Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:41:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer U2  (Read 26260 times)
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:23:33 PM

Your screenshots still showed a lot of hardware errors.  How are you powering the Antminer?  You're not using the Pi's USB port without a powered hub, are you?

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
jomant

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

nope. Did some research I am aware that the usb miners are amp hawks. Here my setup the usb supplies 2A and the usb and a wireless dongle are the only consumers on it the big fan runs over a seperat usb cable i soldered to a old cellphone charge cable. Was reading that the pi got enough power of itself and not to suppy other devices with it
http://s27.postimg.org/96820mgan/IMG_20140406_132736.jpg
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:39:38 PM

nope. Did some research I am aware that the usb miners are amp hawks. Here my setup the usb supplies 2A and the usb and a wireless dongle are the only consumers on it the big fan runs over a seperat usb cable i soldered to a old cellphone charge cable. Was reading that the pi got enough power of itself and not to suppy other devices with it

If you're still getting a lot of hardware errors, I would try hooking it up to another computer directly, then with the hub, and seeing what helps.  If none of them helps, it is possible that you have a bad stick.  If it works directly (with another computer), but not with the hub, then your hub is likely faulty.

jomant

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:59:47 PM

ok I will check that out the USB hub is a cheap on so I start with that. I just wanna make sure that the config is ok as is.
http://s26.postimg.org/92fkd6gk5/IMG_20140406_135500.jpg
So many people in the web are just assuming and guessing I was reading thru the readme and made the jump in the cold water by getting the newest version where other people say dont get the new one stay with 3.1.1 because everybody is using that one. Please let me know if u want me to add or remove more from the config file. Thank you very much to both of you and I keep u posted about the usb hub results
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:22:06 PM

ok I will check that out the USB hub is a cheap on so I start with that. I just wanna make sure that the config is ok as is.

So many people in the web are just assuming and guessing I was reading thru the readme and made the jump in the cold water by getting the newest version where other people say dont get the new one stay with 3.1.1 because everybody is using that one. Please let me know if u want me to add or remove more from the config file. Thank you very much to both of you and I keep u posted about the usb hub results

If it's a cheap hub, especially on a Pi, that's probably it.  I am given to understand the the Pi is picky about hubs.
As I understand it, there isn't any config that is needed on the new Antminers, but I also use BFGminer because of MultiMiner (sorry ckolivas), so my config isn't completely translatable to yours.  

jomant

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

ahh ok awesome I put down the clock level from 250=2GH/s to 225=1.8 GH/s and the HW errors droped from 70 after 15min mine run to   3HW error after 15 min run... Can we now automaticly point our fingers at the USB Hub and say "BAD USB HUB" or is that not prove enough to blame just the hub for th errors. As I understand, more gh/s more needed energy?

Current screen
http://s26.postimg.org/csjsjthsl/IMG_20140406_144620.jpg
Proteu5

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:48:03 PM

http://s26.postimg.org/92fkd6gk5/IMG_20140406_135500.jpg

Personally, I never use *.conf -- I always use *.bat files or *.sh files to run CG/BFG-Miner. You should be able to call a *.sh file on PI with terminal. Just input your commands, save as .sh, right click - properties - allow executable (or +x chmod), then run that file. First rename or .conf so it doesn't use it.

I know 3.1.1 still has Scrypt support and that is one main reason why people still use it. I am 1 step from compiling and testing the newest CGMiner if it wasn't for MingW and windows ridiculous dependency linking structure.

• Create New Text-File
  • Save As Name.sh
  • Set Executable
  • Move into CGminer Root or put the address of CGminer root in the first line
  • ./cgminer or  cd /home/use/cgminer/
  • If -or- then type below it ./cgminer
  • Your next line will simply be your input command line

I've been working on a Linux program to organize *.conf files for mining different coins and using different settings. It gets messy when you have 20 *.sh files or 20 *.conf files.
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:52:40 PM

ahh ok awesome I put down the clock level from 250=2GH/s to 225=1.8 GH/s and the HW errors droped from 70 after 15min mine run to   3HW error after 15 min run... Can we now automaticly point our fingers at the USB Hub and say "BAD USB HUB" or is that not prove enough to blame just the hub for th errors. As I understand, more gh/s more needed energy?

Unfortunately, no.  There could be any number of reasons for low power.  I've had hubs that didn't like to give good power to certain ports.  It could also be bad voltage regulation on the miner itself.  The only way to be 100% certain is to take the hub out of the equation.

Also, yes, .bat files are the way to go.

jomant

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:56:26 PM

yeah I was reading that alotof people do that . It's just that Ijust started with this kind stuff. I orientated myself on the adafruit raspberry pi mining tutorial in conjunction with the PiMiner for the 6x2 display. They worked with config. files nice and need in autostart no monitor needed. I liked that idea so I basiclly stayed on that path. Try to not get to crazy confused by all this;)
jomant

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

HW Error increased from 3 to 6 in 46 min
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:30:58 PM

HW Error increased from 3 to 6 in 46 min

While that's probably an acceptable error percentage, since you're underclocking, you should probably be seeing none, especially in light that I have 16 right now overclocked to 2.4 with no errors.

oskuro

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:20:43 AM

I have raspberry pi with minepeon (MinePeon-0.2.4.6-RaspberryPi.img).

Installed it into a sd card, and i use browser to access minepeon.

I have to antminers U2 connected in an usb hub to the raspberry pi.

I have a question.

The 2 antminers U2 are mining, but they are using default bfgminer.

I would like to know if you recommend me better to use cgminer, and where can i find a tutorial for installing it.

I just installed last minepeon version for raspberry pi, and then just setup the pool url with user and pass, and its mining, but i dont know if its better to use cgminer or not.

Thanks!
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:30:12 AM

I have a question.

I would like to know if you recommend me better to use cgminer, and where can i find a tutorial for installing it.

I just installed last minepeon version for raspberry pi, and then just setup the pool url with user and pass, and its mining, but i dont know if its better to use cgminer or not.

Thanks!
In my experience, there is no significant difference between the two insofar as performance is concerned.  Your only differences will be features, and for your needs it doesn't sound like it matters.

oskuro

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:31:44 AM

I have a question.

Thanks!
In my experience, there is no significant difference between the two insofar as performance is concerned.  Your only differences will be features, and for your needs it doesn't sound like it matters.

Ok, thx!
oskuro

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:56:36 AM

Hi. Is there a tutorial of how to overclock this antminer U2??

+1

i have 2 antminers U2+ and would like to know(in linux), with my raspberry pi, what command line do i need to overclock them.

Right now, they work without overclock at 1.95GH/s. and would like to increase it a bit, without damaging the antminer.

thanks
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 1639

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:03:23 AM

That ancient version has no support for antminers anyway. It thinks they're block erupters and probably runs them at ~500MH.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Raptor2213

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:04:19 AM

+1

i have 2 antminers U2+ and would like to know(in linux), with my raspberry pi, what command line do i need to overclock them.

Right now, they work without overclock at 1.95GH/s. and would like to increase it a bit, without damaging the antminer.

thanks

It depends on what mining software you are using.  Start with this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390929.0

oskuro

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:11:41 AM

+1

thanks

It depends on what mining software you are using.  Start with this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390929.0

I have bfgminer, default miner with minepeon for raspberry pi. but i will ask on that thread, its just i have antminer U2+ and i thought it would be better to ask how to overclock it here in the antminer U2 thread.
jomant

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:08:51 AM

Ok the U2+ spouse to be at 2 Gh/s by just plug and play right? How do I know if I got a + or no +
jomant

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:12:31 AM

oh and here for the record the overclock settings. A noob (me) did some homework

ohh commandline for BFG is on the end:            antminer:clock=xValue          (no space between x and value)
and then after the x the value for the clock rate
1.6=0781
1.8=0881
2.0=0981
2.2=0A81

For CGMiner newer Version          --anu-freq Value                            (space after freq)
1.6=200
1.8=225
2.0=250
2.2=275
2.4=300

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: