Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any ALTCOIN ever overtake Bitcoin ?  (Read 2416 times)
a2zC

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:55:55 AM

I don't think that is possible. Bitcoin is the only true cryptocurrency that is perfectly immutable, secured and transparent. No other coin offer such foolproof features, even if they claim to be like Bitcoin but there are a lot of loopholes between what they say and what they actually are. So, there is not possibility for ALTs to take over Bitcoin, at least according to me.
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:57:37 PM

The answer to your question is simply no. None of the Alts have the potential to replace or overtake Bitcoin in the current situation of the market. In future, we cannot really predict what will happen, but right now, there is not worthy competitor of Bitcoin available in ALT market.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:16:02 PM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.
Bitcoin will never be overtake with any other altcoin because bitcoin will remain top 1 in the market and it is the first cryptocurrency that was created. Bitcoin will never be overtake, even some altcoins will start to have a good value because they couldn't reach bitcoins value.
ShakingCoin

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:32:13 PM

They could. We have seen ETH winning the hearts and the market over BTC. So there could be the emergence of an altcoin which could be the better one of BTC. But that may take some time, in the distant future.
BarnabyETH

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:53:07 PM

This is not an impossible task, but it is not an easy one to accomplish either. Given BTC is the best one from its inception and there has been so many coins which came and died and was not able to budge BTC out of its place. So, the coin needs to be pretty amazing and top notch to beat BTC.
monirmostafiz
Copper Member

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:59:10 PM

I do not think anything can give an altcoin market lead by overtaking Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin is the Mother Coin of the crypto currency, it does not seem to have any stable alter coins near it.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
belal12

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:10:53 PM

I do not think so that any coin can overtake bitcoin. Bitcoin is the more popular to all of us than any other coin , it is the king of crypto currency. We cannot think crypto world without bitcoin.
mairespleet

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:15:38 PM

This is hard to say. It could but it needs to be a pretty amazing coin to accomplish that. Given BTC has been in the market from 2009. And in 9 years there hasn't been a single coin that can be deemed as a betetr coin, says that this is the best coin in the market and that the standard has been set pretty high by BTC.
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:18:15 PM

This is hard to say. It could but it needs to be a pretty amazing coin to accomplish that. Given BTC has been in the market from 2009. And in 9 years there hasn't been a single coin that can be deemed as a betetr coin, says that this is the best coin in the market and that the standard has been set pretty high by BTC.
I think that big investors will not risk and will not invest into some new coins when there is Bitcoin, well estabilished big cryptocurrency.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:16:35 PM

In my personal opinion I think it’s quite tough to overtake btc by any other alt coins. But yes there is chance to overtake if other alt coins become more secure and same time offer large scalability than btc.

Maybe several years will pass, and real genius will invent a perfect cryptocurrency which will become a real bomb. Then, this crypto might have the chances to overtake Bitcoin. Today's alts can never do it.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:41:12 AM

This year's market price movements have decreased more often, not only bitcoin which has always experienced a decline in market prices, almost all altcoins follow the movement of bitcoin prices so that no altcoin can exceed the price of bitcoin
goshay97

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:54:41 AM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

No Bitcoin is #1 because it was the originator and the first.  Since no one can ever lay claim to these facts Bitcoin will always be #1.  No matter how great the other coin is it wont matter. 
romeo robert

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:57:24 AM

I guess it's not possible, is there a possibility altcoin rates could exceed the bitcoin but in power say think is impossible because of the bitcoin has enormous power to move markets crypto.
kakaword

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:13:32 AM

I think it is very difficult to go beyond bitcoin. Bitcoin is the pioneer of this industry, its position in this industry is unshakable, and its market value has been far ahead of other cryptocurrencies, despite its technology. It is behind, but I still believe that it will not be surpassed.
carlzhao

Activity: 120

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:23:53 AM

In my opinion it is possible and we'll have ever have such competitive alternative cryptocurency which will beat Btc. But it is impossible in the nearest time.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Fbi_babs

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:48:43 AM

Well, the possibility of that happening is really slim cos as it is now we all know that bitcoin has been the only coin that dictates the trend of all coins. So for that reason, I'm not sure its gonna happen and if it is happening, not any time soon
Adeyod

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:13:06 PM

with the lessons that life has taught me, I believe there is nothing impossible in this world we are. Some years back, nobody will ever believe that bitcoin will ever come and people will reduce the rate at which they use credit cards and other forms of online means of payment and embrace the bitcoin. In as much as this can happen, so also I believe that one day we can see altcoin that can move much more than bitcoin. The altcoin just needs to have a very good use case, dedicated team members who are ready to work tirelessly to achieve the fit.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

overtaking I don't think so it is going to happen and even if it does which is very unlikely it will take years from now to happen. and regarding the price of altcoins then that depends how are you comparing to it like bitcoin was once under 1000$ and we have seen a handful of altcoins breaching that 1000$ mark so yes altcoins can reach the price of bitcoin(it only depends which price you want to compare it to).
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:02:28 PM

Right now the concern should be about stability, overtaking is a far fetched dream!
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1767

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:08:08 PM

Meanwhile I can't imagine that Bitcoin can be replaced by an altcoin sometime. Even Ethereum wasn't in the long run and won't make it in the future. Bitcoin is the leading currency in the crypto world. It's the first, big crypto coin, has the most support and the strongest network. That's probably why no altcoin will be able to take the place of Bitcoin in the future. It would still be possible, that happens, but very unlikely. There will be altcoins alongside Bitcoin that will hold their own but never surpass Bitcoin.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: