Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:09:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】 ✅ LETHEAN ✅ - Secure, Anon & Fast P2P-VPN-Network backed by the Blockchain  (Read 38769 times)
sot173

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:56:24 AM

Is the dev team considering a fork to CN8?
jardine

Activity: 679
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:20:49 PM

It would be useful, if dev team will add profit calculator to recommended pools (mentioned on official site).
Only 1 of 5 pools have a calc.

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
Ribak1992

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:25:13 PM

Lethean project got a interview   Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4wwdE2dV4

Interesting video, comes in perfect sync with the advertising campaign!

For a team that did not do an ICO, the Lethean team has shown their transparency and legitimacy. Lethean is a real decentralized VPN project with actual exit nodes that anyone can test today. The full VPN client is around the corner. And if you are a crypto investor reading this, you might just stumbled into a gold mine. Smiley

the problem is that many people have lost confidence in these types of projects. there was deeponion privcy and others that have enriched only their creators and that's it. so now investors have become smarter and no longer go to such options for investment.

In the beginning everybody was engulfed by the hype. Now it is time for precise measuring if a coin will survive. Because in the next 3-4years there will be no more than 100 coins left. They will be:

1. The old coins
2. The free transfer coins
3. The masternode coins
4. And the utility coins (as LTHN).

All others will eventually die out.

this is logical and think everything in the market has begun to understand this. as a result, the number of projects is reduced and decreases, although their number is growing. im agree with you in many respects, although if the project has a large community, it will be able to continue working. and a large community is from 10k active users per month. all the rest will remain for geeks out of interest and exchanges
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 12:36:43 AM

Did the whole Lethean network just die? My local daemon shows the total network hashrate as 620 H/s. I thought it's a problem on my side, went to check other larger pools and they're all dead - no one seems to be finding any blocks. Shocked What's going on? I'm stuck at 296645. The official pool is somewhat close as well. And hashvault.pro is at 298288. Did the chain split?
valiant1

Activity: 219
Merit: 121

Lethean Developer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 05:23:14 AM

Did the whole Lethean network just die? My local daemon shows the total network hashrate as 620 H/s. I thought it's a problem on my side, went to check other larger pools and they're all dead - no one seems to be finding any blocks. Shocked What's going on? I'm stuck at 296645. The official pool is somewhat close as well. And hashvault.pro is at 298288. Did the chain split?

Tonight, over the course of several hundred blocks, it would appear some manipulation occurred to drop difficulty and make a bunch of low difficulty (essentially "free") blocks. We are looking into the issue to determine the exact cause. At this time it is unknown how the exploit occurred. The good news is that daemons are automatically properly re-syncing back to the main chain before any of the block manipulation started (block 296225). However, any daemon mining blocks (eg. pool daemons) will require a restart before they will work correctly. To that end, Venthos and I have restarted our pool daemons and are attempting to get the network moving again. I am off to bed now but will resume analysis of the issue first thing in the morning to figure out what went wrong and ensure the issue does not recur. I will update you as we know more.

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
leomaster

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:46:39 AM

Tonight, over the course of several hundred blocks, it would appear some manipulation occurred to drop difficulty and make a bunch of low difficulty (essentially "free") blocks. We are looking into the issue to determine the exact cause. At this time it is unknown how the exploit occurred. The good news is that daemons are automatically properly re-syncing back to the main chain before any of the block manipulation started (block 296225). However, any daemon mining blocks (eg. pool daemons) will require a restart before they will work correctly. To that end, Venthos and I have restarted our pool daemons and are attempting to get the network moving again. I am off to bed now but will resume analysis of the issue first thing in the morning to figure out what went wrong and ensure the issue does not recur. I will update you as we know more.

I think you should do not process rollback. XDN and LOKI have some errors but they never process rollback, because miners must payout electric bill and sometimes it is a gift for miners.

wacko
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:12:45 AM

I think you should do not process rollback. XDN and LOKI have some errors but they never process rollback, because miners must payout electric bill and sometimes it is a gift for miners.
But who's finding any blocks? My local daemon stopped syncing and I couldn't find any - even though the network difficulty is 74k and I'm supposed to find new block every 2 seconds. Smiley The largest pools haven't found a block for 8 hours as well.
leomaster

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:22:33 AM

But who's finding any blocks? My local daemon stopped syncing and I couldn't find any - even though the network difficulty is 74k and I'm supposed to find new block every 2 seconds. Smiley The largest pools haven't found a block for 8 hours as well.
I did, I mined at https://lethean.herominers.com/ and they clear all my coins. It still find blocks normally. I think others pools have problems but Herominers has not.

https://lethean.herominers.com/#pool_blocks

my machines find the blocks so I think if Devs do rollback seems to be not fair.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:35:13 AM

I did, I mined at https://lethean.herominers.com/ and they clear all my coins. It still find blocks normally. I think others pools have problems but Herominers has not.
Well, herominers "found" ALL the blocks from 296805 till 297079. With the total hashrate of a single mining rig - the whole pool is just a few KH. Smiley I understand that for someone mining there it's like winning a lottery, but that just sounds like a chain split or some sort of bug. Have any of those "mined" coins actually arrived to your wallet?
leomaster

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:41:47 AM

Well, herominers "found" ALL the blocks from 296805 till 297079. With the total hashrate of a single mining rig - the whole pool is just a few KH. Smiley I understand that for someone mining there it's like winning a lottery, but that just sounds like a chain split or some sort of bug. Have any of those "mined" coins actually arrived to your wallet?

No, all coins which I mined was cleared. Sad
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:51:47 AM

No, all coins which I mined was cleared. Sad
Because none of those were real. Sad That was a split chain and that pool was the only one mining on that chain - for 3+ hours it was "finding" blocks on its own private network. It's strange how it kept finding them though, mine just stopped finding any (cause the network has basically halted).
bandana121

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:32:34 AM

I noticed that Pallas who is listed CTO and Co Founder of Suqa coin (SUQA) https://suqa.org/ is also a core team member of Lethean Coin (LTHN) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4902692.0.
Just an observation. Make of that what you will.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 12:38:24 PM

Interesting ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:34:11 PM

It is already on the develop branch ;-)
I.e. coming soon.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:09:20 PM

I noticed that Pallas who is listed CTO and Co Founder of Suqa coin (SUQA) https://suqa.org/ is also a core team member of Lethean Coin (LTHN) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4902692.0.

SUQA looks like a completely different - and much less compelling - coin, so not really a big deal.

In other news, you probably want to pause mining while the chain split issues get sorted out. It looks like that perennial spammer, the herominers pool, went off the reservation a few hours ago.

vikec1989

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:52:33 PM

So what? You should be happy that there is such a developer and monitor his projects. Thank you for pointing out to me another project that I will be very happy to follow and to which I will also invest money. Pallas is one of the grateast developer in the world! Cool
Skroink

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:12:40 PM

It is already on the develop branch ;-)
I.e. coming soon.

Considering turnout of Monero´s hard fork you should reconsider. Nvidia is hurt badly and so is power consumption. Today its not wise to increase power consumption by a large city's needs just for an update. The development should aim at lowering power needs instead.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:14:14 PM

What's going on with the network right now? Is Herominers again on another fork? They seem to have more hashrate than the whole network combined. :-D

Seems like there is definitely some chaos the last couple of days. Ah well, as long as the price goes up (with the actual project being functional) it's just temporary hickups I suppose.
Made in Chernobyl

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:02:10 PM

https://medium.com/@letheanVPN/10-20-18-blockchain-attack-791352b63241?_branch_match_id=582603812825966738
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:03:24 PM

My pool is running on right channel.
What makes you think so? How do you know which fork is the "right channel" when even the devs haven't seemed to decide what to do with this forking madness yet? Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: