Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying Bounty With TOKEN or ETH which will be better?  (Read 2458 times)
Jancuki

Activity: 789
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:50:59 PM

Even though payment using ETH for bounty participants is very good because ETH coins already have a clear value and we can also see how much each week we get but there are weaknesses if we only get ETH because it will be very satisfied if I get paid from the project token because we can continue to monitor the progress of the project and do promotions we will continue to do so while holding tokens, it's different if we only get paid using ETH, of course after the ICO is finished then we leave the project regardless of whether it will develop or not because we don't hold the token.
That's right, by being rewarded using the tokens they promote so that we will continue to support the project until it is successful, at least until the tokens can have the price they set.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jefcasidy

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:59:43 PM

For me I think I prefer receiving my reward with the bounty tokens, I believe holding these tokens for a long time will give more reward than the one been paid with eth or btc,

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
vallytech

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:29:53 AM

Yes it is true that bounty hunters normally dump their tokens but it's not all tokens, bounty hunters knows strong projects and they hold strong project tokens, So i will prefer the bounty companies to give an option to collect reward in eth or their bounty tokens, there are some people that might want to collect their reward in bounty tokens.
Stella27

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:41:04 AM

in my opinion id rather choose to be rewarded by tokens. because i like to collect more and more tokens from bounties. there are so possibilities that each token will have a great value one day rather than ethereum in which you can benefit if it will rise.
Dean_Jue

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:44:41 AM

I carry a similar opinion too. But by giving tokens to bounty hunters, the ICO company people cover their losses.
What if people don't invest in that specific ico? That results in people not getting enough money and losing more from their pocket.
Hence, they stick to this bounty model where they pay in tokens.
mbally

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:12:49 PM

I wish it will be really possible to start paying bounty hunter with eth or btc, it will really make sense so that you will be sure of what you will earn when the bounty ends, most times, you will calculate how much you will earn, when the token gets listed, the price will dip and it will worth nothing anymore making your hard work in vain.
gostop

Activity: 388

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

I also think it is better to use Ethereum or Bitcoin to pay bounty hunters, because bounty hunters are not investors, they should not share the interests of ICO, and they should not bear the risk of ICO.
Bounty hunters are more like office workers. They pay the same amount of work per week, but it may be unfair because the inconsistencies in the bounty items may result in a large difference in final returns.
So in my opinion, using eth or bitcoin to pay is more in line with the status of the bounty hunter, and more fair.

FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:27:29 PM

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

I did some knowledge storm and I arrived at this;

1. Bounty hunters always want to dump and get out as soon as possible

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

3. People sense something Fishy in the project and the want go out.

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

Now the QUESTION is what could be the curse? and what is the Solution
There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

But for many ICOs is it better to pay bounty hunters in their useless tokens. Why they should spend their raised Ethereums? When can they send them some tokens with no value?
So that is why bounty campaigns are not paying bounty hunters in ethers Wink.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:33:33 PM

One good thing to talk about is this.
If an ICO believes on their TOKEN to rise in the market, why don't they let hunters get ETHEREUM?
This will prevent the dumping of token once listed. But as a bounty hunter i like to have tokens still.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:40:41 PM

thanks for this solution, hopefully your statement will be heard by every ICO dev and the wishes of all bounty hunters will be realized.
Hopefully the victory of Bounty Hunter returns like 2017 down, this solution is the right solution to maintain the price of ICO tokens
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:26:40 PM

I wish bounties will be paid either with ETH or BTC, it will be better for bounty hunters. At least they won't end up receiving worthless coins after working themselves out promoting the ICO.
Honourable11

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:32:20 PM

I think paying bounty hunters with etheruem is far better than paying them the normal coin.
You have just hit the hammer on the nail and you are on point, because this will reduce dumping by bounty hunters. This is a good idea.
furball64

Activity: 271

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:34:33 PM

How to pay for the bounty campaign is decided primarily by the employer. As far as I know, a couple of years ago the Bitcoins paid for the bounty campaign, and even now there are rarely campaigns where payment is made in a stable currency.

kunpeter

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:11:27 PM

I believe that if the project is really good and that tokens are needed for utility then it's better to be paid in tokens rather than eth. Also, the dumping of tokens from bounty hunters usually happens so if they don't believe in the project then it's good to get rid of them at an early stage and let the believers have the tokens to support/use the product.

Good example for a bounty Hunter that dumps tokens early? "If you don't believe the said project then it's good to get rid of them at an early stage and let the believers have the tokens to support/use the product...
danceinthedunes

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:16:43 PM

Some of the excuses I've heard is that some bounty hunters also want to be part of the project and have their stake there, but they can do the same with eth, they can buy their tokens like most investors, now I think that won't be done, because most ICOs are made because developers don't have money and they need it to continue with their project, so I see very unlikely that they will get out of their pockets to pay the bounty hunters with ETH.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:18:41 PM

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

I did some knowledge storm and I arrived at this;

1. Bounty hunters always want to dump and get out as soon as possible

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

3. People sense something Fishy in the project and the want go out.

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

Now the QUESTION is what could be the curse? and what is the Solution
There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

I do think that paying on eth would be more convenient to the participants but it won't be good for the project. The tokens will not be distributed to many people and it won't circulate in the market because eth will be the one that will. Bounty hunters play a huge role in a project not only in the promotion stage but also after the exchanger listing part. They would also help the project itself for a long run especially those who will hold it. If ethereum will be the medium of payment, the focus will only be to ethereum and not in the project.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:20:21 PM

Very few bounties used to pay with ethereum, and majority used to pay with the tokens. With tokens we need to have patience holding till it gets listed to the exchanges while with ETH it is simple to make use of it as it has got large number of markets as well trading pairs with majority of the altcoins.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:33:31 PM

I believe that paying in Ethereum or bitcoins is not profitable for the project. They also need to distribute their token so that people can use it to increase interest. Personally, I like the payment in the project tokens more, because if the project is promising, then I can keep their coin for a long time and get garazdo more profit than I could get in bitcoins or Ethereum.
Groxnii

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:36:41 PM

I do buy this offer because it's good, especially in terms of bounty hunters, but think about it, the ICO team will buy the idea.
ehiozuwa

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:38:35 PM

makes a lot of sense for bounty hunters, the only challenge is that shifts a lot of financial burden on the project.It will curb dumping
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: