Author Topic: delete  (Read 9498 times)
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:30:59 AM

@Ahimoth,

I take it the answer is you DO NOT know that the 10 trusted nodes coins cannot be spent, all you have is Coinhunter's word.

Is that correct and as an "IT Professional" this sits well with you?

Well, I assumed you had already decompiled the binaries. Apparently, this is a bad assumption on my part. If you had, you would probably find 10 addresses listed.
Don't worry with or without CH's release, we will get the source and develop a lethal SC killer.
Atleast you are admitting that the source is valuable to you.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:32:17 AM

@Ahimoth,

I take it the answer is you DO NOT know that the 10 trusted nodes coins cannot be spent, all you have is Coinhunter's word.

Well, I assumed you had already decompiled the binaries. Apparently, this is a bad assumption on my part. If you had, you would probably find 10 addresses listed.

If you knew anything at all about decompiling, you would know it is a messy process and is tedious. It doesn't produce clean code, and even in my advanced novice NOOB level of coding know the address aren't hardcoded. I am not a coder by no means, but I have quite afew engineers that work for me.

Don't worry with or without CH's release, we will get the source and develop a lethal SC killer.
FIXED  Cheesy

What ever you want to call me, I never said I was an elite coder, I have tremendous resources though.
If you have "tremendous resources" why the hell aren't you paying your team to just Build something better than SC? WTH are you doing on here TROLLING if you have "tremendous resources". Shit man you have some work to do lets get going!  Cheesy Cheesy
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:34:08 AM

Tremendous resources = his puppy followers

They bark but they don't bite lol
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:34:27 AM

Also if someone could tell me the 'why' of mining in SC 2.0 - if protection has already been achieved with the 'trusted nodes', why have 'the public' waste all that electricity mining?  Why is distribution still through mining?

That decision is up to the public, if they would rather buy the coins instead of mine them, then they are free to do so.

I'm asking the rational of the protocol.  Why mining as a means of distribution?
Because it controls inflation/deflation of the currency. The more people that sign on to the network, the less the currency inflates. This form a hypothetical 'economic equilibrium" that humanity has never seen before. If 1000 people sign off, the hyper fast algo follows thus allowing the currency to inflate, and make it psychologically attractive again to "mine". This whole idea that "Deflation is GOOD, or INFLATION is BAD, or vice-versa are just 2 parts to the greater truth. The fact is you need both to run a successful economy, and what could be the best regulator to that test than difficulty itself?

So SC detects the number of users (1000 people sign off), and not just the hash?

If it goes by 'users' (and thats who has to use money - people), then why is it distributed to who has the biggest rig?

Edit:  I mean, if 50% of the SC user base leaves, but one guy puts up a rig that equals those peoples lost hashrate, how is hashrate an indicator of economic deflation/inflation?
I meant to say "hash" sorry Smiley.

Again, honest question:  If CH figured out how to negate the 51% attack, shouldn't a more reasonable means of distribution be cake?  Hashrate as an indicator of inflation/deflation seems extremely inefficient, prone-to-manipulation, and a waste of electricity (on the miners part).

Just to make sure I have this straight: Mining in SC is more about monitoring inflation/deflation, and less about distribution.  Would that be correct?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:38:52 AM

No, I'm not.

CoinHunter is the biggest lame ever! He does not see the results of his own actions.

These attacks SHOULD be done! This is the only way to show people how crap is SC2. So, don't touch it!

I see these attacks as some kind of "stress test".

ANY system that can be put on test, should be tested.

So I take it you have also been applauding the DDoS attacks on the major bitcoin pools a few days ago?
Not sure if everyone here realizes in many countries this is illegal and can lead to up to 10 years of imprisonment. Encouraging that sort of criminal behavior is not helping the reputation of bitcoin.

FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:40:25 AM

@Ahimoth,

If you knew anything at all about decompiling, you would know it is a messy process and is tedious. It doesn't produce clean code, and even in my advanced novice NOOB level of coding know the address aren't hardcoded. I am not a coder by no means, but I have quite afew engineers that work for me.

FIXED  Cheesy

What ever you want to call me, I never said I was an elite coder, I have tremendous resources though.
If you have "tremendous resources" why the hell aren't you paying your team to just Build something better than SC? WTH are you doing on here TROLLING if you have "tremendous resources". Shit man you have some work to do lets get going!  Cheesy Cheesy

What's Bitcoincloset, I see you take Paypal, why not SC exclusively? You don't even accept SC.

There is no easy way for me to take SC at the moment. In the future hopefully my company will solve that problem (or RS and SC community).. For now I take BTC and Paypal Smiley.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:41:38 AM

@Ahimoth,

If you knew anything at all about decompiling, you would know it is a messy process and is tedious. It doesn't produce clean code, and even in my advanced novice level of coding know the address aren't hardcoded. I am not a coder by no means, but I have quite afew engineers that work for me.

and if CH was not worried about, you three lap puppies wouldn't be here  Grin Grin Grin

I agree, decompiling is messy and *very* tedious, but extracting strings is not so difficult.
Everyone take note, BitcoinExpress "knows" the addresses (public keys) are not hardcoded.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:45:08 AM

Also if someone could tell me the 'why' of mining in SC 2.0 - if protection has already been achieved with the 'trusted nodes', why have 'the public' waste all that electricity mining?  Why is distribution still through mining?

That decision is up to the public, if they would rather buy the coins instead of mine them, then they are free to do so.

I'm asking the rational of the protocol.  Why mining as a means of distribution?
Because it controls inflation/deflation of the currency. The more people that sign on to the network, the less the currency inflates. This form a hypothetical 'economic equilibrium" that humanity has never seen before. If 1000 people sign off, the hyper fast algo follows thus allowing the currency to inflate, and make it psychologically attractive again to "mine". This whole idea that "Deflation is GOOD, or INFLATION is BAD, or vice-versa are just 2 parts to the greater truth. The fact is you need both to run a successful economy, and what could be the best regulator to that test than difficulty itself?

So SC detects the number of users (1000 people sign off), and not just the hash?

If it goes by 'users' (and thats who has to use money - people), then why is it distributed to who has the biggest rig?

Edit:  I mean, if 50% of the SC user base leaves, but one guy puts up a rig that equals those peoples lost hashrate, how is hashrate an indicator of economic deflation/inflation?
I meant to say "hash" sorry Smiley.

Again, honest question:  If CH figured out how to negate the 51% attack, shouldn't a more reasonable means of distribution be cake?  Hashrate as an indicator of inflation/deflation seems extremely inefficient, prone-to-manipulation, and a waste of electricity (on the miners part).

Just to make sure I have this straight: Mining in SC is more about monitoring inflation/deflation, and less about distribution.  Would that be correct?
Technically no "electric bill" is required to mine SC. You are obviously not using your imagination and thinking of the millions of servers that already use WIND and SOLAR to power the majority of their operations. You obviously have never used the client either, mining in SC is MUCH more efficient than Bitcoin... Why don't you just try the client out and see for yourself? If you don't trust it download a VM. If you don't know how to do so I can help you.

EDIT:I do all my daily operations, and mine SC on all cores and I honestly cannot believe that this thing is even running in the background. I have Core 2 Duo extreme on my gaming laptop, I also put this on my girlfriends laptop and shes generating a nice sum of SC already with her Intel I3. She beats my core 2 duo hands down. I also mine SC on all my BTC mining rigs, I put those CPUS to VERY good use Smiley.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:47:53 AM

Technically no "electric bill" is required to mine SC. You are obviously not using your imagination and thinking of the millions of servers that already use WIND and SOLAR to power the majority of their operations. You obviously have never used the client either, mining in SC is MUCH more efficient than Bitcoin... Why don't you just try the client out and see for yourself? If you don't trust it download a VM. If you don't know how to do so I can help you.

I'm talking about the 'average user' - not the guy running a server farm off of solar power.  That's not the intended distribution demographic is it?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:50:27 AM

If you said I am going to make it snow 2 1/2 inches in 15 minutes starting right now, YEAH I would believe you.

That's effectively what I did.

Yeah, you said something... That's it, nothing more...

TRANSLATION:
I just got what I thought was a smartass comment shoved back down throat and have nothing more to say.

The translation is: you lied most of the time and posted lot of bullshit withouth proof... Why should anyone with some brain believe you again?  Grin
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:24:11 PM

BitcoinEXpress, honest question here:

What's stopping a single trusted node from being behind a proxy and only making outbound connections? Sure, you can DDoS the nodes that the trusted node is connected to, but the trusted node will be able to detect this and make new outbound connections. Essentially, to take down the network, you'd have to DDoS all of the listening nodes.

Now, you're probably going to say that you could do a sybil attack and just wait until the trusted node connects to you. But what if at least one trusted node is located behind a DDoS protection provider that will block and absorb all incoming connections?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 10:42:34 PM

Technically if you ddosed all the pools and went on to hit individual users with a coordinated strike by multiple botnets, you could then very easily 51% the network.

"Very easily"?

Using BTC-PoolWatch there are an estimated 14,000 miners who are part of top 15 pools.  That puts total # of miners at roughly 22,000. 

So you are going to DDOS every pool and then find and DDOS 22,000 discrete solo miners (or a significant fraction of them)?  While not impossible I would hardly call that "easy".

Large pools are the weakest point of Bitcoin network.  Concept like p2pool have the potential to completely decentralize pools providing no single point of failure (for each pool).  A network of decentralized pools would greatly harden the network against DDOS attack.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 10:48:22 PM

There is something better than ScamCoin it is called Bitcoin.  You know that open source peer to peer network that RealSolid used the source to construct his centralized, digital fiat system.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 11:56:43 PM

There is something better than ScamCoin it is called Bitcoin.  You know that open source peer to peer network that RealSolid used the source to construct his centralized, digital fiat system.
I love Bitcoins technology aspect, but I hate it's "economic philosophy". We will wait and see what the market favors in the end Smiley.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 12:03:41 AM

The real onslaught will come after the source is obtained.

~BCX~
Which is why the source will probably never be released. CH is hoping that security through obscurity is good enough.

Buy & Hold
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 12:19:05 AM

~BCX~
Which is why the source will probably never be released. CH is hoping that security through obscurity is good enough.

Security through obscurity is never good enough.

WEP, CSS, AACS, SecureRom (and every disc copy protection standard ever made), Mac OS bootloader, Console protection schemes, RSADSI, A5/1 (GSM phone encryption), Diebold.  History has hundreds of examples where dubious security through obscurity methods have been compromised.

If your system is secure then revealing the source code doesn't enable an attack.
If your system is insecure then hiding details may delay an attack but given enough attackers and enough value eventually the system will be compromised.  It merely delays the inevvitable.

Any system which tries otherwise violates Shannon's Maxim:
"The enemy knows the system"
stryker

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 06:57:29 AM

I meant to ask.... as a result of the "attack" I noticed the following:

1) There was a single 1 min stumble on block generation.
2) A different trusted node started producing the even blocks (or is it odd?).

What else?

Am I missing something?

Sorry, too lazy to read the whole thread here :-)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 09:45:16 AM

~BCX~
You do realise right that saying that is calling CH an idiot - right?
There is no positive meaning to your statement.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
stryker

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 12:17:15 PM

I meant to ask.... as a result of the "attack" I noticed the following:

1) There was a single 1 min stumble on block generation.
2) A different trusted node started producing the even blocks (or is it odd?).

What else?

Am I missing something?

Sorry, too lazy to read the whole thread here :-)

The point of the attack was to prove Solidcoin is not attack proof, it was a minor annoyance only. The chain did slow for a few minutes only but that node was down for over 40 minutes till they switched IP and Names.

Finally, It's not that you're too lazy to read the whole thread, it's that you're too stupid to think past what Coinhunter spoon feeds you. You're a Solidcoin "enthusiast", I know exactly who you are.

Yes I am, bitcoin too, so what? and don't bother telling me what I am/do.... I already know.

I now wonder that if were typical that it took 40 mins to bring a secure node back up (sounds fair) then you'd have to sequentially find 9 more nodes and successfully take them down in under 40 mins.

I'm just trying to work out if you've proven to the world shock horror a public service can be took down.... or that the 51% measures taken are successful.

Comments?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 03:04:00 PM

~BCX~
You do realise right that saying that is calling CH an idiot - right?
There is no positive meaning to your statement.

From what I understand by reading the IRC logs is that Coinhunter is going to release an updated version client 2.01 or 2.02 for non trusted node miners and release that source. He has said he will not release version 2.00 source. It's plainly obvious he is simply going to clean up the bugs and release it, therefore pretending he released the source.

If he doesn't release the source for SC 2.0, nothing else really matters.

He must feel the block chain still requires a manual kill switch and manual reorg capability to remove undesirable people from the block chain  Cheesy

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: