Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:09:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you still using MEW?  (Read 3870 times)
ElnurBash

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:04:21 PM

From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

myethereumwallet is nice and i believe that you will hot be disappointed in it so you may try and see if you like it
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Plumbank

Activity: 283
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:06:14 PM

In my opinion there are many issues regarding the use of MEW but it’s highly used because of its compatibility with all ERC20 tokens that helps to make easy of its transaction. It’s also doing well to prevent hacking.
ElnurBash

Merit: 4

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:07:14 PM

For now, I'm still using MEW to store all my ETH and ERC-20 tokens and seem like everything is still fine for me Smiley. All my ETH and tokens are still safe without knocking at the door by hackers because I always try to keep my PC safe with good antivirus software and a hardware wallet as well. LOL.
know a lot of people who are stillnusing mew and they feel comfortanble about it so i dpsee nothing wrong in this wallet
yes i agree i still have some friends who are happy to use it this wallet so they have no regrets about it why not to try
veekky

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:08:12 PM

Why not? I am still using ethereum and mew and I don't see any reason to switch my mind to another way to transfer tokens and ethereum. Can you suggest something instead of MEW?
Inastran

Merit: 2

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

From various sources, MyEtherWallet (MEW) are not under development and maintenance any more. Even its founders has confirmed that they are switching to develop a new platform called mycrypto and encourage everybody to move there property to there.
But IMO, MEW or mycrypto is just a gateway to access your real wallet in the blockchain, so, both of them are still fine event MEW is not maintained anymore, right?

myethereumwallet is nice and i think that you might find it necessary if not you may give it up any minute so why not to try

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
nussy

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:15:41 PM

MEW is still reliable wallet for now, but I found some other Ethereum wallet more easier to use the likes of IMT. It also cost more Eth to send out token from MEW compare to IMT.
Horraygram

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:16:53 PM

In my personal choice MEW is a nice wallet to use. It’s easy to use and you just need to add a hardware wallet to it for example, Ledger nano S. It’s also untouchable from hackers.
diedvw96

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:17:50 PM

should be fine until they make a radical change in the system, remember that they are only facilitators and all the necessary information is stored in the blockchain, so far it should work well, but it is also good to take into account measures for migration, because sooner or later it will be necessary.
Coinworld98

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:18:11 PM

I still use myetherwallet. It is more convenient for me to use than any other wallet. I am only concerned with the way most people have experienced hacking repeatedly. But I still prefer MEW.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:21:46 PM

indeed some of the founders and developers of MEW made new wallet providers under the name MyCrypto and this happened a few months ago. don't worry, because both are safe and I still use both. if you are afraid, then you can use other wallets, such as metamask, electrum, coinomi, jaxx and hardware wallets.
Yes, I'm going to switch to ENJ Wallet, but I'm just curious about things. And IMO, why don't they keep working on MEW since it was working very well, right?
I actually got the ENJ wallet a while back when it was launched and moved some fo my tokens there but somehow I am still using MEW the most, I think I have to check this info out and not get caught up
husanlarisa

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:22:08 PM

Never used. I only use metamask
Thank developers now I can send my tokens via metamask itself without need to launch MEW
blackwell77

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:24:31 PM

There are many reasons still to use MEW. It’s reliable and I think no best option than MEW has been invented yet. Its very comfortable to use by taking precautions from hacking.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:25:21 PM

Yes, I am still MEW although I have been looking for alternatives for sometime now. But I like the simplicity MEW offers.
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

I thought it was possible to access tokens stored in MEW in Metamask and other wallets. If this was so, I'll continue to use it. But I've not seen any problems with it so far.

classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:40:50 PM

I actually used it occasionally like when I want to know the total number of token in my possession, then also when I want to see a full name of a particular token received aside that, I am always stick to imtoken, metamask and coinomi but of recent I do use trust wallet.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:43:53 PM

From the very beginning, I could not trust the way the MEW works. For this reason I always acted cautiously. After I started using Metamask, I got a little more comfortable. However, Metamask needs to be developed a lot. It can be very useful in the future if it shows enough growth. It would be nice if we could send a direct token, for example.
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:54:38 PM

I have now abandoned MEW and use an app called Secrypto on the App store, its user-friendly interface and easy to use, you can easily create new wallets or import your old wallet into the app.

https://www.secrypto.io/
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:05:26 PM

I wouldn't advice anyone NOT even my worst enemy to use MEW, I have had friends share a lot of sad tales about MEW. In my opinion, it will be better to migrate or import all your Ethereum addresses to more secure and more flexible wallets to safe yourself the vulnerability of MEW. However, this is just my opinion.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:08:47 PM

I still use MEW, I really like this wallet. Anyone who finds this wallet unreliable, they should grow wiser and learn how to correctly store passwords from a wallet. I have had no problems with this purse for more than a year of use.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:09:54 PM

Man MEW is just a User InterFace (UI) of the Ethereum blockchain, it has nothing to do with your security, unless someone got access to your private key (keyloggers, phishing URLs,...), other that that, you're 100% safe.

You can always use another UI for the ETH blockchain, i hope this link will help you out:
https://nulltx.com/here-are-the-top-5-ethereum-wallets-supporting-erc20-tokens/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: