Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: GHOST MONTH!!!!  (Read 557 times)
Andrea29 (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:06:21 PM

Do you believe that August is a ghost month?
Do you think ghost Month will affect the price on the cryptocurrency markets??
What do you think about this?? Is it true or it's just a mere folk legend by the Chinese lunar calendar??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ikingpain

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:22:19 PM

Funny fact. What is happening now with the market and the fact that August is a month's ghost .. makes you think. I do not think that it is somehow connected, but it's very funny.
b1marlin

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:24:21 PM

We really have ghost month in cryptocurrency, mostly August yearly and we can see it on the graph.
but i dont think that is the main reason.
it is the people who make any crypto rise or dump and not the month.
and it is normal in the market to fall and next to rise.
we should be careful on buying trades or invest in ICO.
MilaNOV

Activity: 169
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:34:37 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 05:49:55 PM by MilaNOV

I have never seen so funny topic before))) thank you, you made me smile. I think that these things are not connected at all. And of course, cryptocurrency during some periods goes up and down - it is a usual thing. And that it happens sometimes in August it is just the trivial coincidence. Smiley Wink
Andrea29 (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:57:14 PM

Based on my research about GHOST MONTH many investors has take a break and getting lie low for investing or any related of investment, since Chinese people had a strong and wide influence in the cryptocurrency world, "In fact, many stock market traders are also advised not to invest into anything with their money during this month as it is considered bad luck." What do you think??
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:21:23 AM

There are other parts in the world that are not superstitious and mostly believe in science. I also do not see any correlation between ghosts and cryptocurrency, if you believe that its a badluck then you really need to explore other than your country since people in different countries have been trading in your so-called ghost month, years before and are still alive and doing well until today.
jeffbitcoin2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:03:06 AM

why this topic its already off topic of bitcoin why?? yeah but in our tradition i beleive that this month are ghostly common!! but its up to you guys when you believe!!
Salikha

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:32:58 AM

Yes, the market system is a little down, I think so, it is not possible to say that this month is the ghosts month. Cryptomarket price may decrease at any time and may increase again. I think It does not depend specifically on any time.
daedalus8

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:40:57 AM

absolutely no, ghost can touch anything like market. thats so funny because truthly market red because so much people sale their crypto

‗/‾‾\__   ☆☆☆TrustedCar Flex ☆☆☆  __/‾‾\‗
╘Θ══Θ.╛ https://ico.trustedcars.com╘.Θ══Θ╛
paddyfield

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:04:38 AM

rofl.
This is the first time I have heard such a statement, although I am from China.
Vladique

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 02:43:13 PM

This month turned out really bad, but I hope it will soon end, because all that we see is just a fall. This month is really ghostly
SoliDCoiNs777

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:10:38 PM

It’s just a rumor spread by the crypto haters. Don't be panic and just don't listen to them. There are doing to make crypto down.
Vineeta2oct

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:17:42 PM

Well, I'm not cencerned with the ghost month but I do remember that bitcoin started growing insanely in the end months of 2017 and as we all know that ANYTHING is possible in crypto so we can also expect some action after this ghost month. This month has not been good but all the seasons in a year are not same.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:19:51 PM

I do not believe in it.  I heard our life and activity is subject to cycles, especially in this believe in the East, including the lunar cycles.  But I do not think that this has any effect on the movement of the cryptocurrency market and Bitcoin.
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:34:49 PM

I do not see how activities such as this are consequential to the price of cryptocurrency. It is going to change nothing.
BlackAngel999

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:42:36 PM

These are just superstitious talks and belies. Given that the incidents that took place happened in August was just pure coincidence.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:04:21 AM

Yes I believed that august is a ghost month When I was investing in stock market. But now that I am in cryptocurrency market, I believed that any month can be a ghost month. Because any FUD in any time of the year affect the price of cryptocurrencies.

What do you think about this?? Is it true or it's just a mere folk legend by the Chinese lunar calendar??
I think it's true for stock market. Because stocks prices are usually lowest in August. Also I remember that sometimes in december is the lowest.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:06:46 AM

I first heard about a ghost month, and I also don't know what a ghost month is and why you discussed it in this forum. can you explain in more detail about the ghost month you are talking about?
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 07:16:46 AM

Sad but it is a fact we cant change, mostly people are on hold and if not they are not buying because anytime from now the market will fall. So wht someone do a risky decision, the only option is not to buy and sell. Thats why we have ghost market, no volume in some good exchange. The ICO sale is also affected by this situation

Mundo12

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:19:24 AM

That's just a coincidence. Crypto reduction is due to the overall market trend. Perhaps this is the time to accumulate for longer term gains later Grin Grin
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:21:15 AM

there is no connection between ghosts and crypto because they intersect. crypto = science while ghost = not science.
DimHorse

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:25:20 PM

Well, this was funny! I don’t think that it is connected with the month August and the market condition. Market can fall or rise at any time in a year. It’s not just only the month August!
krenus

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:31:09 PM

well, one thing can be said for sure - it feels absolutely like it. what remained of good prices of btc and alts are really ghosts, almost transparent

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

This month is really ghostly, ghost month in cryptocurrency, mostly August yearly and we can see it on the graph. so, we should be careful on buying trades or invest in ICO in Agustus month. but I hope it will soon end, because all that we see is just a fall.
Natusik

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:35:08 PM

I think that August is no better and no worse than the previous months of this year, as well as those that will follow! This month did not justify the general expectations for the growth of the Crypto-currency  Cry
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2000

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:41:34 PM

I don't believe in any signs. August was the same as July. I want September to give a new impetus to the cryptocurrency market.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GlassBullet

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:59:11 PM

okay, this was absolutely funny! Market condition can be anytime good or bad. So that doesn’t mean that the month August and the market condition is connected.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

I do not think that can have any significant effect on cryptocurrency. As a matter of fact, what some people do not understand is that no occasion has direct influence on crypto, except it is influenced by some set of people.
sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

Okay, now this was very funny! Market condition and the month August doesn’t have any connection at all. Market can fluctuate anytime in a year. It is not only just the month of august. Yes, you may say it coincidence but not a ghost month!
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:40:41 PM

This is just a funny talk over the community.
you can see BTC now slowly getting up in the market while it is GHOST MONTH (lol)
we are just in bear season and we are going now at BER months which BEAR is not welcome (another funny fact but hope to be done)

BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

I don't care if August is ghost month or not and I don't think it affect to price of crypto market Smiley. The whales don't have time to care about if this month is a ghost month or human month, they just care about good and bad news and which one they can take advantage to get more money Smiley.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
twtr2
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:51:29 PM

I've never heard about this fact. What does it means "ghost month" ? Is it connect with any traditions?

fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:38:00 PM

Ghost month is an ancient traditional belief of chinese falls on August 11th - September 9th and the 15th day of the 7th lunar month which is August 25 is the Ghost festival. There are many do's and dont for chinese on this month. So maybe thats why china has a negative news on this month. Or many of chinese didn't active on this month on trading or they just FUDding to accumulate more btc.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:41:39 PM

Yes i do. The market make my investment failure. But i have some invesments. Hope they can go higher. Sometimes it need more time. I should find some way to make money.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:34:18 AM

You are right Because the crypto market has been averse to this month. Many have benefited and many are losing weight. I think the market will return to good condition very soon.
liripoop

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:14:25 AM

i am agree with you because There have been a lot of things happening in the crypto market this month. Prices have risen in the moment and the price has decreased momentarily. Behind the behaviors that were unsolicited in the month.
AmazingTiger

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:00:16 PM

yes this month are ghost month because crypto market are change their behavior. in this month cryptocurrency are fall down and it will be try to come back end of this month. i want know more about this.
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:33:18 PM

Its very interesting for me. I think this things are not connected. Crypto currency during some period goes ups and down its usual for me because it already stable. It happens now and then in August it is just the minor chance.
frekans07

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

The early August markets were live, but it went right into the ghost format. now the upward trend towards the end of the month come back.
Bitknick

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:47:35 PM

If you look closely, it becomes obvious that the whole August market drags itself slowly and does not move!
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:57:11 PM

Absolutely ridiculous clutching at straws, logic asks for reasons, however far fetched they may be.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:32:13 PM

This month is really ghostly, ghost month in cryptocurrency, mostly August yearly and we can see it on the graph. so, we should be careful on buying trades or invest in ICO in Agustus month. but I hope it will soon end, because all that we see is just a fall.

Ghost month is an traditional belief of chinese, I don't think that it's related in crypto currency world and the price of coin in the market. Why so many people are thinking  like that, in the past months saying that after the Chinese New year the crypto will start to recover from the dip, so what happened now? And now Ghost month? Ghost month is a ghost month and it doesn't have a big deal in the crypto market.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

CAPTAINPLANET

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:35:34 PM

Please don't Put such type logic in cryptocurrency world, the market is uncertain and all changes based on some real logic ,like ban of crypto in a county or correction etc.  Pump and Dump is purely based on circumstances not in month
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:40:55 PM

Do not think about stupid things. August is the usual month. By itself, a month on the cryptocurrency will not affect. The volume of trading, buying and selling coins influences the currency.

DarkBullet

Merit: 55

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

Base on the resources I got here --> https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/historical-data/?start=20170729&end=20170928

Ghost month is nothing but a superstition and not even related to price movement of those altcoins. What affects
the price in the market is those news that manipulates and brain washed those small time investors. As you can see, when there is a negative or a positive news, the market reacts exaggeratedly. It looks like fundamental analysis won most of the time than Technical analysis.
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:17:32 PM

Please don't Put such type logic in cryptocurrency world, the market is uncertain and all changes based on some real logic ,like ban of crypto in a county or correction etc.  Pump and Dump is purely based on circumstances not in month

There are many bad news that come and for me that is the reason of continue falling of the price and that's is the reason why bitcoin hard to increase.
tuanytcc

Activity: 476

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:23:36 PM

Yep, August is an unlucky month with Eastern countries such as VietNam, Chinese. Everybody will restrict the business because they think that there will be lots of bad things come to them

Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:23:32 PM

We should not afraid. because market has only two wings to fly in the sky & down to the earth using as a bird. it's not a matter ghost month. so be positive l think.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:59:17 PM

Well, this was funny! I don’t think that it is connected with the month August and the market condition. Market can fall or rise at any time in a year. It’s not just only the month August!
Apparently, a lot of people always tend to find some explanation to why something is happening at every point in time. I am not against anyone's belief or religion, but I feel all these kind of superstitious believes are just some man made theory that never happens and even if it does, I do not see how in anyway can be related to how the market responds at a particular point in time.

The market has been in downtrend throughout this year, so should we say from January till now, every month has been a ghost month ? Definitely not Tongue !
alexberezov

Activity: 462
Merit: 290

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:12:00 PM

I didn't even hear that. If you could tell us a little bit about this lunar month, I would be grateful. Thank you for this.
BitCoinGuy10

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:06:58 PM

The cryptocurrency market has't downdard for only one reason. There are many other reasons behind this. Time, present conditions of the market, market arrangements and the investors all are responsible for this.
Vasa101

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 07:33:16 PM

No, I don't believe, that August is a ghost month. I know, that the activity of traders in the cryptocurrency market is always reduced in the summer, so everything falls in price, but in the autumn usually the activity increases again and the market recovers

Surge_Dev

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:34:33 PM

To my mind, this is a strange name, I mean the ghost month. I think that the market experiences not the best times but the situation will improve soon and you will see that everything will be fine
jackpot888

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:35:52 PM

I hope you are right, but the market price situation does not depend on any month or time. The price of the cryptomarket will be reduced at any time and hope this price will rise again at any time.
Samtob4

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:50:48 PM

Ghost month only affect things in china it doesn't have effect on crypto market.. don't let link thing together here
dylanmeter

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:06:09 PM

it's funny but off course, ghost month will affect the price of cryptocurrency.  The market has been unwinding from a series of market price depreciation. I'm very optimistic about the future of the market. pray ghost months wouldn't continue forever
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:07:45 PM

You made me laugh well. You can find a bunch of superstitions, but do not pull them here. Crypto currency is falling in price because it is beneficial to rich people.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
StGermain

QuickX ICO

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:09:02 PM

Funny fact. What is happening now with the market and the fact that August is a month's ghost .. makes you think. I do not think that it is somehow connected, but it's very funny.

Oh, of course nobody expects any real movement, the new stop and the ETFs have been rejected, so we have to endure now a little of nothing happens before something happens.

freakslot

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

I think it's more of a coincidence than a pattern. generally speaking about cryptocurrency, I think that the analysis does not work here. everything happens more spontaneously and quickly, and for the most part as no one expects
ginellis

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:27:20 AM

there is no connection between ghosts and crypto because they intersect. crypto = science while ghost = not science.
I just want to assume this is something some group just believe based on their own mentality but it does not cut across everywhere and I do not see how it simply affects the way this market operates, ghost month or not. I was actually a little bit confused about what the ghost month was all about, and then after researching, I realized it is a festival and a Buddhist belief that hungry ghosts or restless spirits are roaming the earth and crazily negative things can happen in the process. I do not know if this means ghosts now have their own bitcoin wallet or something. Grin
Talat10gu

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:31:42 AM

The part of your message about calendar looks like logic, but I suppose that there have to be some other reasons because this fact is not enough for so strong conclusion.

Ikingpain

Merit: 3

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:32:04 PM

Oh, of course nobody expects any real movement, the new stop and the ETFs have been rejected, so we have to endure now a little of nothing happens before something happens.
When will the sun come out, I mean, when the news background is already positive? I see some problems and ... this market ... it kills me. Hopefully everything will be okay soon.
abubakar.tapo

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:31:19 AM
Merited by CryptoToxicAvenger (1)

And what? August I think was actually a mean to break the crypto market in the direction of rising prices for altcoyins. Today the first day of September and August confirms its role. According to many, some kind of shit-coin was 18 dollars yesterday, and today on September 1, the prince-coin became the one and gave growth of almost 9000% for one day and became 1700 dollars. This is not the wonders of August? Where are the investors?
Suares02man

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

If I still knew what it was. Although if you take into account the Chinese, and the fact that they believe in omens, everything is possible.
Mister.Satan

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

Please, don't bring your superstition over whole world cryptocurrency markets. I don't think it will sensible to apply an Eastern's value to the Western side.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:15:16 PM

It all depends on each other's beliefs, I, who is of Chinese descent, does not believe in the forecast calendar, indeed all crypto prices start to fall in 2018, not just August. But I hope that this month until 2019 there will be a big change.
munareal

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:20:07 PM

Ghost month is a superstitious belief that should not be related to crypto trading. It has been said that trading within that time is slow.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 03:50:38 PM

What are you saying this is a ghost month, Its a crypto market and market always gets up and down. when you trade you in crypto then you should confidence on yourself.

Answer United

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:13:40 PM

Last months were really confusing and unstable for all sides of crypto's world including prices, valums and so on. To my mind cryptomarket is ready for the increasing even today.
Casalania

Activity: 491

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:18:04 PM

chinese believes that august is a ghost month, it means many bad luck might happen in the whole month, since it is their belief, it will actually affect the price of cryptocurrency in the market, because there are a lot of investors coming from china.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
sabelakudri

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:33:20 PM

My view of the ghost moon is only mythology, although at the moment the ICO prices are falling dramatically, in my opinion the decline in cryptocurrency prices in August has no relationship with the Chinese calendar or ghost month.
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:39:34 PM

August very well showed itself and all the cryptocurrency grew! But over the past day, everything has changed and again lost 20% of the cost of all major cryptocurrency.
I am sad

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: