Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:03:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet hacks? WTF!!!  (Read 783 times)
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:10:45 AM

Yes it is an old trick. A lot of scammers used phishing sites to gather info of their victim and its still working until now. Avoiding it is as simple as bookmarking the websote. Dunno why others still fell for it. Maybe they are too comfortable and complacent on what they were doing and   doesn't pay attention on the URL.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wasiuadejumo

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:23:14 AM

Myethwallet hacked. This hacker are dangerous now that they don't have respect for Blockchain technology again this the same way idex was hacked and I lost up to $1400 in a day. Let just trade with care
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:30:55 AM

To avoid MyEtherWallet hacks, do not use it to check your tokens balance. You can you https://etherscan.io or https://ethplorer.io to check your tokens. Don't login your wallet on MyEtherWallet with your Private key or Mnemonic Phrase. Only use Metamask or Mist to connect with MyEtherWallet to send your token.
Chom_

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:39:30 AM

Yeah, That's true. MyEtherWallet is very very smart online transaction wallet and it is the very useful wallet for the store our tokens. But now it has some risk because scammers are hacking the MyEtherWallets. Personally, I have lost my MEW accounts in the past. Sad thing is, it's hacked with tokens and ETH. Actually, that's a very sad thing for me. Then I get ledger wallet and store my all tokens in the ledger wallet. It is very very safer than MEW. So I will recommend to all if you can but hardware wallet, so please get ledger wallet. It is very useful.
I still don't understand what is a wallet Ledger, because this time I also use Mew for storing the token and ETH me, do you can provide a link to me, so that the assets of my digital safe
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:43:46 AM

It may be old tricks, if i'm not mistaken I already read this issue before in different thread. That thread had been giving awareness about this scam. If I found it maybe I will update my reply and look to the thread by your own.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:49:35 PM

I guess the only alternative now is to make sure one gets a hardware wallet. These phishers are getting smarter by the day and soon it might be too late to differentiate between a real wallet and a fake wallet. Having a hot wallet can be so cumbersome.
If you are holding an amount of coins that is more valuable than the price of a hardware wallet then you have the obligation to get one, there have been cases of people holding a fortune in their computers running all kind of pirated software besides their wallet, if you have so much money then you need to have a hardware wallet so you can protect yourself better from those hackers.
anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:52:04 PM

i will just laugh pn this as MEW is very safe an if you got hack it is your fault.
yes, that is true if you wallet gone through to anything then it is your fault
the best thing to do is taking care of your pr9ivate keys right which i think the poster didnt do well/
Thesaintplague

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

https://www.jacs.tech/

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:05:58 PM

I have one question - where did the hacker get the private keys to the wallets? I think it may be hacked big database or some of the applications in Google Chrome. I think that's the only reason

JACS   ♦♦♦   Internet 3.0 Decentralized Infrastructure
▬▬▬▬▬▬     https://www.jacs.tech/     ▬▬▬▬▬▬
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:09:01 PM

MyEtherWallet is a place that everyone trusts and uses, but sometimes they can be attacked. In the days when phishing or similar attacks are taking place, the prices of crypto money are decreasing, like today Sad

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:18:04 PM

my two wallets was hacked, I lose big money, as I understand  they hacked me by vpn Hola, not only me, I saw 600 address get 0.05 ETH and than all funds stolen
Dm.Stepanoff

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:53:40 AM

in most cases, people themselves are making their key. and I have often encountered people who entered the key in airdrops and then wondered how they were hacked. or my friend on the phishing site entered the key and just did not understand what happened. therefore first of all it is necessary to watch
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

I have one question - where did the hacker get the private keys to the wallets? I think it may be hacked big database or some of the applications in Google Chrome. I think that's the only reason
Myetherwallet does not store your private keys, so there is no database to steal from them, what it happens is that people have awful surfing habits and they click on everything they see not understanding that they are one click away to give their coins away, also many people do not even take the time to verify that they are in the right site or that their computers are free from viruses.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:37:59 PM

It has been said several times in this forum that myetherwallet is no longer safe to check your tokens, otherwise you might get hacked.

As long as you visit the correct site and check the certificate it's safe to use myetherwallet.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:05:34 PM

MEW wallets have been the targets of several phishing attempts lately. If you are using MEW, then you must confirm that you are using the correct URL. Make sure that you have "MyEtherWallet Inc [US]" on the left side of the URL in your browser.
That's what he meant and that's very true.
I see these SCAMMERS looking for Pishing sites to create or steal private keys from other people, there are so many things like that and I have often heard them.
tridverju
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:06:32 PM

Do not worry, I think it is a mistake. We need more security for MEW and I hope these guys will integrate any art of 2FA in the future. MEW could be fished very easily, if you are not careful enough. Just stay safe and everything will be great.
aligator2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:18:01 PM

Almost all hacks are connected not with hacking someone's wallet the hard way but with negligence of users who send their private key to side resources by themselves.
And that thing that op is talking about is kinda instant karma tool Smiley

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:35:46 PM

I have been using myetherwallet for quite some time now, and I must confess that it is strange news for me hearing that it got hacked. I have never heard or read something like this until now. The wallet is more than safe as far as I know, and I have never had reason to fear or doubt its security.
absurde

Activity: 532
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 02:39:08 PM

Thanks for feedback, i haven't seen something like that before. That will be a good lesson for me, not  to touch any mew private keys or adreeses. Away from me, i hate hackers.
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:40:02 PM

I have using myetherwallet for long time and I didn't faced this problem yet. But heard from some people that their mew hacked. I think it happen because maybe they shared their private key with others persons.
spopovss

Activity: 672

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:43:26 PM

Guys, it’s just that my entrance to the site of the metnervallet doesn’t work with MEWconnect application, I scan QRcode, but nothing happens.
Who knows  reason?

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: