Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any ALTCOIN ever overtake Bitcoin ?  (Read 2416 times)
KROADER

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:18:20 PM

In a few years I'm sure bitcoin will lose its spot as #1
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:39:48 PM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.
In all Cryptocurrency, only ETH can be compared and hopefully it will pass bitcoin. But now it is known that no altcoin can overcome the bitcoin. Everything falls down because no one trusts altcoin, and only believes in bitcoin

mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:40:24 PM

I'm thinking Bitcoin will advance with Segwit and Lighting network. By the time it's outdated, devs will come up with something state-of-art. People see that bitcoin is one losing less value and getting more profits than the majority of alts. But someday maybe, not in the nearest future.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:41:44 PM

What? So just because bitcoin reduced in value many people are making a whole lot os speculations well this is what i have to say, i don't think any altcoin will ever overtake bitcoin and if you are thinking of Ethereum then you can forget about it because it will never get close to bitcoin.

amanarora_1

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:42:07 PM

There's very less chances that any altcoin will overtake Bitcoin. The big reason is it's huge price and even it's price goes more up in december (May be $30,000). Bitcoin is not a cryptocurrency- actually it is a mother, father and also grandfather of cryptocurrency. Even some altcoins came with name of Bitcoin like Bitcoin Gold, but still can't able to compare with Bitcoin.
Kakarot01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:49:53 PM

On the off chance that prior I thought it was unthinkable. Presently I'm considering. In the wake of taking a gander at the market, cryptographic money. I'm a couple exceptionally shocked how a few graves develop. Also, more every one of us are astonished. I don't know this can occur sooner rather than later. In any case, the way that there are chances for some. This is a reality.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:50:14 PM

I really don’t see any of the Altcoins on the market having any potential to take over Bitcoins positions as number one on the coinmarketcap.
Bitcoins are the king now and will most likely be this in 10 or 20 years from now also. When people think of digital money they think of Bitcoins, most don’t even know about blockchain technology or what crypto currency is.
So all the new people will try to get Bitcoins. I also hold most of my crypto in Bitcoins. Any Altcoins can fall with 99% or more within weeks, or the dev team can leave, I don’t see Bitcoins ever face those problems.
cryptoAB.me

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

I don't think this kind ever happen because all the market always depend on Bitcoin movement... so I don't think it will be a easy thing for any project to overtake Bitcoin
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:57:55 PM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

In my personal opinion, i believe altcoin would never overtake or reach bitcoin because it is the first cryptocurrency that was created and it has more value than any altcoin. But i think the altcoin that could reach bitcoin is ethereum because many investors would like to hold ethereum nowadays.
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:41:04 PM

Altcoin overtaking Bitcoin is like imagining a formula 1 car get overtaken by a bike. This is just an imagination in my honest opinion and no alt has the capacity to overtake bitcoin in terms of price. There is less possibility that any altcoin can overtake Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currencies and as per the market cap and price and a quick look at coinmarketcap shows that there's no coin anywhere close to Bitcoin in terms of price.
Altcoins have more prospects of competing with each other in terms of price and market cap.
MontagueEugene

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:47:40 PM

I think ETH can be beat the BTC in the future and its price will be big in the future. Because  it have a very big community and the platforms.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:54:02 PM

It will be impossible for altcoin to overtake bitcoin,the best we can have is a reasonable increment in the price of altcoin.
kreon112

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

Altcoins are not so strong how they should be to be able to beat Btc, this cryptocurrency is the foundation of the cryptomarket and its price influence on others.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:58:26 PM

Possibly, if holding it gave the investor a reliable and genuine source of passive income.

Bitcoin is great but it doesn't provide any benefits to hodlers other than the fact it is deflationary

If for example, holding a coin gave the investor airdrops of REAL value and/or you could rent our your tokens for a decent price, then maybe such a coin could overtake btcs market cap

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:00:47 PM

At the moment, no one can takeover bitcoin. Every altcoins reacts to bitcoin price movement. In a few years more years, it could change though since blockchain keeps on evolving.
slightmoon

Activity: 224

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:05:52 PM

Bitcoin has huge community or investors value compare to other coins no doubt. So, Not gonna happen ever any coin overtake Bitcoin. Just in the case when people don't trade with crypto and meaningless for them that time all the has no value that time maybe some cross but no value that time.

denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:06:52 PM

I really dont see that happening. At least not for the next 4-5 years. Even if the use case of that potential alt is so great it would be almost impossible for it to reach the ATH of Bitcoin.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:06:58 PM

Even though Ethereum was dropping insanely this year, hitting 45% loss for the last two months it still established itself solidly alongside of Bitcoin on the market. As for other altcoins - no chances they'll hit Bitcoin in the nearest future. While Bitcoin team was working on legislation processes, convoking hundreds of conferences and meetings, attracting new businessmen and investors (more information: https://www.bitcoinmarketjournal.com/conferences/) Ethereum team worked on platform widening and development. This year they've made lots of new partnerships, which we can see by the number of ICOs and hundreds of new Ethereum-based tokens, set in motion Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and ConsenSys to make easier future ETH adoption. I think both done well and we can expect great advances in price soon.
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:07:59 PM

In a bid not to sound overreaching, Bitcoin is king and it is the bigger coin in terms of market capitalization, price and adoption. People who aren't in the cryptos circle probably do not know any other cryptocurrency except bitcoin. They get to know there're alts when they gain more knowledge. Is essence, no alts can overtake bitcoin in terms of price

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:10:27 PM

bitcoin will lalways be expensive because it is first choice crypto-currency as an asset or as a store of value, not necessarily as a currency,
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: