Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying Bounty With TOKEN or ETH which will be better?  (Read 2470 times)
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:40:43 PM

I think it's better if tokens is given away rather than Eth, Btc and other tradable coin is that the fact that you will get a share of the company and this will build foundations for the company since you have a share you'll want it to grow so you'll have you're hard earned profit.
gavikzal

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:46:00 PM

This is a really good offer, but it seems to me that it is not profitable for the project team to pay awards in eth. Also bounty hunters are supporting the project and get a return in the coins of the project. Perhaps it is wrong to pay awards in another currency.

Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:57:59 PM

Yes, there are projects where is paid to Ethereum but, as a rule, you will not earn much there. For me, it is more usual to receive tokens, because they have unlimited potential for growth and i can get much more profit.

Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:24:09 PM

The solutions you proffered are likely to work well, if project developers can adopt it. I think some people have also suggested that, so i think it is high time that system commenced.
jayden316

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:28:57 PM

When developers pay bounty with a token, the project will be more profitable. Developers have no money to buy eth pay us
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:31:12 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2018, 06:33:29 AM by EmmanCryp

I like your ideas. Devs and people always blame bounty hunters for tokens dump when it's listed in exchange. Infact some devs purposely delay bounty payment because of the fear of dump from them. So I think they should consider paying the bounty in an already established coins.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Cryptomania12

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:35:03 PM

this is not very important, the main thing is to pay on time. Tokens can be sold and ether can be sold, there is no difference if the project is not scammers
asongotan

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:38:42 PM

everyone is different in principle. but for those of us who want to know exactly the rewards we will receive, payments with ETH and BTC will be liked, but when we like more money then the tokens are very much needed, because they can be sold when prices are expensive
TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:44:47 PM

Yes, there are projects where is paid to Ethereum but, as a rule, you will not earn much there. For me, it is more usual to receive tokens, because they have unlimited potential for growth and i can get much more profit.

In some cases it is true, especially if the project is really authentic, strong, and is already operational to so many consumers.
But most of them, the decline of price is so fast that you can't even have the time to send your tokens to that exchange.
So for some hunters here, just to be safe, they will choose projects that are paying either in btc or eth. At least, they have assurance that they will earn something every week.
But, I agree to others that sometimes if you're lucky enough, if you are in a good project paying their tokens, you will really earn money that it's almost equivalent to your one-year salary of a regular day job.

And one advantage of paying their tokens is really the movement in trading once it hit the exchanges, at least there are people who will activate the trading.
But, if the project really believe that they have something to offer in the community, that they have already sufficient funding for their developments, and that they really have money, then, they can run their campaigns via payment of eth or btc.
Or they can run both. They can get the advantages of both sides though.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2436
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:46:25 PM

Need to accept that dev paying token for the participants for the project becuase they need to promote his own tokens  use for the project. Sadness here is if the project aren't successful need to accept that part of the life have an failure.
But the project got success and the token listed at the market with have huge value good benefits they received.

Qirtov

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:51:16 PM

in the bounty hunters point of view this is a great solution. But for ICOs projects. This will bring no initial circulation on their coins and less people to hold theirs(the fact that airdrop purpose is opposite).

And please consider when all bontier is paid in ETH or major coin. What will happen in the market?
I think it will worsen the market significantly.

I agree, mate. For bounty hunter, paying in ETH should be better but for the ICO project it gives no worth. In fact, It's rarely to find a project paying bounty hunters in ETH. Mostly of ICO projects pay them in their coins.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:51:54 PM

ICOs runs because it needs money to develop its project. now because you want bounty hunters to be paid in btc, eth etc.. the money to be paid will be getting in the funds and it will affect the development of the project. bounty hunters are not the only reason price drop it may also be the investor. but you see bounty hunters see it as a job and a source of money and they have the right to sell their tokens. the price will recovered if the project is useful.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:53:06 PM

This depend to the quality of the project...me i prefer eth to guarantee the profits

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
TravelMug

Activity: 2702
Merit: 855

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:59:06 PM

For me I think bounty hunters would love to be payed in Ethereum. However, we should also understand where the Project in coming from, they still haven't raised any money so its pretty obvious that as much as they wanted to pay their participants Ethereum, they can't that's why tokens are being issued. If the price goes down because of the bounty hunters dumping so be it. But if the project is really good and can be used in real life then the dump will be offset by investments coming in the project.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
CoinMaster69

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:01:17 AM

I think it would harm the ICO too much (not so much circulation/demand in their tokens, etc.), but for the hunters it would be great.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:29:05 AM

You have some good points here, but the Project also wants people to use their token at the initial time, then also they need to have some level of holders for some exchanges to consider them. Think about that.
bigdaddyderp

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:39:26 AM

I like receiving the token I'm doing the bounty for.  I realize sometimes we get duds but man when one hits or you become part of an awesome community it's really cool.  If we all got Ethereum we would not experience that. 
kingdomofhearts

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

It is not impossible for bounty hunters to be paid in other currencies like BTC and ETH. There are sections on here you can get such jobs and they are open to select ranks. But I feel this not feasible for most ICOs to do considering the number of bounty participants they get and it will not encourage the circulation of their tokens

Wrong. If you're talking about whether they can or cannot pay through BTC/ETH, they definitely CAN. It is possible. However, I think it's more of an issue of liquidity. Plus, if you think about it, why would they even pay someone through the money that they got from raising fund right? It would be very beneficial to just issue tokens rather than pay with btc/eth.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:53:22 AM

That's not how bounty works. If Bounty managers did as you say, they will have to pay cash from their own pockets or their investors'. Why would they do that if it is possible to create a marketing campaign (rather spammy) paying them free money they just created (their tokens)?

Even before bounties became a thing like it is now, the tokens prices used to take a dip on its first day of listing on an exchange. Not defending bounty hunters, but investors who want a quick buck will influence the market much greater than bounty hunters, in my opinion.

I don't think they will have to pay cash from their own pockets because if they would just set the bounty payments as a percentage and they are collecting ETH as payments anyway then they would just pay the participants a part of the ETH they collected. This would prevent the participants then to dump their tokens in the exchange and stop blaming them for it when the price goes down below ICO value. It may still happen that it would dump because the investors may dump their tokens as well.

Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:42:50 AM

A lot of us might want to choose the Ethereum option over the token option because we believe that the value of the pay might depreciate over time if it is in tokens, but will remain the same or even go higher if it is in Ethereum, or fiat.But the truth is that I do not see the possibility of this happening especially because the distribution of these tokens are meant to serve a purpose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: