Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpartanCoin - Cryptocoin for the competitive world.  (Read 215544 times)
Pool Op2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:48:22 PM

Spn.LightningHash.com
0% FEES FOREVER
1 MINUTE PROP PAYOUTS
Vardiff / Stratum
WE ARE LIVE! GET YOUR SPARTA ON!
Spn.LightningHash.com

Multi-Pool Auto Switching at http://lightninghash.com
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:55:16 PM

Pools, look:

https://github.com/spartanncoin/spartancoin/blob/master/src/rpcwallet.cpp#L1518

Just instant fix: bool isValid = true;

I am not 100% sure, but it should work.
SpartanCoin (OP)

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 09:56:31 PM

Listen guys. I understand this crap is not right. I am not the only one working on this and am labeled the Dev due to the position I took. I am only part of this project. You guys need a fix and I need it as well. There is an amazing amount crap flying around and it has a Spartan intensity. I didn't get into this project to launch a coin and be done... I see possibilities with things like this and that was why I got involved. Each person involved had a role to play and we were all expected to do our part. We take the hit as a team and the benefits as a team. We all work a day job like the rest of you do and love the idea of cryptocurrency and what it has to offer. I was not in control of the github upload but being in the team and the face of this project I take the full blow. The dev in charge with the source is at work, he cannot stop to work with the code as it will jeopardize his employment since most employers prefer you to work on their projects not your own, especially since they are paying you. We would not have said 3:30 for relaunch if we weren't sure of it. If you scroll back you will find one post said it best and understood the project and said ... wait on the launch if needed. Any maybe we should have even though the community was chomping at the bit ready for war.

From a project standpoint, we will proceed regardless of the insanely difficult start. Those of you who really like the coin and the business approach will surely stick around. To me you show support and vision beyond mining and dumping and moving on. There is opportunity in this market and for those that want to be involved for the long haul will and those who want the short term, I thank you for your interest regardless. We did not "do it to you again" as I have seen... there is something that needs a fix. and we will fix it. To the pools, thank you for your interest and I hope you will stick around, if you do not I fully understand. There are many out there and we will move forward because that is just the way things work.

As for the issue in the source on github. I am waiting for the dev to be done work. 3 hours from now he is off work and will address this. If he fixes it before then because he finds a way, I will post. But until them It truly is out of my hands. My sincerest apologies.

I can post responses on the forum but I will maintain the liberty of holding back if the thread is just attacks and gifs without merit. Please understand. I am not going anywhere regardless of what a few of you believe.

Spartans! What is your profession? War! War! War!
bitchallenged

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:01:19 PM

Listen guys. I understand this crap is not right. I am not the only one working on this and am labeled the Dev due to the position I took. I am only part of this project. You guys need a fix and I need it as well. There is an amazing amount crap flying around and it has a Spartan intensity. I didn't get into this project to launch a coin and be done... I see possibilities with things like this and that was why I got involved. Each person involved had a role to play and we were all expected to do our part. We take the hit as a team and the benefits as a team. We all work a day job like the rest of you do and love the idea of cryptocurrency and what it has to offer. I was not in control of the github upload but being in the team and the face of this project I take the full blow. The dev in charge with the source is at work, he cannot stop to work with the code as it will jeopardize his employment since most employers prefer you to work on their projects not your own, especially since they are paying you. We would not have said 3:30 for relaunch if we weren't sure of it. If you scroll back you will find one post said it best and understood the project and said ... wait on the launch if needed. Any maybe we should have even though the community was chomping at the bit ready for war.

From a project standpoint, we will proceed regardless of the insanely difficult start. Those of you who really like the coin and the business approach will surely stick around. To me you show support and vision beyond mining and dumping and moving on. There is opportunity in this market and for those that want to be involved for the long haul will and those who want the short term, I thank you for your interest regardless. We did not "do it to you again" as I have seen... there is something that needs a fix. and we will fix it. To the pools, thank you for your interest and I hope you will stick around, if you do not I fully understand. There are many out there and we will move forward because that is just the way things work.

As for the issue in the source on github. I am waiting for the dev to be done work. 3 hours from now he is off work and will address this. If he fixes it before then because he finds a way, I will post. But until them It truly is out of my hands. My sincerest apologies.

I can post responses on the forum but I will maintain the liberty of holding back if the thread is just attacks and gifs without merit. Please understand. I am not going anywhere regardless of what a few of you believe.

Is it still ok to mine in pools until the dev fixes the wallet validity issue?
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:02:12 PM

Is it still ok to mine in pools until the dev fixes the wallet validity issue?

Why the hell no? It's temp issue.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:12:28 PM

Thank you for your honest response.
I for one see no reason or gain for the devs to abandon the coin. That would simply make no sense.
I will continue to mine and trust that the issues will be resolved soon.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
bitchallenged

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:23:23 PM

Oh, so this rescheduled launch didn't go so smoothly? Go figure. Glad I didn't waste my time trying to be here for it after the debacle last night.

For anyone new to this coin, be very careful, the developers are: a) not appropriately skilled to run a coin and b) completely inept at managing a community that wants to support them. Compare it to this coin or that coin and look at what x, y, z, did all you want - that doesn't change the facts. This is a market of assumed risk. The risk for wasting your time and BTC is quite high on this coin. Fair warning.

Claiming you have an amazing business plan, a great team, and the skills to make it all happen while also being apparently unable to reach important members of the team when they're needed... I dunno, something just doesn't fit into that whole package. You're confidant you've got an amazing product that is going to be a clear winner in the altcoin spectrum, yet you can't take a day off of work? Even if you aren't sincere and this is just a get-rich-quick-scheme, you have the opportunity to make more than a year's salary in a couple weeks - and you can't find the time to be available for it to happen? How serious are these people? Hint: not very.

What happened to the lighter side of you dude, you were ready to put together a comedy troupe called "Out to Launch" last night lol
SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:27:06 PM

Oh, so this rescheduled launch didn't go so smoothly? Go figure. Glad I didn't waste my time trying to be here for it after the debacle last night.

For anyone new to this coin, be very careful, the developers are: a) not appropriately skilled to run a coin and b) completely inept at managing a community that wants to support them. Compare it to this coin or that coin and look at what x, y, z, did all you want - that doesn't change the facts. This is a market of assumed risk. The risk for wasting your time and BTC is quite high on this coin. Fair warning.

Claiming you have an amazing business plan, a great team, and the skills to make it all happen while also being apparently unable to reach important members of the team when they're needed... I dunno, something just doesn't fit into that whole package. You're confidant you've got an amazing product that is going to be a clear winner in the altcoin spectrum, yet you can't take a day off of work? You're not there for the launch? Huh? Even if you aren't sincere and this is just a get-rich-quick-scheme, you have the opportunity to make more than a year's salary in a couple weeks - and you can't find the time to be available for it to happen? How serious are these people? Hint: not very.

We do have a great plan. And yes people do become unavailable. I have contacted another coin developer to resolve this. that's all I can say. A temp fix is not the way to go.

SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:31:33 PM

not once did I treat supporters like a hassle and annoyance. you ever suppressed an angry mob. It's an interesting task. As for supporters we have many of them. All of which hadnt gone on a witch hunt and want to have things resolved and move forward.

Again I have someone else looking at it. In light of any possible humour... smoke some more weed and send some more gifs and meme's.

DarkTrix

Activity: 532

Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:43:53 PM

not once did I treat supporters like a hassle and annoyance. you ever suppressed an angry mob. It's an interesting task. As for supporters we have many of them. All of which hadnt gone on a witch hunt and want to have things resolved and move forward.

Again I have someone else looking at it. In light of any possible humour... smoke some more weed and send some more gifs and meme's.

Completely ignoring everybody in this thread after ensuring us *specifically* that you would provide regular updates qualifies as dismissing us as unimportant. Communicating half-assedly through a third party via email (what is this, 2002?), who is merely a member of the IPO and not a member of your team at all does NOT count as communication. It's not what you said you'd do, it's not what a professional team would do, and hence, yes, your team or whoever was flustered/frustrated/rushed (understandably so!) and neglected proper management of PR did infact, treat the community as a hassle/annoyance and chose to ignore us. Don't kid yourself, whether you personally were here or it was someone else, no attempt was made AT ALL by anyone on your team in any official capacity to communicate with the community until about 4 hours past the missed launch time. (After specifically stating you would, about every 10 minutes).

Tell me what's incorrect about this.

Guys i think we need to cool it down in here a little. People are having issues it's bound to happen in any launch. Things will be fixed i can assure you. It wasn't so long ago that many were posting this is a scam, what happened next. Oh a launch! So we have stepped forward and it's a big step. Lessons have been learned and i think this is a great coin with great potential. Let's cut a little slack here!

Sorry i am not targeting your post specifically but the general feedback to the Dev team, it is not an easy task to overcome!

nikkers

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:48:44 PM

The suggestion that he even attempted to "suppress an angry mob" is a joke. He made one statement - a good one - shortly after the launch missed its target. After that, dead silence. The fact that he portrays the situation as him needing to "suppress" the "angry mob" speaks volumes about how he/they view this operation and the social dynamic that surrounds it. It's sophomoric.

DarkTrix

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:49:57 PM

I think it's more likely the all nighter's and time and effort they are putting in is not getting recognized which is enough to make anyone feel a little annoyed. To be honest some of the posts on here are downright rude, and i don't think people need to go to that level personally. Each to their own.

DarkTrix

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:51:17 PM

So to clarify are the coins we are currently mining invalid? as my wallet worked fine once i created a new receive code for my wallet?

DarkTrix

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:54:55 PM

Let's cut a little slack here!

Sorry, there are usually 1-5 coin launches every. fucking. day. The majority are a mess, like this, because they aren't really professional operations - they're people hoping to cash in on a trend. I'm not saying I'm any better - I'm here trying to profit. But let's also not pretend dev teams that put out this sort of work/launch are any sort of professionals at all. That's an insult to some of the truly innovative and professional teams/devs out there, doing impressive and innovative or courageous things with their coin. These guys puff their chests like they've got something truly desirable, when the reality is it *needed* a smooth launch since it really has absolutely nothing about it that is new/desirable/unique and so on. It's just the 327th scrypt coin with a "dev team" that may or may not be done with their undergraduate work.

Each to their own. I just think negativity is counter productive no matter what, i'm just one supporting it to help issues get sorted out where i can. The hashrate says there alot of people who still ahve faith or they wouldn't still have their miners pointed at the pools. 

SpartanCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:54:59 PM

It doesn't speak volumes. What speaks volumes is the dependency out there for pump and dump mentality. We will fix this issue and move on. Not sure what you expect at the moment with the continued ranting. I am in a position to remain professional about it so when shit is spread nothing to truly respond to. if you can't understand that I'm not sure what you want said. I do not see one professional post in here. Just a lynching.

LVMinatore

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:56:11 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 11:18:26 PM by LVMinatore

cryptolemaik, if you can change from supporter to hater in few hours, I guess you have bigger problem than just mining a virtual coin. No one is forcing you to follow this thread... go somewhere else if this makes you feel better.

I do support this coin and I invested MY OWN MONEY in the IPO, and few hours of wait/issues will not change the bright future for this coin.

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:00:07 PM

Let's cut a little slack here!

Sorry, there are usually 1-5 coin launches every. fucking. day. The majority are a mess, like this, because they aren't really professional operations - they're people hoping to cash in on a trend. I'm not saying I'm any better - I'm here trying to profit. But let's also not pretend dev teams that put out this sort of work/launch are any sort of professionals at all. That's an insult to some of the truly innovative and professional teams/devs out there, doing impressive and innovative or courageous things with their coin. These guys puff their chests like they've got something truly desirable, when the reality is it *needed* a smooth launch since it really has absolutely nothing about it that is new/desirable/unique and so on. It's just the 327th scrypt coin with a "dev team" that may or may not be done with their undergraduate work.

And Dark, I have no problem with you, and you're a nice guy/gal with a sensible disposition. But unfortunately you're financially invested in the success of this launch and beyond, being an IPO holder, so... as sure as I am that you're a solid person, your blind support of the team is assumed, and not unbiased.
I think most people know what they are getting into when they decide to jump into a new coin if they where expecting professionalism every time no one would mine tittycoin, sexcoin, fuckyomamauptheasscoin!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Namun X

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:00:53 PM

It doesn't speak volumes. What speaks volumes is the dependency out there for pump and dump mentality. We will fix this issue and move on. Not sure what you expect at the moment with the continued ranting. I am in a position to remain professional about it so when shit is spread nothing to truly respond to. if you can't understand that I'm not sure what you want said. I do not see one professional post in here. Just a lynching.

Hey SpartanCoin ... I`m running http://spn.hashing.at/ ... there was a problem earlier with people not being able to add windows wallet generated addresses to the pool ... to any pool actually, as they don't validate ... only daemon generated addresses work.

Is/was this fixed ?
ixk1

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:06:06 PM

I am actually still mining this coin.. was here ENTIRE time last night waiting for launch.. which ok.. please help me understand this...

Writing Email to IPO Investor (1 Person)

Writing Post on Forum (Everyone Else)

Both take same amount of time.. so dont understand why "The Community" wasn't told from ANYONE on the "DEV TEAM" what was going on.. its coming from a ipo investor that apparently doesn't know how to solo mine.. or possibly learned this after noon after there was no Source code for any pool to get going. 

Yes.. there are numerous posts on here that are downright RUDE.. absolutely... but it is downright RUDE to just leave people hanging for hours on end.. and then reschedule.. which actually gives you more time to work out any bugs.. do a little testing.. whatever you need... so we all semi-confidently come back @ 3:30EST to mine.. and all shit hits the fan... ya.. hopefully its going to be fixed.. it SEEMS that a member of the DEV TEAM is actually posting again... (not callin you dev.. because i think I read that you plainly said you are not the dev)... but at least you are on the TEAM... but seriously.. a lot of us down right wasted time on this.  If there is a problem.. speak up.. say hey guys.. lets take another week... or hey guys.. gimme 24hrs and we'll have this ready to go.. not just leave ppl hangin for 3 hours.. that was total nonsence last night.. only reason I stayed involved as long as I did last night was because I was stoned, and the people here were posting all kindz of rediculously funny posts and pictures.. so ya.. But come on.. just get organized please... get a game plan... actually redo the OP on 1st page.. saying your game plan so ppl arnt searching through 30 pages of posts looking for an answer.. but let us know.. This actually can be a great coin.. but the community is actually still here.. but you have to show that you have a game plan.. and have capable people that can follow through.. or you absolutely will lose the rest of your community minus the people who invested obviously..
kode02

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 11:14:38 PM

Dear Dev, release the source for the pools or please email pool operators some sort of ETA.
We have other things to do then hit F5 for an hour.

spn.lightninghash.com

+1

http://spn.hashfever.com

could you confirm if exist any issue with this alert in the pool? "You have exceeded the pools configured SPN warning threshold. Please initiate a transfer!"

we can mining well or will we have any problem? Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: