Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any ALTCOIN ever overtake Bitcoin ?  (Read 2420 times)
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:53:06 PM

Still believe in the near future they have coins or maybe the ethereum will become or overtake bitcoin as king.
They need only time for that they takes few years before it happen because that is not easy because market now dumping the value.
posporo

Activity: 501
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 01:56:43 AM

I don't think so, especially now that the value of eth is very cheap today and if we are going to compare the price of btc and eth, there is a big gap even though we could say that eth will increase. The potential of btc still stands out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Beldon

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:08:55 AM

I think for now there are no altcoins that overtake bitcoin, moreover all the price of coins goes down, and for bitcoin itself even though the price has dropped but it is still the top coin in crypto until now and no one can beat it

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:11:18 AM

In terms of uses, ALTCOINS can possibly overtake BITCOIN but in terms of value, I don't think it is possible since BITCOIN is the mother of all coins and it is the basis of the prices. The characteristics of the Altcoins having smaller in value is their advantage for investors when the market rise up. They start small then they eventually get a higher value.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:16:26 AM

maybe this can happen in the future but I am still doubting which altcoin that could be, because Bitcoin is a principality in the cryptocurrency world, If any of such will happen, that will be in decades.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:19:30 AM

maybe this can happen in the future but I am still doubting which altcoin that could be, because Bitcoin is a principality in the cryptocurrency world, If any of such will happen, that will be in decades.
It is still too early to say this because we are still not sure what will happen in the future. I believe that Bitcoin will still be an option for everyone because its potential is huge and no one can compare to Bitcoin at this time.
fortelen

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:32:09 AM

bitcoin will always be the top spot. the market is dominated by bitcoin even until half the better and certainly will not be taken over by altcoin. Although altcoin continued popping up and there are new innovations, but this will not be enough to shift the position of the bitcoin from the Summit. When will indeed happen panning will certainly be influential to other altcoin or crypto balance.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 02:32:53 AM

I think that it is almost impossible since Bitcoin should always be the number one cryptocurrency on the market
This is the most accurate to say.

It is 'almost impossible' but we don't know what trend will replace bitcoin's popularity in the future. But as of the moment, bitcoin is the best coin and it can't be overtaken by any altcoin there. Alts are alts and bitcoin is bitcoin which can't be changed.
Michelecako

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 08:15:00 PM

In our fast world, anything can happen, especially in the world of cryptocurrencies. No one can specify or determine which coin can beat Bitcoin. There are currently no coins that can beat bitcoin. While bitcoin is still the number one coin. But altcoins can overtake bitcoin in 10-12 years.

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space
     TOKEN SALE      ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:47:38 PM

I think for now there are no altcoins that overtake bitcoin, moreover all the price of coins goes down, and for bitcoin itself even though the price has dropped but it is still the top coin in crypto until now and no one can beat it

there are some coin with price higher than bitcoin but their volumes are too low and most of people even didn't hear about them.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
republicrypto

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252

Keep it Simple guys :)

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:04:56 PM

I think that it is almost impossible since Bitcoin should always be the number one cryptocurrency on the market

and if we look behind,,
if bitcoin didn't born, i think altcoins will never born too,,
so, i'm sure bitcoin will allways be the king of cryptocurrencies my friend
regards
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:07:07 PM

Only the most potential altcoins have a chance to do it,for instance ethereum.
But now btc dominance is over 50%,so I think it will not happen within 5 years

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
BurgerCash

Activity: 187
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:07:15 PM

there are some coin with price higher than bitcoin but their volumes are too low and most of people even didn't hear about them.
If BTC continues dropping, it will take just a bit of money to actually flip it, so altcoin devs might be tempted (if they're millionaires from bitcoin already).
If the bull comes soon, then that's highly unlikely.
Time will tell, I'm ready for both scenarios

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
aces777

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:19:35 PM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.
If you are expecting any kind of price hike for the coins you are in for a world of hurt, this is the year of the bear and the next year is most likely just going to continue in the bear. It is time to make peace with the fact that there is no way that we are actually going to see any kind of bull in the market this year. Get comfortable with the bear

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:46:58 PM

It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

I'm not sure that any alternative currency will be able to bypass bitcoin by capitalization. But we see that the market is very manipulative. And in such a market anything can happen. It is possible that Ripple will do it .. But bitcoin is very much trusted by market players.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

Some promising altcoins will be able to outrun bitcoin in price, but this may not happen soon. In order for this to happen, Bitcoin must first lose its price dominance over other types of cryptocurrency, dropping in the volume of capitalization to the level of capitalization of other coins. Therefore, in all likelihood, this can happen only when Bitcoin loses its popularity and its level of capitalization falls along with its price. Only after that the altcoins will be able to overtake him in price. Theoretically, this is possible, especially since Bitcoin is not in the best shape, given its scalability of seven transactions per second.
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 05:02:26 PM

I think sooner or later that will happen, bitcoin no matter how useful it may be is not the best coin in the market, other transaction coins are pretty good, like dash or stellar, so there are replacements waiting, the only thing that keeps bitcoin in that position is the value people give it in the market.
megaplage

Activity: 320

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 08:47:58 AM

I am absolutely sure, that bitcoin is the hottest crypto currencies. And also I know that altcoin is just a huge amount of coins that perform a bunch of functions. I deeply doubt that they are capable of surpassing bitcoin
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:45:08 PM

Maybe this will be someday, but it probably won't be in near future. Now we are watching for the falling, and there are no really breakthrough projects.
Ryan_Priston97

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:09:41 PM

nothing can Overthrow BTC  Grin Grin Grin not even a NUKE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: