Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Unofficial Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 10833 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

Very interesting.

Why would one want to contact that law firm and tell their story of being ripped off by VMC?

To what end would it serve?

To put ken where his place is (behind bars) and so that shareholders could recoup any milibits that then can get from him. And also to teach others to stop playing with customers money and orders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magzy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

Does this thing work like a class action?

The same company is doing a class action against BFL so I would guess yes if they can get a list of customers who have been defrauded.

http://www.woodlaw.com/sites/default/files/casedocs/2014-04-04%20Complaint.pdf

The active mining thread is going ape over this - they are very disgruntled.

They just went through and deleted about 7 of my posts while accusing me of telling lies to woodlaw. Idiots got to idiot.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:41:43 AM

Very interesting.

Why would one want to contact that law firm and tell their story of being ripped off by VMC?

To put ken where his place is (behind bars) and so that shareholders could recoup any milibits that then can get from him. And also to teach others to stop playing with customers money and orders.

Yay we can get our 429 BTC back. https://blockchain.info/address/16yTynjmSe5bsRGykDaaCL5bm2pxiEfcqP.
And the dividends 121 BTC for a total of 550 BTC.

Oh wait thats .000055 per share. I guess it puts Ken in jail but we can at least let the company try to succeed. At this point its just pennies we are loosing if we let this play out so why not see if Ken can pull this off?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:44:38 AM

Very interesting.

Yay we can get our 429 BTC back. https://blockchain.info/address/16yTynjmSe5bsRGykDaaCL5bm2pxiEfcqP.
And the dividends 121 BTC for a total of 550 BTC.

Oh wait thats .000055 per share. I guess it puts Ken in jail but we can at least let the company try to succeed. At this point its just pennies we are loosing if we let this play out so why not see if Ken can pull this off?

Are you a shareholder? Ken will never pull this off. He will never pay the bitcoins that people spent on shares. Never!

magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:47:45 AM

The Missouri securities investigation is for real.
They are also investigating VMC and Ken himself.

Any disgruntled shareholders and customers are encouraged to contact make contact with the MSD.

rogerli9

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:10:38 AM

Just an update for all of you guys.
Ken has told me that my 6 prospectors are staying as prospectors and that they have been shipped according to his project manager.
I will give you an update once i get tracking.
BitSwe

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:21:44 AM

Ken has told me that my 6 prospectors are staying as prospectors and that they have been shipped according to his project manager.

They have been shipped?
Lol, I belive that when you get them.
Putting stuff in boxes is just too damn hard to do for ActM. Accepting money on other hand is something they are great at.
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:28:21 AM

Update [April 30 2014]
The refund check (Now cancelled)Sent in Feb turned up today.
 postmark confirms it was sent in Feb and the check number confirms with what ken said it was on pm. So I can't blame him for this delay. The replacement check should arrive soon.

If ken could have just communicated this postage it would have avoided a whole rigmarole for the past 2 months.

In any case I unreservedly apologise to ken in light of this check arriving when all the evidence was pointing to a scam.

There is hope for ken after all... When I get my money
rogerli9

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:15:19 AM

They have been shipped?
Lol, I belive that when you get them.
Putting stuff in boxes is just too damn hard to do for ActM. Accepting money on other hand is something they are great at.

i am hoping it isn't bullshit, most likely it is.
They are good at accepting money
but it's too damn difficult to pack the prospectors into boxes and ship them haha
Well i will tell you tomorrow if i get tracking  
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:58:43 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 11:36:42 AM by JimmyJazz

Update [April 30 2014]
 postmark confirms it was sent in Feb and the check number confirms with what ken said it was on pm. So I can't blame him for this delay. The replacement check should arrive soon.

If ken could have just communicated this postage it would have avoided a whole rigmarole for the past 2 months.

In any case I unreservedly apologise to ken in light of this check arriving when all the evidence was pointing to a scam.

So will you withdraw your comments and actions that have undoubtedly effected ACTM?
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:10:14 AM

Update [April 30 2014]

You are going to have a whole bunch of posts to edit....

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
magzy (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:15:16 AM

Update [April 30 2014]

You are going to have a whole bunch of posts to edit....
Once the refund materialises and is cashed... With pleasure
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:16:17 PM

Update [April 30 2014]

curious how or why it took almost two months for the cheque to arrive? he should really be sending via registered mail for tracking and verification of delivery

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:57:15 PM

curious how or why it took almost two months for the cheque to arrive? he should really be sending via registered mail for tracking and verification of delivery

For the same reason the reviewer at CoinDesk got a bunch of bad checks:  http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/

TL;DR after CoinDesk guy asked for a refund:
The cheque was sent back with an accompanying letter clearly stating the correct spelling of the recipient’s name, just to be sure.

However, mid-March a new cheque arrived containing the same misspelling and, this time, it wasn’t signed either. At this point I started to wonder whether these errors were being done on purpose to delay the refund.

Declining my request to have the funds wired to my bank account instead, VMC will now be sending a third cheque (after receiving the unsigned one back from me).

So, maybe with some luck, some four to five months after applying for a refund, I will actually get my money back.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:58:39 PM

Just to update -

emkay47 is claiming to have recieved his remaining Prospector Boards. No word on the functionality of said boards yet.

So guys , After a long wait .
I have finally received my 4 remaining Prospector Boards .
Here are the pics - http://postimg.org/image/w6tex1tx9/

I guess , VMC just lacks logistics , but they are not a scam or a lie .
Ken , stood to his words , and i have got my package .

Thanks , ken .

rogerli9

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:05:24 PM

Just to update -

emkay47 is claiming to have recieved his remaining Prospector Boards. No word on the functionality of said boards yet.

So guys , After a long wait .
I have finally received my 4 remaining Prospector Boards .
Here are the pics - http://postimg.org/image/w6tex1tx9/

I guess , VMC just lacks logistics , but they are not a scam or a lie .
Ken , stood to his words , and i have got my package .

Thanks , ken .

Update from Emkay47
Ya man , even i asked him to convert my remaining prospectors for Gold Rush .
But he refused , i am testing my boards , 1 dead so far . Showing as a Zombie .

and from my side still no tracking
magzy (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:04:30 AM

Update [May 1 2014]
Of the 31 known Prospector boards ordered from VMC:

15 Delivered are dead on arrival - still waiting for replacement - (computerjesus/ Kodemadge)
4 delivered and working. (2 to bargraphics & 2 to 'unknown user')
5 Delivered - waited 30 days - 3 DOA,  2  confirmed working (one of these at only 300GH/S) by (emjay47)
6 ordered by rogerli9 (ordered 2014-04-11 - 3 weeks ago) Tracking confirmation - TBA
1 orderd by VinceSaimos - 2.5 weeks ago today - yet to be posted

Refunds:
@Magzy-  still waiting "has been posted"

@metalchain - Still waiting - I sent PM to Ken many times. He always reply to me "We will ~~, ASAP~~~, Quickly~~~, next week~~~"

@cryptoconomist- still waiting  - "Two weeks ago on a Friday I spoke to him again and he  literally promised me he was going to ship my order on the following Monday, but haven't heard from him. Since then, when I log into my account, my initial order has now been moved to "refund" status and my new order to "cancelled" which contradicts what Ken and I discussed.  I wrote so many emails to him and to the Active Mining threads but my posts keep getting deleted"

@meccaflare0 - still waiting "ken owes me like $x"

@greek_hephaestus - unknown  -"Thank you very much Magzy for your suggestion . I will do it in a few days. [contact the AG] First I send one more message to VMC. Thank's again."

@coindesk - http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/
btchedge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:41:42 AM

Have any Fast Hash One Gold Rush units been shipped? Any information posted on these?

Who is John Galt?
magzy (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:45:58 AM

Have any Fast Hash One Gold Rush units been shipped? Any information posted on these?

posted 5 mins before your post:

24 Hour Sale on our Gold Rush boards $200 off with this voucher K0JLPCYB

Limited to the first 25 boards sold.

No one I know of has ordered one yet.

33 Items in stock as of now.

I would be very careful throwing your money at VMC.

Going off the last batch, it will take ages for them to process payment, and about 1 month to post. Then there's a risk that the cards will be used cards in their mining farm with DOA problems. (abut 60% DOA rate)

Then there's the shitfight in getting a replacement or refund...

No one knows if they are in stock or not (there's no pics of units or assembly line) - this could just be a money raising exercise to fund their data center and you will get shaftd like everyone else.

If ken wants to provide pics and info about the conception of these boards then that will serve him well.

lenart_o

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:11:15 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm trying understand business policy of VMC
I'm waiting for refund since february this year
there is no chance to get back my money??
I'm from Poland and I don't have idea how to
get back my money .
From VMC i hear only empty words
refund start within 2-4 weeks and there is no check
after 2 months now I'm pissed off
and now I'm searching for lawyer in U.S. maybe he(she) help me .
Who can do something or if anyone have any idea how we can
do something with it .
another idea is group lawsuit?
Sorry for my english  Smiley
Regards
Leo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: