Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Unofficial Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 10833 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
magzy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:38:43 AM

So I'm at a loss as to what to do next to get my money back from VMC.

Ken's own deadline came and went with out any comment or any check for that matter.

Anyone care to help me out, given the shareholders have told me to "fuck off" and that I have no rights to free speach.

Would this constitute reasonable grounds to say categorically in a court of law that the money has in fact been stolen from people and myself?

Hey not all the shareholders have told you to get lost. I'm on your side in regards to the stolen funds.

How much are you owed if you don't mind me asking, Ken should just take it out of the mining address ASAP and send it to you.

$769

What the hell, Ken has been fucking you around for 1.538 bitcoin? What the hell is going on in his head?

How many other people are owed money right now?

I know of 2 others who I have been in contact with privately - both of whom are owed more vast sums of money than I am - into the thousands each. They are getting the exact same treatment as me. I'll leave it up to them to come forward. So they don't die of the shame of the public knowing they had dealings  with VMC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:42:08 AM

Ken's own deadline came and went with out any comment or any check for that matter.

Anyone care to help me out, given the shareholders have told me to "fuck off" and that I have no rights to free speach.

Would this constitute reasonable grounds to say categorically in a court of law that the money has in fact been stolen from people and myself?

Hey not all the shareholders have told you to get lost. I'm on your side in regards to the stolen funds.

How much are you owed if you don't mind me asking, Ken should just take it out of the mining address ASAP and send it to you.

$769

What the hell, Ken has been fucking you around for 1.538 bitcoin? What the hell is going on in his head?

I know of 2 others who I have been in contact with privately - both of whom are owed more vast sums of money than I am - into the thousands each. They are getting the exact same treatment as me. I'll leave it up to them to come forward. So they don't die of the shame of the public knowing they had dealings  with VMC.

I sent Ken a PM urging him to just pay you and the others off in Bitcoin to end this madness. Why doesn't the company understand this negative press is costing us our future.

magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:44:57 AM

$769

Does Ken know your bitcoin address?

Post it here and hopefully Ken will give up being stubborn and will just send the 1.528 to your address.

Here is the address I asked Ken to refund my money to: https://blockchain.info/address/1CcaUYYkkHZxJKiCnHae7tcMRJzE9QSSQY

But I was labelled a troll for asking for a BTC refund and being unreasonable and taking advantage of Ken. I have subsequently been accused of Blackmail for promising to continue journalling this whole depressing episode until I am proven otherwise by way of having said refund given to me.

magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:46:07 AM

$769

I know of 2 others who I have been in contact with privately - both of whom are owed more vast sums of money than I am - into the thousands each. They are getting the exact same treatment as me. I'll leave it up to them to come forward. So they don't die of the shame of the public knowing they had dealings  with VMC.

I sent Ken a PM urging him to just pay you and the others off in Bitcoin to end this madness. Why doesn't the company understand this negative press is costing us our future.

+1 to you.

I appreciate your help.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:54:18 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 02:32:50 AM by magzy

So far, only three five people have confirmed receipt of the Prospector Boards. But the prognosis isn't great.

of the 25 known boards ordered:

15 Delivered are dead on arrival (computerjesus)
4 didn't get delivered (emjay47)
4 delivered and working. (bargraphics & unknown user)
1 Delivered (of 5) waiting for confirmation of working unit (emjay47)
1 Delivered Dead On arrival-  (kodemage)

One is user bargraphics who has a massive mining operation he provided links pics of his purchase.

The other is user emkay47 who ordered five and only received one:

So guys , its been 20 days , i converted my November paid pre-order to 5 x Prospector Boards .
So far , i have only received 1 prospector board . I was told that somehow they did not ship rest of my 4 boards along with 1 i received . I'm tired messaging on website as well to Ken .
I have no idea when my rest 4 board will actually ship .

I even ordered a few Harness Kits around a week back , even that has not been shipped yet .

Ken , please speed up your logistics , I don't seem to understand why would it take 20 days to ship out a few boards which where placed on order together .

If its going to take more time to ship out , let me know , i might be able to arrange a friend of mine to pick those up from you and my friend can DHL it to me .

Ken , please sort this out .

Lastly a reddit user http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/22ymey/fast_has_one_prospector_help/

who received a card and could not get it working only to be shirked by ken - outcome unknown.

Edit: found another user computerjesus  who ordered 14 prospectors and could not get ANY of them working with the obvious silent treatment from scammer Ken.
see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560034.msg6271685#msg6271685
and : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560034.msg6317813#msg6317813
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:49:04 AM

From Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=456691.0
Hashfast - Finally delivering, however high failure rates in initial batch. Batches continue to be delayed. MPP scheme soon to be shipping

Given that VMC are just reselling used hashfast boards re branded as VMC prospectors it doesn't surprise me that there is a 64% failure rate in these 'used' boards with thermal paste all over them now going out to unsuspecting customers.

Care to comment Ken? or the shills who are supporting him?

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:56:34 AM

Hashfast - Finally delivering, however high failure rates in initial batch. Batches continue to be delayed. MPP scheme soon to be shipping

Given that VMC are just reselling used hashfast boards re branded as VMC prospectors it doesn't surprise me that there is a 64% failure rate in these 'used' boards with thermal paste all over them now going out to unsuspecting customers.

I don't know too much about that stuff, but I was under the impression we are only buying the ASIC from Hashfast and we have based the boards off of the reference design, but rather had them contracted out to an engineering firm to build.

So we shouldn't we buying any hashfast boards at all.

I would too like an explanation.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:11:12 AM

So further investigation and dot joining.

It looks like the VMC Prospectors are in fact used and overclocked Hashfast Babyjet boards.

Babyjet : https://hashfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Marco-measuring.jpg
Prospector: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560034.0;all

Here is the original Babyjet thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.0

System Specs
 - 1 HashFast Golden Nonce (GN) Chip
 - Hashing Output: 400 Gigahash/s at nominal clock speed
 - Under 350 watt power draw*
 - Efficient liquid cooling

Chip Specs
 - 28nm custom ASIC
 - Power Consumption: significantly less than 1.0 W/GH at nominal clock speed
 - Designed to be underclocked for greater efficiency – better than 0.5 W/GH*
 - Designed to be overclocked for greater performance  - better than 500GH/s**

Logistics
 - We are selling 550 Baby Jet units for $5,600 each

- Shipments begin: October 20th-30th, in order of purchase
 - Payments to be made in BTC with the help of BitPay

- Order sequence to be posted publicly, sans private information
 - Weekly production updates will be sent to the email address attached to each order

The online shop is here:
https://www.hashfast.com/shop

and the specs of VMC:

The FastHash ASIC mining board has increased hashing output.
Each board can be implemented into the best mining system just
by adding a power supply,
cooling unit, and a mining controller.

Board Highlights
·Ultimate Bitcoin Mining Performance: up to 512 GH/s
·Typical Bitcoin Mining Performance:  512 GH/s +/- 20%
·Typical Power Requirements:  Standard PCIe dual 6pin to 12 volts of DC power
 @ .70 Watt per GH +/- 20% (power supply not included)
·Size:  4.0” wide by 12” long
·Mining Processor:  Multi Core 28nm ASIC
·Cooling System: Corsair 80i or equivalent liquid cooling system is required (not included)
-Power Supply: Corsair 650RM is required for the optional power cable (not included)
-Connectivity: USB 2.0 with 5 pin header is required. (not included) (wiring digram available)
·Mining Host Connectivity:  USB 2.0
·Form Factor: Stand alone

Processor Highlights
·Fast-Hash One 28nm ASIC
·Underclocked for greater efficiency or overclocked for greater performance.
·Built in thermal controls that allow the chip optimization without damage to processor.
Warranty:  Quality Controlled Pre-shipping tested against DOA. Experimental No Warranty
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:48:13 AM

This is Bargraphics mining pool http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FscNBYzd5CqDzUVQ9YapLQNtLbswkM4NL

Note that his 2 prospectors went offline 2 days ago (21-apr-14 @ 18:00)

This is Active Mining: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1DJpsvnM7xTnQbWEhLYyCyfxQyxwupEzCa
Note that their theoretical limit of 50TH/S (given the 75% failure rate) was exceeded to 60TH/S (21-apr-14 @ 21:00)

Is bargraphics lending Active Mining their own cards back to bump up the farm?

magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:03:22 PM

I posted the recent updates to the active miner shareholder thread but the Nazi mods preferred that you not see the scam for what VMC is.
computerjesus

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:05:06 PM

@ magzy. kodemage is actually one of my friends who was helping me confirm that all of the boards are actually doa. he has no more in his possession as i was just letting him hold the 14th board for a few days. i grabbed it back as i am now trying to get them all exchanged for working boards. 
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

@ magzy. kodemage is actually one of my friends who was helping me confirm that all of the boards are actually doa. he has no more in his possession as i was just letting him hold the 14th board for a few days. i grabbed it back as i am now trying to get them all exchanged for working boards. 

thanks for clearing this up. I'll update the front page.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:03:06 AM

A long list of excuses on refunds from Ken - but all refunds have been sent (unless they haven't)

January 30, 2014, 02:25:51 AM
We have a back log in refunds and are processing those as fast as we can.  If you have requested a refund from customer support then it is being worked on.

February 05, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »
That should have been processed, please contact customer service and tell them it has been 7 weeks.

February 05, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »
We had a little problem in December with BTC processing, so all Bitcoin refunds have to be checked, so that may be the hold up.  I will look into why you refund has not be sent.

February 27, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
Virtual Mining is currently processing and confirming pre-order refund requests.

March 10, 2014, 12:10:40 AM »
Refund to you ASAP.

March 11, 2014, 01:28:16 AM »
I have just hired a new customer service rep.

March 17, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Refunds will be processed in 2-4 weeks.

April 01, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »
Me:Ken, Given that refunds will never be processed, I'll take this deal to accept product from you instead of a refund.
Ken: I don't think so, we will just send you a refund.

April 07, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
We will be issuing you a check soon.

April 22, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
We are sending out your check today.

April 22, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »
@Magzy We are starting today to issue refunds including your check today.

Edit:  @Magzy  In getting your check ready, we found in our records that we have already issued our check number 123 on 2/17/14 to you.  That check has not cleared our bank, so we are put a stop payment on that check and re-issuing another check to you.

from me: April 23, 2014, 12:07:29 AM
No more false promises please.
This needs to be sent with a tracking number and a signature - I am happy to pay for this additional cost. Deduct it from the $769
OR the BTC address above I will then go through my post history and clean up any posts accusing VMC of scams et-al

April 23, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »
It has already been mailed today.

Sent to: kslaughter on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »
So Given that I am at the bottom of the list as per your post 2 weeks ago, all refunds have been given now?

No Response fron Ken
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:59:41 AM

A long list of excuses on refunds from Ken - but all refunds have been sent (unless they haven't)

January 30, 2014, 02:25:51 AM
We have a back log in refunds and are processing those as fast as we can.  If you have requested a refund from customer support then it is being worked on.

February 05, 2014, 01:11:34 AM »
That should have been processed, please contact customer service and tell them it has been 7 weeks.

February 05, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »
We had a little problem in December with BTC processing, so all Bitcoin refunds have to be checked, so that may be the hold up.  I will look into why you refund has not be sent.

February 27, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
Virtual Mining is currently processing and confirming pre-order refund requests.

March 10, 2014, 12:10:40 AM »
Refund to you ASAP.

March 11, 2014, 01:28:16 AM »
I have just hired a new customer service rep.

March 17, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Refunds will be processed in 2-4 weeks.

April 01, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »
Me:Ken, Given that refunds will never be processed, I'll take this deal to accept product from you instead of a refund.
Ken: I don't think so, we will just send you a refund.

April 07, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »
We will be issuing you a check soon.

April 22, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
We are sending out your check today.

April 22, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »
@Magzy We are starting today to issue refunds including your check today.

Edit:  @Magzy  In getting your check ready, we found in our records that we have already issued our check number 123 on 2/17/14 to you.  That check has not cleared our bank, so we are put a stop payment on that check and re-issuing another check to you.

from me: April 23, 2014, 12:07:29 AM
No more false promises please.
This needs to be sent with a tracking number and a signature - I am happy to pay for this additional cost. Deduct it from the $769
OR the BTC address above I will then go through my post history and clean up any posts accusing VMC of scams et-al

April 23, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »
It has already been mailed today.

Sent to: kslaughter on: April 23, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »
So Given that I am at the bottom of the list as per your post 2 weeks ago, all refunds have been given now?

No Response fron Ken

Sent from kslaughter: April 23 01:22:21 AM »
No, I moved you to the so that you would STFU.

Well, ken, I'm not going to STFU until I get my money back in my bank.
metroickha

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:32:47 PM

---
Your order with the reference PIDNLSMFM - Shipped

Thank you for shopping with VMC Shop!

Your order with the reference PIDNLSMFM has been shipped.
You will soon receive a URL to track the delivery progress of your package.

You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your customer account by clicking "My account" on our shop.

If you have a guest account, you can follow your order via the "Guest Tracking" section on our shop.
---

Hooray, let's see if it also arrives.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:41:47 PM

I don't know too much about that stuff, but I was under the impression we are only buying the ASIC from Hashfast and we have based the boards off of the reference design, but rather had them contracted out to an engineering firm to build.

So we shouldn't we buying any hashfast boards at all.

I would too like an explanation.

ken said before that he 'bought the chips" (from hashfast), "bought the PCB" (this seems to indicate that the finished pcb was bought from hashfast, rather than custom-fabricated), and that at least one assembly house they used is the same one used by hashfast.

it really sounds like ACTM paid hashfast to "build" them boards rather than admit to simply buying them.  More proof of the assembly and purchase process could clarify this easily, but the financial reports (the easiest way to know) are more than 3 weeks overdue

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:59:16 PM

Update [April 24 2014] 
Ken has sent the refund check. He says that he posted one back in Feb that has not been cashed. So he's cancelled it and sent a new one today. I asked for it to be sent recorded delivery but it had already been sent. When I asked him about ask the other refunds from other customers he relented that he bumped me to the top of the list to get me to stfu. I will only stfu once everyone who asked for a refund gets a refund.
biggennie

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:55:55 PM

Update [April 24 2014] 
Ken has sent the refund check. He says that he posted one back in Feb that has not been cashed. So he's cancelled it and sent a new one today. I asked for it to be sent recorded delivery but it had already been sent. When I asked him about ask the other refunds from other customers he relented that he bumped me to the top of the list to get me to stfu. I will only stfu once everyone who asked for a refund gets a refund.

We are still waiting on our refund.  Our order date was 2013-11-29.  We paid cash with a bank wire.  We waited until February to ask for a refund.  Still no refund and no updates as when or if we will ever see our money again.  I've never had a customer experience this bad in 30 plus years working in IT.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

Update [April 24 2014] 

We are still waiting on our refund.  Our order date was 2013-11-29.  We paid cash with a bank wire.  We waited until February to ask for a refund.  Still no refund and no updates as when or if we will ever see our money again.  I've never had a customer experience this bad in 30 plus years working in IT.

You can try pm kslaughter he will get back but it will be full of bs and false promises. It's only by 'trolling' (read being persistent) that I have at least got any traction on this. I agree that it's the worst customer service ever. But you should also try calling them. They will answer but all refund processing is done by ken.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:28:05 AM

It seems there are still other people not getting refunds as promised by Ken and VMC.

someone from China contacted me on PM asking for help because English isn't their first language.

@Ken, If people are asking for refunds then refund them instead of taking advantage of their inability to argue the toss with you.

Emkay47 from India has been waiting 4 weeks for his miners - of which you have personally cost him a large swathe of money.

No one in their right mind will EVER do business with your company if this is the treatment you serve out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: