Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:28:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GoldBars (GDB/GOLD) | KGW | Scrypt | Safe IPO | Rare  (Read 43902 times)
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:46:18 PM

I agree lets make it a community rare coin come together to help a new dev trying their best. Too much hate is not good lets spread some joy work together and get a lovely rare coin out there.. Smiley

I agree!

Thank you a coin with a good community is a coin going places. Developers want to help?

We need working mac wallet linux wallet for relaunch

Anyone want to build a game?

Come on bring your ideas to the table you have a voice and it needs to be heard lets work it out together.

What pools will promise not to launch until the new relaunch time?

If the source is given to you before launch etc etc etc..
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:48:45 PM

I am all for a re-launch. However, lots of people have expended electricity on the old coin. Having said that it was their own choice to mine while you said you pulled the plug and that is the risk of mining. Despite how much I like to be able to mine easy coins in the beginning, I would recommend that you do something similar than GPUCoin and give low rewards for the first few blocks (but not 2600!) after which the real rewards kick in. This way the tensions will be tempered and problems with setups etc will be ironed out before the real rewards kick in.
coins-pool.fr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:52:16 PM

So guys is it makes any sense to mine this coin? Huh

Read my above post. I am asking the community if they would like the idea of a new and improved gold bars or fix this one or what?

I'm just simple miner. Got no idea about dev Wink

I am asking, should I make a Gold Bars 2.0, fix everything up make it better and get this idea of the ground the right way? Or should I fix up the current coin and try to get that going (Will be harder) or should I reset the blockchain or?

Why not
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:54:11 PM

IPO refund not received
itsallpc

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:55:43 PM

I am all for a re-launch. However, lots of people have expended electricity on the old coin. Having said that it was their own choice to mine while you said you pulled the plug and that is the risk of mining. Despite how much I like to be able to mine easy coins in the beginning, I would recommend that you do something similar than GPUCoin and give low rewards for the first few blocks (but not 2600!) after which the real rewards kick in. This way the tensions will be tempered and problems with setups etc will be ironed out before the real rewards kick in.

low block rewards for 1000 blocks maybe that sounds good
robertson2013

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:57:45 PM

This is better guys, we can all make it work. For me personally I would like to KGW after a certain amount of blocks or days. The difficulty just seems to sky rocket with this from the start on other coins I have seem which rules out lots of people within a few hours.

Not an expert but just from mining other coins this seems to be the case. Maybe an early adopter and supporter reward.
itsallpc

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:59:55 PM

This is better guys, we can all make it work. For me personally I would like to KGW after a certain amount of blocks or days. The difficulty just seems to sky rocket with this from the start on other coins I have seem which rules out lots of people within a few hours.

Not an expert but just from mining other coins this seems to be the case. Maybe an early adopter and supporter reward.

1000 anti instamine low block rewards

KGW to kick in after x amount of blocks allowing for solomining

next?
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:02:42 PM

I believe the only real GOLD coin is Klondike coin!!! Nobody is mining GoldBars, problems with source etc.... I would suggest mine Klondike coin and dev from the moment your coin is up and running without any problems then i'm certainly willing to help you a little. But for now, only one word Mine Klondike coin the only real GOLD coin.
Gold-Bars (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:06:19 PM

IPO refund not received

You must Email me or PM me (Whichever way you originally payed) to get refund although we are potentially working on a new Gold-Bars right now if you would like to keep it in.
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:08:22 PM

IPO refund not received

You must Email me or PM me (Whichever way you originally payed) to get refund although we are potentially working on a new Gold-Bars right now if you would like to keep it in.

Thanks

Just sent another email from my gmail
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:16:22 PM

Another suggestion would be to if you want to accommodate the people that have mined the old coin and stayed loyal, is to allow them to send their old coin rewards to your old coin address by a certain cut-off date before you shut-down the wallet and then they can trade-in the old coins for some of the new or perhaps in a ratio. This will definitely keep the loyal miners loyal to your new coin.
sillyputti

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:54:32 PM

Another suggestion would be to if you want to accommodate the people that have mined the old coin and stayed loyal, is to allow them to send their old coin rewards to your old coin address by a certain cut-off date before you shut-down the wallet and then they can trade-in the old coins for some of the new or perhaps in a ratio. This will definitely keep the loyal miners loyal to your new coin.

+1

avemitchell

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:31:17 PM

See... what blows my mind is the fact all of you haven't abandoned ship yet. New coins come a dime a dozen, there are like 2 or 3 coins coming out every single day at this point. Yet you're still stickin' around with someone who clearly doesn't know what he's doing? I just started mining 888 instead, fuck it.
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:45:07 PM

If you are going to do a relaunch, I would be willing to setup another pool on one of my servers. I would prefer that you get us (pool operators) the wallet before launch for testing, then reset the blockchain at launch. I am sure that there might be some pool operators that might try to take advantage of the situation and do some early mining. I am thinking about creating some kind of BBB for pool operators, some place to make complaints, and a place for devs to checkout pool operators and select them based on reputation for a launch.  

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:51:28 PM

If you are going to do a relaunch, I would be willing to setup another pool on one of my servers. I would prefer that you get us (pool operators) the wallet before launch for testing, then reset the blockchain at launch. I am sure that there might be some pool operators that might try to take advantage of the situation and do some early mining. I am thinking about creating some kind of BBB for pool operators, some place to make complaints, and a place for devs to checkout pool operators and select them based on reputation for a launch.  

+1
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:55:50 PM

+1

That's a pretty cool idea about the BBB for pools.  We would be on board for something like that.

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:03:51 PM

+1

That's a pretty cool idea about the BBB for pools.  We would be on board for something like that.

I just registered a domain name pooloperators.org. I will put up site maybe tonight. Just a wordpress site to get us started. Anybody have ideas, let me know. I think getting the reputation of pool operators would a good idea.

pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:04:29 PM

OK, guys, my two cents.

1. This coins is nice and we need to get it working.
2. If now the current coins is just fixed this will not be fair launch as it was initially announced as a failed launch and some guys stopped mining it, while other went on! So, to have a fair launch, we need GDB 2.0 or at least official relaunch with clearing all old wallets and coins.
3. Regarding IPO, when people saw that dev is a honest guy and want to invest now, this will not be fair to the guys who invested initialy and took the higher risk and also when no more IPO shares and second launch were planned! So here, in order everything to be fair, I am suggesting either: no new IPO, or,if some of the refunded guys from the initial IPO do nto want to get back, the other guys from the IPO to be granted to buy their shares, and only if there is left place after that from the initial shares, other guys to buy these limited shares! And yes, I do accept I am one of them, but I am sure all of you will agree I am right as this is just fair!

Actually all of my suggestions are based on the story of GPU coin and I belive there things were set the right way.

Cryptostats.es
sillyputti

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:05:35 PM

are we still going to get paid from the faucet?

i think the way it's hanging by a thread right now just makes it even rarererer.  0.0015 looks pretty good right now.

i'd like to keep them for collectors coin plz.
robertson2013

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

This is nice to see after all the nonsense and comments earlier (I stayed up all night lol) We do the right tweaks and give it support from the community and this can be one of the best coins out there.

Fair and transparent launch with pool operators and the devs working together.
A very low pre-mine to support the original IPO investors and a small number of new people that helped with the re-launch
low inital block reward to allow fair access for everyone to get running.
KGW after a set period.
low number of coins.
community based

That's a pretty good mix for a coin!!! With the right support it could indeed be a store of wealth and everyone has a fair start.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: