Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:31:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:01:38 PM

^Nothing new, it's Mr. Slaughter's MO.

CoinDesk article: http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/

TL;DR after CoinDesk guy asked for a refund:
The cheque was sent back with an accompanying letter clearly stating the correct spelling of the recipient’s name, just to be sure.

However, mid-March a new cheque arrived containing the same misspelling and, this time, it wasn’t signed either. At this point I started to wonder whether these errors were being done on purpose to delay the refund.

Declining my request to have the funds wired to my bank account instead, VMC will now be sending a third cheque (after receiving the unsigned one back from me).

So, maybe with some luck, some four to five months after applying for a refund, I will actually get my money back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:14:23 AM

24 Hour Sale on our Gold Rush boards $200 off with this voucher K0JLPCYB

Limited to the first 25 boards sold.
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:39:51 AM

How long will it take to process payment in both BTC and bank fiat?
How long after that will it be out of the door for shipping with a tracking number?
magzy

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:43:18 AM

How confident are you on a scale of 1 to 10 to not repeat the following with your gold rush boards?

Of the 31 known Prospector boards ordered from VMC:

15 Delivered are dead on arrival - still waiting for replacement - (computerjesus/ Kodemadge)
4 delivered and working. (2 to bargraphics & 2 to 'unknown user')
5 Delivered - waited 30 days - 3 DOA,  2  confirmed working (one of these at only 300GH/S) by (emjay47)
6 ordered by rogerli9 (ordered 2014-04-11 - 3 weeks ago) Tracking confirmation - TBA
1 orderd by VinceSaimos - 2.5 weeks ago today - yet to be posted

Refunds:
@Magzy-  still waiting "has been posted"

@metalchain - Still waiting - I sent PM to Ken many times. He always reply to me "We will ~~, ASAP~~~, Quickly~~~, next week~~~"

@cryptoconomist- still waiting  - "Two weeks ago on a Friday I spoke to him again and he  literally promised me he was going to ship my order on the following Monday, but haven't heard from him. Since then, when I log into my account, my initial order has now been moved to "refund" status and my new order to "cancelled" which contradicts what Ken and I discussed.  I wrote so many emails to him and to the Active Mining threads but my posts keep getting deleted"

@meccaflare0 - still waiting "ken owes me like $x"

@greek_hephaestus - unknown  -"Thank you very much Magzy for your suggestion . I will do it in a few days. [contact the AG] First I send one more message to VMC. Thank's again."

@coindesk - http://www.coindesk.com/mining-hardware-companies-miners-roundup/

@qukkM - still waiting "I received a HashFast refund in a timely manner, VMC sent and unsigned Check first of all then asked me to send it back and since then I have heard nothing."

HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:08:11 PM

Ken,

could you tell my about the status of my refund cheque?

It's been 5 months now since I requested a refund...

Prepare to enter a world of stress
magzy

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:32:25 PM

Ken,

You seemingly have to pray,  pester, troll and write really bad things about ken and VMC in order to get a refund.

It took me 6 months and all of the above to get mine.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:33:17 PM

Ken,

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Isn't ken legally required to give refunds for every single preorder due to the fact that the product no longer exists? FTC says he can have delays up to 30 days past original shipment date or else refunds must be given. And FTC also says refunds must be given within 7 days of order cancellation.

How Quickly You Must Make a Refund

When you must make a Rule-required refund, the following applies:
    If the customer paid by cash, check, or money order, you must refund the correct amount by first class mail within seven working days after the order is cancelled.
    If the customer paid by credit, you must credit the customer’s account or notify the customer that the account will not be charged, within one customer’s billing cycle, after the order is cancelled.

source: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:35:25 PM

Ken,

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Isn't ken legally required to give refunds for every single preorder due to the fact that the product no longer exists? FTC says he can have delays up to 30 days past original shipment date or else refunds must be given. And FTC also says refunds must be given within 7 days of order cancellation.

If the customer paid by cash, check, or money order, you must refund the correct amount by first class mail within seven working days after the order is cancelled.
    If the customer paid by credit, you must credit the customer’s account or notify the customer that the account will not be charged, within one customer’s billing cycle, after the order is cancelled.

source: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Look up the rule for custom orders.  This is the rule for pre-manufactured items.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:43:11 PM

Look up the rule for custom orders.  This is the rule for pre-manufactured items.

What Does the Rule Cover?

It applies to most goods a customer orders from the seller by mail, telephone, fax, or on the Internet.

It does not matter how the merchandise is advertised, how the customer pays, or who initiates the contact.
magzy

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

Just refund the people already ken. Don't get into the same boat as BFL and hash fast.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:59:36 AM

Just refund the people already ken. Don't get into the same boat as BFL and hash fast.

and KNC.
Anddos

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:42:11 AM

I received a HashFast refund in a timely manner, VMC sent and unsigned Check first of all then asked me to send it back and since then I have heard nothing.

LMAO they sent you an unsigned Check,how does that even happen

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

I received a HashFast refund in a timely manner, VMC sent and unsigned Check first of all then asked me to send it back and since then I have heard nothing.

It's a very old con man trick from the 1970s.  Sending a bad check is fraud.  Sending an unsigned check buys you a few weeks for an 'honest mistake'
Anddos

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:00:40 AM

It's a very old con man trick from the 1970s.  Sending a back check is fraud.  Sending an unsigned check buys you a few weeks for an 'honest mistake'

Its a terrible mistake to make and that person must be super retarded

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:24:55 AM

Ken,

You're full of shit, a liar, and a thief. You never sold a custom item, custom would mean individualized. You presold a product, and you are lying and stealing from your victims. Man up and send the refunds or GTFO you loser.
magzy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:41:21 AM

Ken,

You're full of shit, a liar, and a thief. You never sold a custom item, custom would mean individualized. You presold a product, and you are lying and stealing from your victims. Man up and send the refunds or GTFO you loser.

@rick may I inquire as to your purchase with VMC?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 11:06:56 PM

Ken,

Each machine was built to order, the individualized order for the type of machine and the number of cards.  We did not build a machine before we had a order for it.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:16:03 PM

Each machine was built to order, the individualized order for the type of machine and the number of cards.  We did not build a machine before we had a order for it.

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:08:14 AM

Ken,

You have never shipped any configured machines you are delusional sir. Where is my refund you as hole. 
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 01:27:47 AM

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

16 CFR Part 435 does not cover Internet Sales.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: