solo mines or uses full distributed pool like p2pool.

Luckily satoshi wasn't an idiot to take a nearly perfectly distributed network of peers and replace it with a vulnerable centralized network of trust.

Technically if you ddosed all the pools and went on to hit individual users with a coordinated strike by multiple botnets, you could then very easily 51% the network.

Even if you could DDoS a lot of the users on btc, its not a long term issue, eventually you wont have enough computers to take down a lot of the users on the network.
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:54:39 AM

So let me get this straight.

Anyone can be a trusted node. All they have to do is accumulate 1 Million SC and become a node. Coinhunter specifically said Trusted Nodes cannot spend the 1Million coins because he had hard coded the chain against them. Are we really to believe to that anyone would donate a million SC just to be a Trusted Node?

It doesn't add up, seriously.

He has hardcoded the addresses of the premined trusted nodes... These can't be spent, but every other address with 1mio+ can act as a trusted node if they want and also spend their coins.
Ahimoth

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:55:34 AM

Anyone can be a trusted node. All they have to do is accumulate 1 Million SC and become a node. Coinhunter specifically said Trusted Nodes cannot spend the 1Million coins because he had hard coded the chain against them. Are we really to believe to that anyone would donate a million SC just to be a Trusted Node?

You have it wrong, only the original 10 trusted node's wallets can't be spent on the network.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:56:16 AM

He has hardcoded the addresses of the premined trusted nodes... These can't be spent, but every other address with 1mio+ can act as a trusted node if they want and also spend their coins.
Yes and to add to this point if you go under 1,000,000 you automatically loose super-node status.
johnj

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:58:12 AM

and we KNOW this how?

Yes, if anyone gets around to answering my distribution question above:  How do ya'll all know this?  Is this what the source says, or just what CH says (honest question)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: