Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:50:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 reason ICO market problem today  (Read 855 times)
Nimbusrf

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:46:34 PM

I agree with you that the fall of the market is caused by fraud with ICO, price correction due to bitcoin and speculation in the market.
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:18:55 PM

The ICO market has huge problem today.
this is 4 reason

> Overvaluations
> Scam
> fraud
> Speculation

In other words, its no good to invest on ICO project. Lots of scams and its hard to detect them at the beginning unless you do some digging and investigative works. And even if they are legit and trusted, its just a matter of time before they will suddenly die down because of pump-and-dump (manipulation).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:29:55 PM

Now a very large number of projects and competition is quite large. One of the reasons may also be the incompetence of the team. They work out their plan badly, and in the end nothing good comes out. Perhaps soon ICO will be more successful, but for now investors need to be very careful about the choice of the project.

kiedis

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:36:18 PM

I guess that apart of scam projects, many of the ICO are too greedy establishing a very high price. Developers have seen that many project raised huge amount of money in ICOs and want to do the same. However, comparing the prices of ETH in ICO and other coins/tokens which ICO occured before 2017, the revenue is much better.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:41:18 PM

I think you forgot one key point. Many projects just have a "capable" team and an idea and that's it. These are mostly research projects that will take all their time in the world to start working on the concepts laid out in their whitepapers

Dolapoemmanuel
Copper Member

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 10:14:26 PM

I think the main reason is that the price speculation is always much more than the capability of what the volume pumped can move them with.  and i think the major problem is when many coins are sharing just a single blockchain, so they will be affected by the same factor either on the good side or the bad side. If each coins could built it own blockchain based it could have being a great ideal in the determination of prices of coins

PLEASE  :  1-Click Trips  |  https://please.com/
Be part of the Travel Revolution!
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:20:37 PM

this is 4 reason

> Overvaluations
> Scam
> fraud
> Speculation

The problem of icos and scams is getting too big to ignore, there are many good icos out there but with so many scams around, there are a lot of people that are deciding that investing in icos is simply too risky, and since regulations are not going to be enough to stop this I think it is up to us to do our due diligence in the coin in which we are interested and avoid investing if something is wrong.
But finding that something wrong wont really be that easy.ICO's nowadays would really be like a haystack and finding a needle out of that stack would be similar on finding a legit and a good project.
Due to scams and frauds it do definitely give lose interest and trust on making any investment.If this would continue I don't even see a reason for ICO trend to last long.Sooner or later we would see an another situation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

this is 4 reason

> Overvaluations
> Scam
> fraud
> Speculation

I would add here that most projects lack a working product, have a poor understanding of marketing and the market,in many projects, and a ban on participation in the ICOs in some densely populated countries.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
worldofcoins

Activity: 1890
Merit: 436

Telegram: @worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 10:21:59 PM

this is 4 reason

> Overvaluations
> Scam
> fraud
> Speculation

The problem of icos and scams is getting too big to ignore, there are many good icos out there but with so many scams around, there are a lot of people that are deciding that investing in icos is simply too risky, and since regulations are not going to be enough to stop this I think it is up to us to do our due diligence in the coin in which we are interested and avoid investing if something is wrong.

I'm in agreement with on many ICO being scams but then we must pause and ask ourselves why wouldn't there be. And by being armored with that knowledge we can decide on what's the right ICO to go for. Its imperative we do the research.
simpleholmes

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:23:34 PM

the trust to Ico`s is really decreasing as there are lots of very hyped Icos which are almost 4x down due to their ico price and the majority don`t care about investors on their telegrams by keeping price discussions on the other unofficial channels
shushle

Activity: 336
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 10:27:22 PM

The problem is only one and all the people who have long been on the crypto market know about it. They became a lot, a lot of promises,but really almost no projects do not fulfill the promised. There are fewer people who want to keep coins rather than sell them immediately.

│   F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │     A sports token that knows your favorite team
(     Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS     )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[   TWITTER     FACEBOOK     REDDIT     ANN THREAD     TELEGRAM     INSTAGRAM   ]
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:39:08 PM

Swindlers. This is the main reason for what is happening now in this market. Though Bitcoin and naughty, but faith blew it scammers.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:46:45 AM

I am agree with your points. There are several more reason but these four are the major reason behind ICO market problem. Specially scams and frauds hampers a lot in the market.
BTCisAngelCoin

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:10:41 AM

You can find frauds in every sectors. I think most of the time people are the reason behind getting caught by frauds. Many people don't wanna research which leads them to scams.
OneyZ

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

From my opinion the main problem is the huge amount of ICOs. For me quality matters more than quantity. In this ocean of ICOs people often face difficulties to figure out authentic projects.
Solidum Capital

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 09:31:44 AM

Problem is like with all unregulated markets that there is no repercussions for misbehaving and being a scammer. Until there is greed this market will exist and will bring insane gains as well as hurt investors badly.
We at crypto investment fund, SolidumCapital, have prepared a nice knowledge base for investing in ICO's. See it on our YouTube channel and subscribe to our channel for more quality content.
Content is free and will stay in the future!

ICO educational series
olsyd

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:34:17 AM

this is 4 reason

> Overvaluations
> Scam
> fraud
> Speculation
I think you forgot the main reason - ICO market is poorly regulated by law, if this problem will be solved all the others will be solved by themselves
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

Some ICOs now a days are scam. After ICO , developers will pump the value of their coins and after dumping they will leave their project. Some coins after ICO didn't even reach exchange. And some after ICO, price is lower than ICO price. Investing is a gamble. You don't need to invest on all ICO, just invest on those that have potential. Less risk, more possibility of profit.
LateMoveR52

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:11:02 AM

Fraud and scam ICOs are a curse for the crypto market. Many people losing their hope and going away from crypto market because of them. This needs to stop for the sake of the market. Regulation of the ICOs have become a crying need now in order to stop scams.
AltCoinShooter

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:14:43 AM

Scams, frauds have become the main problem in ICOs. There are many scam ICO present in the market. Many people loses their money because of investing in those ICOs. I think proper regulation is needed is for ICOs to prevent scams and frauds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: